IGNORED

Lori Alexander: God's advice is better

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/called-to-be-living-sacrifices.html

After Ryan and Erin had been married only several months, he came to me and quietly said, "Erin is pregnant." I cried. I jumped up and hugged him. I was so excited! Would I have reacted this way if Ryan had told me they were expecting their fourth, fifth, or even sixth child?

Nancy Campbell questioned the wisdom of mothers counseling their daughters to stop having babies after they have two children. ~

When parents speak disparagingly when their daughters are pregnant {again}, they often say these things because they love their daughters and don't want them to have extra work or sleepless nights. They speak out of concern and love. But, in doing so, they miss God's heart. They do it because they do not think God's way. They only see things from a human point of view. Therefore, they are an obstacle in God's eternal plans, and they deprive their daughters of many blessings, not only for this life, but for eternity. What a challenge.

Many people counsel young married couples to wait awhile to have children. Get an education. Get a career. Travel and see the world. Save up money and buy a home. This is what the world says. God says the purpose of marriage is to produce godly offspring. He tells us to be fruitful and multiply.

We must stop thinking and reasoning as the world does and find the heart of God and what He wants. He tells us children are a gift and a blessing. He tells us He is our protector and provider for whom shall we fear. He tells us He will always be with us and never leave us.

Sure childbearing is difficult. There are a lot of risks, sleepless nights, pain, suffering, heartache, and exhaustion. But who said life would be easy? There is also a lot of joy, laughter, and satisfaction in obeying God and living according to His Word instead of the world's wisdom.

We walk the narrow path. We are called to be living sacrifices. Erin is a living sacrifice right now. She is very sick at the beginning of her pregnancies and she isn't that tall so the babies kick her a lot as they are swimming inside of her. When she brought Emma home, however, after a difficult labor, she looked up at Ryan and exclaimed, "I want more!"

Child raising is hard. It takes a lot out of a mother but you are storing your treasures in heaven and whatever God asks you to do, He gives you the power to do it

Lori the concept of marriage predates Christianity, so your God isn't the supreme authority on what marriage is supposed to be about. Not everyone can afford to have kids right away or have a mega families. Not all women are in the best health or situations to be pregnant. I find it disturbing that Lori calls her daughter in law a living sacrifice. I wouldn't be surprised if the daughter-in-law ends up like ZsuZsu later on who complains her pregnancies quite a bit.

ETA: Bonus: Here is the link to the picture of the blogger Lori posted and one of her entries thetexaswalkers.blogspot.com/2013/03/why-i-should-not-have-6-kids-like-my-mom.html

In other news, Lori only had 4 kids because of her health issues. Turns out "be a living sacrifice" is great to give out as advice, but not so great for personal application. :roll:

I am also concerned (as someone mentioned above) about the young women in Lori's life. Lori doesn't wear her hair a certain way (and never will again) because giant baby Ken doesn't like it that way. Lori's daughter got rid of all of her clothes that her husband didn't like. Lori's daughter in law is now a living sacrifice. What is wrong with these women and where the hell are they finding these toddler like men to marry?

In other news, Lori only had 4 kids because of her health issues. Turns out "be a living sacrifice" is great to give out as advice, but not so great for personal application. :roll:

I am also concerned (as someone mentioned above) about the young women in Lori's life. Lori doesn't wear her hair a certain way (and never will again) because giant baby Ken doesn't like it that way. Lori's daughter got rid of all of her clothes that her husband didn't like. Lori's daughter in law is now a living sacrifice. What is wrong with these women and where the hell are they finding these toddler like men to marry?

Does it seem to anyone else that these kinds of marriages bring out the worst in both partners?

Gotta love the phrase "Be fruitful and multiply". Not for nothing, if I have only one child, I've already multiplied. Where exactly in the bible does it say that we must multiply to the tenth power?

I am actually asking since I've never really read it. My mom did make us listen to the bible on tape, but we'd always fall asleep not too far in. I think she played it mostly to get her kids to nap... :P

There's a secret bunker, in the middle of nowhere, where they're being cranked (pun intentional) out.

Be a living sacrifice, I guess, not a dead one. :dance:

I feel sorry for anyone who knows Lori IRL or has become online friends with her because of the blog. I did some research on Lori's son-in-law Jon and his father is a pastor who has written a book. Jon also went to a private Christian college in Arkansas. I think Alyssa had strict criteria when it came to husband finding and she found someone who can from a very similar background. Lori did a posting where she praised Jon's mother for being a servant and she said the same thing about her daughter-in-law Erin's mom. Lori seems to associate mostly with fundie lite types and her relatives are the same way. I can see how and her daughter are married to toddler like men. I wouldn't be surprised if Alyssa's father-in-law is a lot like Ken. Lori's younger unmarried daughter Cassi will end up being married to some sexist fundie lite type. There is no way Lori or Ken would be ok with her marrying a mainstream Christian type who is against submission and is ok with women working outside the home. The unmarried Steven will also marry some fundie lite woman. I've said this before many times, I see some tragedy happening in Lori and Ken's family because of their extremist beliefs.

Storing treasures in heaven? Lori sounds like a fucking fundie Mormon here.

Also, did she ever consider that waiting or limiting child bearing would raise the quality of those Godly blessings for some, since their parents would be able to provide more?

Does it seem to anyone else that these kinds of marriages bring out the worst in both partners?

YES. For some, those bad parts have been just below the surface all along...but it seems like for others, there is just a small dark part of them that is endlessly exponentially expanded by having to live within this ridiculously rigid structure.

When my grandmother announced the impending arrival of her last blessing, who was obviously an accident, my great-grandmother took her and grandpa aside and said "How could you both be so careless?" Four generations of heretic hussies. :nenner:

Gotta love the phrase "Be fruitful and multiply". Not for nothing, if I have only one child, I've already multiplied. Where exactly in the bible does it say that we must multiply to the tenth power?

I am actually asking since I've never really read it. My mom did make us listen to the bible on tape, but we'd always fall asleep not too far in. I think she played it mostly to get her kids to nap... :P

Not to mention that, as far as I'm aware, it was specifically said to Adam & Eve, when they were the only humans on Earth. I think the time for multiplying is past

ETA: Bonus: Here is the link to the picture of the blogger Lori posted and one of her entries thetexaswalkers.blogspot.com/2013/03/why-i-should-not-have-6-kids-like-my-mom.html

I started looking around this blog and I clicked to an entry (that was linked in the article above) about why she became a stay at home mom (thetexaswalkers.blogspot.ca/2013/01/how-i-became-stay-at-home-mom-and.html). Halfway through, she says

Jesse is a wise and Godly man. He helped me see that most of my ambitions were selfish and ungodly.

I know how I would react if someone told me that my ambitions were selfish and ungodly. It wouldn't be pretty.

Nancy Campbell questioned the wisdom of mothers counseling their daughters to stop having babies after they have two children [...] parents speak disparagingly when their daughters are pregnant {again}

I would agree that these things are potentially problematic, but for entirely different reasons. Women constantly face criticism for our reproductive choices, whether it's to have kids or not have them, have one or four, have them at 18 or 38, and when we've put a lot of thought into those decisions we want support from our loved ones, not condemnation.

This is, of course, why Lori is totally wrong saying women should have more babies, because she's doing exactly the same thing as the mothers who criticise their children for having "too many" kids: judging and criticising other people's reproductive choices.

Storing treasures in heaven? Lori sounds like a fucking fundie Mormon here.

It's the words of Jesus. Pretty mainstream.

Also, did she ever consider that waiting or limiting child bearing would raise the quality of those Godly blessings for some, since their parents would be able to provide more?

No no, you cannot serve both God and Mammon. The children need to learn to share and make sacrifices. Character building, don't you know. (no it's no good trying to build character in adults)

There's a direct correlation between family size and standard of living.

I notice a pattern online of these fundy blogger types. Have way more kids than you can afford, because A) god wants you having all these kids, and, B) God certainly doesn't want you working. The next natural step is to start a blog in which you cover yourself in Godly glory for having sufficient "faith" to create a huge family living in poverty, and you can share all your "money saving tips" like feeding your family on generic instant potatoes and Treet.

I can only imagine the response of earlier generations who were offered a safe and effective method of family planning enabling them to avoid EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF LIFE. But no, these people actively pursue it. Bizarre

Archived