IGNORED

Women! Pretend you aren't female

JesusFightClub

...if you want to be taken seriously, that is...

morelikemomma.com/2013/06/14/can-you-be-a-lady-without-being-modest/

Whether you like it or not, the way you dress speaks louder than what is coming of your mouth. You can talk all day long about how you “deserve†to be treated, or how you wish there were more chivalrous gentlemen in the world, but until you change how you dress, you won’t gain their respect.

I'm retro, but the concept was that gentlemen treated ladies respectfully NO MATTER what they were wearing. They didn't do an inventory of what you were wearing first.

It's a load of old bollocks but at least get your ideology straight.

Guys aren’t the only ones who can lose respect for a woman who dresses immodestly. I personally have a really hard time hearing any kind of advice from a woman who dresses for that kind of attention.

I hope you never meet an IRS official wearing a low cut shirt. If you do, I would advise that you listen to what she is saying, even if you are somewhat distracted by her shameless boobies.

If you are unsure about some of the clothing in your closet, please seek some godly counsel. When I was in high school I asked my brother if he thought my choices were modest by asking him if he would want his future wife to wear it in front of other guys. If the answer was no, I threw it out.

My brothers, who actually have functioning human relationships, would answer "Um, I don't know. What?" and if pressed would say "I don't think of you that way and it's a bit mental you even asked. Are you OK?"

It's not like I want to have anything to do with people who judge me for my appearances anyway. Shallow people are boring people.

The problem with people who think like this is that I, personally, don't want to be treated like a "lady". I want to be treated like a human being who has her own brain, thoughts & ideas. I don't want someone to treat me a certain way because of the way I look or dress, I want to be judged on my own merits. This especially holds true in a professional environment where I still have people (who assume I'm the secretary) tell me to get them coffee while they discuss finance with my assistant (who is male). Thankfully over the last decade people like that are becoming fewer but still annoying.

Also my brother would think I've gone off my head if I had ever asked him to judge my clothes for modesty :cray-cray:

It is strange how often fundies and conservatives go against what the founder of their own religion taught. Jesus taught his followers not to judge by outside appearance. He also spoke against making judgements against others.

I'm an atheist but I feel like I follow what Jesus taught far better than most conservative/right wing/fundie Christians.

It is strange how often fundies and conservatives go against what the founder of their own religion taught. Jesus taught his followers not to judge by outside appearance. He also spoke against making judgements against others.

I'm an atheist but I feel like I follow what Jesus taught far better than most conservative/right wing/fundie Christians.

If you want to know what the Bible really says, ask an atheist. We've actually read the thing.

The problem with people who think like this is that I, personally, don't want to be treated like a "lady". I want to be treated like a human being who has her own brain, thoughts & ideas. I don't want someone to treat me a certain way because of the way I look or dress, I want to be judged on my own merits. This especially holds true in a professional environment where I still have people (who assume I'm the secretary) tell me to get them coffee while they discuss finance with my assistant (who is male). Thankfully over the last decade people like that are becoming fewer but still annoying.

Also my brother would think I've gone off my head if I had ever asked him to judge my clothes for modesty :cray-cray:

Amen! I've gone into patient rooms wearing my white coat embroidered with Dr. Docmom, MD, wearing my identification badge which says Docmom, MD which is attached to my white coat by a (required) tag that says "MD" only to have the patient's wife say, "Hon, the nurse is here". Stereotypes persist no what you wear!

I don't have a brother so I asked my husband what he likes me to wear and he said "nothing". Don't think I'll be taking that advice.

If you want to know what the Bible really says, ask an atheist. We've actually read the thing.

Oops, not this atheist... :? I tried to read it a few times, when I was staying in a motel (the only time I encounter them :D ) but by the second or third page I was always laughing too hard at the absurdity to be able to continue...

Oh well, I can't say I miss having had that experience... :nenner:

wouldn't this concept work equally well or even better for the guy to pretend he's not a guy. IE< "When you see a woman, pretend you are a heterosexual woman, who would not be turned on by the clothing the other woman might be wearing."

This reminds me of when I volunteered for the Red Cross and patients on the ward kept mistaking me for a nun and addressing me as "Mother". No matter how carefully I'd introduce myself as a Red Cross volunteer and told them they were welcome to call me "Sister (my real name)" or just plain (my real name), I would invariably get called "Mother" several time a shift.

Hywelis

That's true for me, my brother would wonder if I'm :cray-cray: if I asked him such a thing.

I'm pretty sure that if I asked any of my brothers what they wanted their future wives to wear, they'd say their future wives can wear whatever the fuck they want. It's just common sense.

Archived