IGNORED

Do Any of You Ever Wear Denim skirts?

luckylassie

i was just thinking about the Duggar fashion. Do you think that the denim skirt look is casual or just too fancy or odd?

I have a very dark denim skirt,just above the knee I wear in summer. I bought a long one(no slit) but am still deciding if I will wear it in the winter or not.

I don't think it's odd. It would be appropriate to wear whenever one would wear jeans. I personally don't wear them because i find them too restricting, and when i wear skirts i'm only comfortable if they're super flowy. But there's nothing wrong with them.

I do all the time. My denim skirts go to mid-calf & they're extremely comfortable & cool in warm weather.

You'd think I was a fundie gal - until I opened my mouth, that is.

Yes, I have an above-the-knee one, knee length and a few long ones. I rarely look fundified. It is all about the shoes/boots and accessories.

I only do skirts in VERY hot weather and since it only gets hot around here (90+) maybe 5 days a year, you ain't gonna see me in heavy denim when I have a couple light cotton sundresses as options. My body is now so oddly shaped and my calves so white that I don't bother with shorts; I'd seriously blind people. So about 360 days of the year, I'm in jeans or yoga pants (the joys of being a student) with the occasional event that requires slacks.

When I was a kid, it was fashionable to have the jeans-made-into-long-skirt. My panels were red and yellow (forgive me for the bad taste that skirt evokes...it was THAT ugly...I didn't have much of a mother influence in my life until I was in the 6th grade).

ETA: I'm finally a Robobotkin! It's nice to join the upper (if not quite royal) ranks of fundie snarkables.

I have a grand total of two skirts, neither of them are denim and neither of them fit...

I LOVE denim skirts. I don't usually wear skirts except to church because I worry I'll look too fancy, so if I can' find a good denim skirt, that takes away that worry. Last summer I had a wonderful a-line denim skirt that I would wear two or three days a week, but I lost weight, and it is too big for me now. I recently found a new denim skirt, not as good as the old one, but pretty nice. Usually the ones I like are just below the knee (this is my preferred skirt length of any material), so I might look a little fundie, but since I wear shirts below my collar bone and attend an evil heathen university, I don't worry too much about being mistaken for one.

Yup, it is just below the knee (the shortest skirts I wear). I don't wear it often, though because it is too casual for work, except on Fridays.

I have been wanting to get a long one for a while, but it doesn't make sense right now.

I have a long denim skirt, but I haven't worn it in a long time. I also have a black denim jumper that I don't like to wear because it reminds me of funerals I've gone to. I don't wear skirts or dresses much in general, but when I do I prefer long ones because I can wear them with flats instead of heels. (My feet are so small that I can't fit into high heels.)

I'm wearing one today. The Duggars would approve. It's almost ankle length. I have 3 denim skirts; one knee length black one and two ankle length blue ones.

Although I wear only skirts and dresses, I own no denim skirt. Just don't like it, I prefer softer materials. But if I found a nice one, I would wear it, and denim skirts/jumpers have no connotation of "fundie-uniform" here.

I had a denim mini-skirt, but it no longer fits. I rarely wear skirts anyway; if I do they are long and flowy. In fact one is ankle-length, one is calf-length, one is just below my knees and the last two are just above them. It's more about comfort and flexibility, since my shorts are much shorter. :D I don't feel comfortable in shorter skirts, in fact anything above the knee feels a bit skanky. Oo la la. All of my dresses are knee or calf length.

I don't wear skirts and dresses often; if I do it has to be for a good reason.

I have a denim skirt, it's knee-length. But I find cotton skirts, or wollen skirts in winter more comfortable. There are no Christian fundies where I live, and few Orthodox Jews so I don't make the association so much.

I have a denim panel skirt that comes just below my knee and a lighter one that comes just above. I don't like long skirts, I find them restrictive and uncomfortable. I never see anyone wearing long denim skirts around here anymore.

All the time! But mine are super short mini skirts :lol: When I was little I used to love the long denim skirts in winter (because I hated actual jeans at the time). I stopped wearing them when I started wearing jeans

I have plenty of normal denim skirts, in many shades of blue and many different styles. They are fitted and don't go past my knees. Some have high slits in either the front or the back. It seems like every year I buy a new one based on the current style, which changes subtly from year to year. My weight fluctuates a lot so I basically go shopping every year to find one or two that fit just right, and then make them a staple.

The way I see it, lighter blue is more casual and darker blue is a little more formal, but still not that formal. I usually wear them as an alternative to jeans. I wear jeans too, but I just like to have some variety. I love fitted, shorter denim skirts with opaque tights in the winter. An indigo skirt with black tights is nice enough for most offices where you wouldn't normally need a suit. I don't work in a typical office setting at all so I can't wear any type of skirt no matter how dressy. I would never wear baggy, floor-length denim even if that became trendy somehow.

Archived