IGNORED

Amanda Munck had a lovely shower.

Justme

It was at a restaurant with "real" plates and glases. ;) I want that mixer!!! :) I think the wedding is this month. She looks very happy. Not terrified like Liz was at this stage of the game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad she is happy, and has met someone she loves. Hopefully Elizabeth will meet someone who isnt insane one day, if she wants to.

Good for her and I hope she has much happiness.

But please, people behind the camera! Adjust your white balance setting! It's easy! Really. And it will make a world of difference.

The wedding is on the 15th!

It really looks beautiful. Although they are fundies and probably don't know each other extremely well, but Amanda really looks happy, and I think that it's great that they have families like the Muncks behind them.

The post says that it was Ruth Ella and Mary Ann's first shower. Would that mean that Elizabeth didn't have one? If so, that's really sad. I'm glad that she got away, and hope that some day she'll find some other guy whose family doesn't condemn fun. That way she can experience wedding planning the way her sister did instead of the Maxwell way. That being said, I think the only reason I keep up with the blog is because Ruth Ella and Mary Ann are absolutely adorable. I just want to take them home :)

Wasn't it JUST before Elizabeth's shower that she found her "lack of peace" wasn't going away, and she needs to end it?

Is that Elizabeth wearing what looks very much like an engagement ring in the "think wedding" photo?!?

Wasn't it JUST before Elizabeth's shower that she found her "lack of peace" wasn't going away, and she needs to end it?

I think it was like the day or two before, maybe even the day of, but I can't remember. I remember the post the on the Maxwell's blog about the sisters shopping for the shower decor, then Stevus scrubbed the internets.

The wedding is on the 15th!

It really looks beautiful. Although they are fundies and probably don't know each other extremely well, but Amanda really looks happy, and I think that it's great that they have families like the Muncks behind them.

The post says that it was Ruth Ella and Mary Ann's first shower. Would that mean that Elizabeth didn't have one? If so, that's really sad. I'm glad that she got away, and hope that some day she'll find some other guy whose family doesn't condemn fun. That way she can experience wedding planning the way her sister did instead of the Maxwell way. That being said, I think the only reason I keep up with the blog is because Ruth Ella and Mary Ann are absolutely adorable. I just want to take them home :)

Elizabeth called the wedding off the morning of the day of the scheduled shower.

PS: are any photos of her in Maxhell mode still available? I know STeve scurbbed his site. Just wondered if there were any still on the Muncks'. But it's completely idle curiosity and laziness (I could go look, couldn't I?) so no worries.

Elizabeth called the wedding off the morning of the day of the scheduled shower.

PS: are any photos of her in Maxhell mode still available? I know STeve scurbbed his site. Just wondered if there were any still on the Muncks'. But it's completely idle curiosity and laziness (I could go look, couldn't I?) so no worries.

Thanks! I remembered it was really close.

I think the Muncks scubbed their blog as well. Probably at the request of Stevus.

I just took a few minutes to nose around. They really seem like a pretty nifty family except for the longskirts.

Elizabeth turned 20 in March 2012. muncksquiver.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-06-04T23:00:00-04:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

She asked for an adult birthday observance (tee-hee) but the fam couldn't stand it and decorated the tree and gave her lots of presents anyway. I'm guessing that this was somewhere along her Maxhell timeline. Her smile seems less bright, more controlled (except in the snapshot with her mini-me little sister). Already Stevovah and Terified were sucking the joyousness out of her. Good escape, Elizabeth! (the preceding is all speculation, of course)

That actually sounds about right. I was thinking that the shower isn't usually less than a week before the wedding, but since they had a lot of out of town guests, I guess it would make sense. The Muncks scrubbed their blog too, albeit a few months after the Maxwells did. There weren't many photos anyway. I can see why they did it though- that entire time period had to have been painful for Elizabeth to go back to, especially the fact that it was so public. While blog scrubbing is annoying, I can see why she might need to do it to move on.

I think u r right!! They were preparing for the shower & then she changed her mind. I do wonder if she had married into Maxhell would she already be pregnant & possibly not be any where near her family.

I was thinking that the shower isn't usually less than a week before the wedding, but since they had a lot of out of town guests, I guess it would make sense.

I think it's more that the wedding was planned so soon after the engagement. Wasn't it only like two months? You have to give the bride and groom time to make a registry, then give the guests time to purchase gifts, then plan the shower...

Elizabeth REALLY dodged a bullet. Her family is so different than the Maxwells, I'm almost certain she would have been miserable, and since divorce is not an option, she either would have been trapped in a lifetime of that special misery that seems to come so naturally to the Maxwells, or go against everyone in her life and all the values she had been taught, and get a divorce. I can't imagine that the Muncks would be cold enough to allow their daughter to stay in an abusive situation, but I doubt very much that Joseph would have been overtly abusive. The more I think about it, the more relieved I am on her behalf. I hope they all stay far, far away from the Maxwells.

That does look like an engagement ring on Elizabeth's hand.

:pray: Just so long as she's not engaged to Joseph Maxwell again.

From the Munck's blog

This was a intimate family shower,

it gave us time to fellowship and love on Amanda.

on Amanda? That whole sentence just makes me think of some kind of family orgy.

That does look like an engagement ring on Elizabeth's hand.

Where? Where? Link?

I'm hoping it's just a purity ring. They tend to look a lot like engagement rings. I know Michael Bates has one that looks just like an engagement ring. Seems kind of counter-intuitive, how are these eligible young fundie bachelors supposed to scope out prospective brides if they're all wearing rings? Do they have to ask around if she's engaged or still waiting for Prince Charming?

:pray: Just so long as she's not engaged to Joseph Maxwell again.

I doubt Steve would permit it, not even if Jesus himself flew down on his crackermobile to tell him it was destiny. Elizabeth made them look bad! :naughty:

While I always keep their fundie-ness in mind, I like the Muncks - to the extent that I can like fundies. Their beliefs piss me off and their religion makes me angry and confused as hell. But...they treat their blessings as just that, blessings. They're not just notches on god's belt in the corner. They love their kids and give them good lives and honestly want them to be happy and have good lives. Their kids mean the world to them and I think that's obvious (to me, at least). They sincerely love their blessings from their god.

I also think 18/19 is far too young to be married, but as many will attest, it's not always a bad thing. I do know people who got married at that age and are together still 20-30 years later. Not as many as those whose young marriages ended, but they do exist.

I'm glad she got a real shower with her family. Real people showering her with real gifts and real food and real enjoyment as she starts a new phase in life. Her older sister never got as far as her shower - she ran for the hills that morning (?) or close to it. Amanda enjoying her shower at least shows she's more secure in the decision to marry.

I hope she is happy and has a good life. Whatever that may be for her. I admit to anxiously awaiting pictures and blurbs about her wedding. I hold a secret hope that there will be dancing. There will be fun, we know that.

And I hope the Maxwell's see all that is happening in Munck-land and are shriveling with indignation over it. And I really, really hope that Elizabeth knows, every step of the way, that what she smartly walked away from was the best 'sacrifice' she's made to date. Watching her sister enjoy a truly, obviously open and joy filled experience, hopefully reminds her that she deserves more than she almost got and she was absolutely and completely RIGHT in making the decision she did.

I nabbed a screen shot so that I could zoom in more closely on her ring finger, and, yeah, it really, really looks like an engagement ring. There is the raised section in the middle where the diamond is set. I would say that it is definitely a possibility that she is engaged, but would they announce it before the wedding given her history?

Even if it is just a purity ring, which is entirely possible, Elizabeth seems to be much happier than she ever was in the Maxwell photos. Amanda looks very happy too. I hope that she (Amanda) has found someone that truly makes her happy and respects her.

Oooo, Elizabeth engaged maybe again. And no, they probably wouldn't want to steal Amanda's thunder by saying anything about Elizabeth's possible engagement. I guess we'll have to wait after the wedding to know.

And the Muncks seem like a fun-ish fundie family, but I'd be mortified if my mother was pregnant at my own wedding. Just sayin'...

I nabbed a screen shot so that I could zoom in more closely on her ring finger, and, yeah, it really, really looks like an engagement ring. There is the raised section in the middle where the diamond is set. I would say that it is definitely a possibility that she is engaged, but would they announce it before the wedding given her history?

There is a picture of Elisabeth on the blog at Christmas day, where she is holding a book into the camera. The ring she is wearing in that picture looks entirely different from the ring she is wearing at the shower, as far as I can see.

How do purity rings usually look like? Either Elisabeth has two purity rings, or one is an engagement ring (or she could be wearing a ring just for fun - who knows..)

Have they deleted the "engagement ring" photo?

Also, I googled Elisabeth Munck registry and got her and Joseph's old one. Isn't it odd that they didn't delete it?

Archived