IGNORED

More "flip flop" stupidity

0 kids n not countin

This is just too gross and stupid imo. Someone needs to knock some common sense into these flip flop wearing fundies! Seriously... :roll: Can't she see the others are wearing boots? :wtf:

postblog+-+45.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god. This is disgusting, not to mention dangerous. :?

I've worked a few jobs were open toed shoes were not allowed due to safety.

I hate flip flops though. I hate the sound they make. I hate how they look.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about Helena and Currawong? :lol:

Seriously, though, I guess she wants to go home with chicken guts all over her feet.

Is this a fundie blogger or just a random picture of an idiot?

Is this a fundie blogger or just a random picture of an idiot?

Both! :lol:

It's one of the Bontrager daughters.

Ewww thats disgusting.

I wonder why fundies like flipflops? Is it a requirement because of Gothard's foot fetish? Is it because its the only part of their body they are allowed to show off and it gets hot in a frumper? Is it because its hard to run in flipflops and if a fundie girl decides to run away her parents can catch her easy and drag her back home to the prayer closet or cage or whatever?

Why are they allowed to do this? We have seen fundie girls/women putting themselves in all sorts of danger with flipflops, like when the Duggar girls were cleaning out that house with all sorts on the floor. Have they never been told "You need to go and put normal shoes on, you could hurt yourself". Surely with parents so controlling, they would at least care more about their kids safety....its like as long as they arent going to dance or listen to rock music or do anything "sinful" it doesnt matter whether they catch something from stepping on a dirty needle, or end up in hospital with a nail through the foot, or break their foot from someone dropping a hammer on it.

I think it's just another manifestation of that famous fundie cheapness. Seriously. When you have to feed and clothe your ever expanding flock of "blessings" it's just easier to hit the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale for all your shoe needs.

Both! :lol:

It's one of the Bontrager daughters.

Bwah!!!

I only wear flip flips around my apartment as slippers. I can't imagine wearing them in public. And to wear them in potentially dangerous environment? Stupid!!!!

They’re always on and on about modesty for the sake of ‘protecting’ their daughters, and yet it’s perfectly okay for one of the girls to work around large quantities of raw meat in sandals.

It’s not gross so much as just stupid. This should go without saying, but she needs closed-toed shoes at a minimum - assuming she values her feet, or the fact she's assumedly free of food-borne diseases at the moment.

I think it's just another manifestation of that famous fundie cheapness. Seriously. When you have to feed and clothe your ever expanding flock of "blessings" it's just easier to hit the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale for all your shoe needs.

^That

I also wonder if open-toe shoes are cooler when you're stuck wearing heavy long skirts in the summer.

My mom told me how her senior year of high school back in the early 1960s all her family could afford was a pair of flip flops for her - she was very unhappy because they weren't what the other girls had. Due to plain old poverty, not religious related. At least she lived in a warm climate.

Bwah!!!

I only wear flip flips around my apartment as slippers. I can't imagine wearing them in public. And to wear them in potentially dangerous environment? Stupid!!!!

For me, flip flops are for the locker room at the gym when I'm using the pool or as shower shoes while camping. The thing I don't like is that they eventually stretch to the point where it's hard to keep them on your feet, let alone the potential safety risks. I think there's a time and place for flip flops, and that there are other times when closed toed shoes are more appropriate.

I wonder why fundies like flipflops? Is it a requirement because of Gothard's foot fetish? Is it because its the only part of their body they are allowed to show off and it gets hot in a frumper? Is it because its hard to run in flipflops and if a fundie girl decides to run away her parents can catch her easy and drag her back home to the prayer closet or cage or whatever?

I had a friend who went to some kind of Gothard camp and she said they weren't allowed to wear anything that showed their toes, actually. She felt like that was one way they took the modesty thing a bit too far.

Back in high school I used to wear flip-flops all the time, even in the winter. A lot of girls did. Now I'll wear them for quick errands if I'm too lazy to put on any other shoes, but that's about it.

In fundies' minds, flipflops are probably the next best thing to women being barefoot, which is one step from the pinnacle of female achievement, being barefoot and pregnant. Or something.

I've worked a few jobs were open toed shoes were not allowed due to safety.

I hate flip flops though. I hate the sound they make. I hate how they look.

I hate the feel of anything between my toes. I find the concept of flipflops as "peasant shoes" as they require no real fitting--theyh are not too tight or too loose, they are just a light padding between your bare foot and the ground. Even real sandals reqire more fitting and giver more protection.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about Helena and Currawong? :lol:

Seriously, though, I guess she wants to go home with chicken guts all over her feet.

I thought it was going to be about Brandy C. :cry:

I think it goes along with the long skirts thing. Tennis shoes and boots look stupid with skirts. I think I'll leave my flip flops behind with my teenage years for the most part, but when I wear a skirt, I'll either wear heels, flip flops, other sandals, or Toms. I can't find much else that doesn't look dorky.

I am a flip flop lover. I buy nice cushiony comfortable ones and wear them whenever I am at home or running errands. I have since I was a kid. I don't like having stuff on my feet if I don't have to. In college I would often wear them even when I needed a winter coat.

That being said, I would never ever EVER wear them to work, hiking, cleaning out an old house, etc. It is unsafe and unhygienic.

My daughter, mid twenties, wears flip flops year round. Even during the winter and in the rain. I don't get it, but she really likes them and has at least two dozen pair. But I would never let her wear them while processing chickens. That is sooooooo gross.

Do birkenstocks count as flip-flops? Because if they do, I am guilty of wearing them all the time.

That being said - there is a time and a place. Wearing flip-flops in a slaughter house (or whatever that place is) is gross and disgusting - not to mention completely unsafe. Certain jobs require wearing appropriate footwear. Flip-flops, while wonderful on the beach or for hanging out, are not appropriate for any job.

Archived