IGNORED

Angry Child? Fix Your Marriage!

dairyfreelife

Role reversal creates havoc as well as an angry wife who

refuses to show respect to her husband. Children tune in to

that very quickly and know that's not the way it should be.

Many times when a couple is having trouble with a child in their

home, the starting point is not dealing with the child, but rather

working on the marital relationship.

walkingwithsarah.com/2013/02/when-you-have-angry-child.html

Child is rightfully upset and angry about something? Show your child how to be a doormat. What could possibly go wrong? :roll:

Ok, I'll bite. What's the advice if I have one angry child and one perfectly happy, content, delightful child? What do I need to fix in this case?

Ok, I'll bite. What's the advice if I have one angry child and one perfectly happy, content, delightful child? What do I need to fix in this case?

My eldest daughter went through an angry, sarcastic phase. Now she is over and back to her normal sweet self. In her case, the problem was just part of growing up and entering adolescence. The phase passed. My marriage wasn't the problem.

I do think that a family can have problems that affect the way teenagers especially act; however, sometimes the problem is that the couple remaining together is the worse thing for their child.

I bet there are some angry children out there who are angry in part because their parents' relationship is messed up. So maybe if we take out the crazy submission stuff, there might be half a point here?

My eldest daughter went through an angry, sarcastic phase. Now she is over and back to her normal sweet self. In her case, the problem was just part of growing up and entering adolescence. The phase passed. My marriage wasn't the problem.

I do think that a family can have problems that affect the way teenagers especially act; however, sometimes the problem is that the couple remaining together is the worse thing for their child.

Certainly parents can affect their children's behavior in profound ways, but I think it's a tough sell for this person to point to the parents if the child is angry. Can't a child just be angry? My eldest child is a very intense person, so when he's happy, he's elated, and when he's mad, he's furious. He's been like this since day one. We love him just as he is. :) Somehow, although there is a kernel of truth in it, the fundie cut-and-dried cure-all doesn't work out in the real world.

walkingwithsarah.com/2013/02/when-you-have-angry-child.html

Aside from the fact that this from a fundie, the angry child-crappy marriage thing seems reasonable. But the premise of mariage and spousal roles in fundie marriage is unhealthy and unbalanced, so no doubt there are angry, depressed, anxious children in these families. And I lost my train of thought........ Trying to fix the marriage within their defined spousal roles will not help these kids. As long as the parents are screwed up, so are the kids. This, of course, means the damaging practice of child "discipline" will taken up a notch. :( Those poor kids!

Archived