IGNORED

Don't have Sex blow bubbles insead.

doggie

This is so funny it is pathetic. Ok lets not have sex and just burp at each other. makes you wonder what these peopled sex lives are like if burping more fun

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/8827706 ... ternatives

Christian schools say it's hardly surprising they think students should have a burping contest instead of having sex.

Christian Schools Australia CEO Steve O'Doherty says horse riding, eating something new, blowing bubbles and playing ball without the ball are all better options than doing the deed.

They were among a "101 things to do instead of doing it" pamphlet which was recently given to out to students at Caloundra Christian College in Queensland.

Mr O'Doherty is surprised by the media coverage the pamphlet has received.

"Christian schools teach that the safest way of protecting yourself medically and emotionally is to wait until a stable, married relationship," he told AAP.

"It's hardly front-page news that Christians have that perspective."

Mr O'Doherty said that while abstinence was the preferred option for children and teenagers, Christian schools taught a healthy message about sex.

"We teach kids about safe sex, we teach them about the dangers of sexually transmitted diseases and what you need to do protect yourself against them," he said.

"But we tell the full story too - there are emotional dangers in committing yourself to a sexual relationship and the best way to protect yourself medically and emotionally is abstinence."

SOME SUGGESTIONS A QUEENSLAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL GAVE STUDENTS TO DO INSTEAD OF SEX:

*Blow bubbles in the park

*Pretend you're six again

*Look at clouds and see what you can make them into

*Surprise your parents by cleaning the house

*Have a water fight

*Go fruit picking

*Go to Macca's in formals

*Make lunch for the elderly

*Share a drink with two straws

*Visit the RSPCA

*Have a burping contest

Um. The only reason I would "surprise my parents by cleaning the house" as a teen was to hide the fact that I'd had a party/a gentleman caller lol. :dance:

Pretend you are six? What does that mean?

I think that this is making the news because it sounds so immature and silly.

Wait, do 7-year-olds go there? Or why else does that list read as if it was directed towards a pre-tween?

Um. The only reason I would "surprise my parents by cleaning the house" as a teen was to hide the fact that I'd had a party/a gentleman caller lol. :dance:

I am sure they were totally fooled too right??

The problem here is the presumption that teenagers are only choosing to have sex because they're bored. It's wildly out of touch with reality.

The problem here is the presumption that teenagers are only choosing to have sex because they're bored. It's wildly out of touch with reality.

That's a good point.

Now if I see a group of teens blowing bubbles I will know they are horny.

OK, I am about to greatly overshare. You have been warned.

I have had sex after spending an hour in a field picking 10 quarts of strawberries and some lavender. Fruit picking and lavender gathering makes you horny.

I have blown bubbles while having sex. Bubbles make you even hornier.

Used two straws for a drink in bed after great sex? Check

I've had sex, taken a nap, then picked up Grandma's favorite rotisserie chicken before visiting her and sharing a meal. How's that for multitasking?

Whatever is on that list, I promise can be done before, during, or immediately after sex. Except the pretending you were six part. That is just nasty, and a great way to stay single.

I agree with arejeto. All those suggestions make me think "That sounds like it would be really fun...after having sex."

Guest Anonymous

I agree that these things do not stop people from having sex. And fruit picking? "It's summer, it's sunny, we're outside and no-one can see what we're doing between these rows of strawberry bushes..." is a pretty good description of the early days of my sex life.

I am sure they were totally fooled too right??

Honestly? My poor parents. They thought patchouli incense (I fancied myself a hippie) was pot, so I got grounded for that (the incense). However, when I actually DID come home reeking of weed, they thought it was incense so no worries. I also had an unfortunate propensity for a certain powdery substance (haven't touched that crap in 20 years), so I had them convinced it was "normal" for me to stay up all night and they thought I was high on pot (again with the weed!!) when I crashed out (like a normal person). Someday I might tell them the truth ... okay. Maybe not lol. :liar:

I would also like to point out that many of those suggestions are things my friends and I did after smoking a bowl/dropping mushrooms. Blowing bubbles? Acting like you're 6? Belching contest? Yeah. BTW, I may have been a "troubled" youth lol.

Yeah, I suggested that to my husband, but he insisted sex was more fun.

Have a burping contest instead of having sex? This sounds more like a list of things to do on summer vacay when there's jackshit to do.

When my kids are teens I would much rather they had protected sex than went to the RSPCA and brought home a new pet for the household just cause they were bored and looking for a way to redirect hormones.

my college actually had a variation on this pamphlet and a near identical one that was anti drug in the health center. this was an art school, so I'm pretty sure that no one ever took them for any other reason than to have a laugh.

Why do they keep trying to emotionly handicap young adults. Btw my husband also agreed with me that the list sounds tween age than young adult.

Whatever is on that list, I promise can be done before, during, or immediately after sex. Except the pretending you were six part. That is just nasty, and a great way to stay single.

This.

Hmph! Lucky you. :snooty: If only it had been that easy for me. Noooo, I had to live in a small town where everyone knew my disapproving grandma--including all of my neighbours. I couldn't do nothin' without it getting out. :evil:

ETA: What do they mean, "pretend that you're six again" or whatever? That was a really long time ago...I can't remember how to be six. :think:

I was planning to have adult fun with my husband tonight, maybe I should suggest bubbles instead.

Yeah, I can see that going down really well.

My Mother gave me a list similar to this when I was about 18 and with my first boyfriend. IIRC it also had things like "touch each other in special places" on it, so it must have been for older kids.

We both had a good old laugh and then she proceeded to give me sex advice and a good long talk about birth control.

Archived