IGNORED

Random Questions

DefraudedByPlaid

Okay, I'll take the plunge. I have some random questions that aren't really related to each other but represent things I've been wondering since I started majorly lurking a couple of months ago (before the Snark Board was closed to non-members during the resolution of all the leadership issues).

1. What's the basic deal with the Severns? I've seen different things mentioned in passing while reading about other families. They seem to be a bit more laid-back...but are they? I saw a picture of one of them (Rebecca?) dressed as John Calvin's wife at VF's Reformation event, but I also saw that one son (Nathan, I think) married a woman with a nose ring. What's their whole deal?

2. Phillip v. Peter Bradrick: Discuss. (Peter/Kelly are discussed much more often - I can't find much about Phillip/Katie.)

3. Seppis have posted a lot about others' weddings. Who are they themselves? What's their claim to fame? On the one hand, I saw the mom write a post about submission that wasn't quite as absolute as what others say. On the other hand, some of the Southern/Civil War revisionist books advertised are troubling to me.

Sorry for such a long post - maybe I shouldn't be spending so much time trying to edumacate my dainty feminine brains. :-/

3. Seppis have posted a lot about others' weddings. Who are they themselves? What's their claim to fame? On the one hand, I saw the mom write a post about submission that wasn't quite as absolute as what others say. On the other hand, some of the Southern/Civil War revisionist books advertised are troubling to me.

I'm not too good at this, but I *think* the Seppis are the ones that go around trying to talk women out of abortions and saying they will help them if they choose not to abort by doing things like throwing them a baby shower or something weird like that. They also go to a lot of Fundy Royalty type weddings for some reason.

We used to have someone that was a Seppi "fan," but I can't think who it was off the top of my head. I'm sure someone will come along to answer your other questions and tell you what I got wrong ;)

I'm not too good at this, but I *think* the Seppis are the ones that go around trying to talk women out of abortions and saying they will help them if they choose not to abort by doing things like throwing them a baby shower or something weird like that. They also go to a lot of Fundy Royalty type weddings for some reason.

We used to have someone that was a Seppi "fan," but I can't think who it was off the top of my head. I'm sure someone will come along to answer your other questions and tell you what I got wrong ;)

Thanks! That is helpful.

I know I've been here awhile, but who ARE all the members of Doug's interns? I know there's sippy cup, but the rest is just a blur. Does Doug the Tool reconnect with them after they've had their manly romps?

I know I've been here awhile, but who ARE all the members of Doug's interns? I know there's sippy cup, but the rest is just a blur. Does Doug the Tool reconnect with them after they've had their manly romps?

Interns are selected annually. My alter ego applied to be one but was not acknowledged. The application I submitted is currently posted in the LOL doug thread.

Once an intern you always seem to be tied to his royal toolishness, invited back for shenanigans, manly romps, anaconda hunting, and dougie will come to your wedding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Why do fundie women discredit their own head? I have even noticed the term "headless" being used for women who do not have a male authority figure. Do they actually consider themselves intellectually inferior? Or do they think they are too emotional to handle decision-making? I mean, headless... come on... you have a head - use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Are adherents of the ATI/Gothard theology required to put in their wedding vows they will leave the number of children up to God? I'm just curious because this line seems to be uttered almost at all fundie weddings.

• 1 year later...

Archived