IGNORED

Fellowship of the Martyrs

bionicmlle

Lisa Ling included this group in her show last season and the same people were on Dr. Phil today. Briefly, this group, led by Doug Perry, is anti-organized religion and he puts out horrific videos on YouTube which include statements that american churches should be destroyed, him ripping his beard out and stating that he prays for the death of all people on earth. They engage in morally compensatory behavior by giving "a million pounds of food a year" to homeless people in the area, saying they ask nothing in return. They believe that God gives verbal messages to people to change spouses and the couple featured on both shows was the same. The man got out of the cult after his wife left him after God "told" her to, he thought she was brainwashed and disappeared in the night with their children in order to keep them safe.

ANYWAY... Rick Ross was on Dr. Phil today and had an interesting exchange with Doug Perry which, of course, got no where. It was so interesting to see the wife of the couple spring to Doug's defense over and over, with so much anger and so convinced she was right. Obviously she had been coached by him and their visual exchanges spoke very loudly. Seeing these cult leaders is chilling and so sad.

HuffPo article with some of the Lisa Ling piece: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... 26489.html

fellowshipofthemartyrs.com

I had it on, but she was so drowned in the koolaid that I had to turn the volume down very low. Dr Phil's is this a cult? You decide was so very stupid.

I tried to watch his videos but he was so boring, and then I realize hes very sneaky. He says "we didnt do this, we didnt do that" and he look like hes lyingggg.

Oh, goody, these guys are based 40 miles from my house, not far from the much bigger International House of Prayer. If you drive 70 miles in a different direction I can be in the Phelps' back yard.

We also had the pharmacist who was watering down chemo treatments to save money so he could meet some huge pledge he made to his church, various murders related to church stuff (divorce is evil, but murder.... hum)

I wonder what is in the water around here.

I watched it as well.

Him ripping his beard out by hands and was like "God heard me about Newtown, I was paying about it for four years."

Turd.

Archived