IGNORED

Forums like 7XSunday, but busier?

AnnoDomini

Anyone know of super-fundy forums such as 7 X Sunday, but busier? I have a few choice questions I'd like to ask them, appearing to blend in but riling things up.

Guest Anonymous
Anyone know of super-fundy forums such as 7 X Sunday, but busier? I have a few choice questions I'd like to ask them, appearing to blend in but riling things up.

You want someone to recommend you a forum so that you can troll it? :shock:

MEh. I'm not going to slap hands for "trolling" if the purpose is to seem enough like them to actually get to ask them some questions. Otherwise, what Clibby and I did by going to a Maxwell conference and pretending to a be homeschooling Christian mom and a wife to be of similar character would be real life trolling, as would the guy who enrolled at Liberty university and wrote a book about it, etc. Sometimes you have to act like them to be able to actually interact with them and develop an understanding of what they believe and who they are.

I don't think it is trolling really. You're not doing it to piss them off and create problems in the forum, right? It's more of a covert fact-seeking operation.

Guest Anonymous

Going into a forum with the intention of riling things up sounds like the textbook definition of trolling to me. It's a free internet, but I personally think it's bad form. I don't comment on fundie blogs or forums and it annoys me when we get M R As and such here, so I don't go kicking sand in other people's playgrounds. Everyone else's mileage undoubtedly varies.

Rapture Ready is a good one. I don't agree with trolling though; go and join, ask them questions and get them to think, but trolling? No, don't sink to that level.

Rapture Ready is a good one. I don't agree with trolling though; go and join, ask them questions and get them to think, but trolling? No, don't sink to that level.

Trolling at Rapture Ready isn't even a sport, there are so many of them.

Trolling at Rapture Ready isn't even a sport, there are so many of them.

They are pretty quick with the banhammer too, even if you aren't trolling. Just question their beliefs and you're outta there.

Yeah, I joined to ask a genuine question, asked it quite open about my beliefs (saying "I'm not a Christian" is okay in their rules, trying to explain why isn't), and had been banned from posting before the question was even moved to the appropriate sub-forum. I couldn't thank anyone for their responses because I couldn't post :roll:

I don't think it is trolling really. You're not doing it to piss them off and create problems in the forum, right? It's more of a covert fact-seeking operation.

Kinda. I live a fairly fundy lifestyle (not entirely by choice) and I have questions/concerns that secular friends blow off. I'd like some input from those on the other end of the spectrum, and perhaps by combining the two, I can get at a closer truth. Plus I really wouldlike to know what they have to say.

Trolling isn't for me. I just know that my questions WILL make waves. I got kicked off a Christian team on my host website for asking too many (genuine, not trolling) questions (also for having items that reference fictional magic in my shop).

Guest Anonymous

Kinda. I live a fairly fundy lifestyle (not entirely by choice) and I have questions/concerns that secular friends blow off. I'd like some input from those on the other end of the spectrum, and perhaps by combining the two, I can get at a closer truth. Plus I really wouldlike to know what they have to say.

Trolling isn't for me. I just know that my questions WILL make waves. I got kicked off a Christian team on my host website for asking too many (genuine, not trolling) questions (also for having items that reference fictional magic in my shop).

There are people here that are at least as well versed in the Bible as any fundie scholars I have come across, and likely better. There are quite a few of us that grew up fundie and fundie lite, and there are a lot of Christians here. I imagine if you ask your questions and specify who in particular you would like to hear from, you would get a good response. Burris and MamaJuneBug particularly come to mind as far as knowing their scriptures and being Christians. (Not of the fundie variety, but of the actual Christ-like sort.)

If you want a discussion more than you want to stir up trouble, this is a good place to have it. I bet you get more thoughtful answers and you certainly won't be banned for asking questions.

Archived