IGNORED

Mock Memorial For Woman Who Died From Abortion Complications

NotALoserLikeYou

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... plications

Hiding behind the façade of a “memorial service,” more than 150 anti-abortion crusaders exploited the death of a young woman to advance their hateful agenda. The anti-vigil draws comparison to the Westboro Baptist Church’s notorious funeral picketing. But, whereas the WBC overtly spreads their repulsive message, these anti-choice activists use far more insidious tactics.

“We understand how horrible this situation is,” said Michael Martelli, executive director of the Maryland Coalition for Life. “And really, we can’t imagine what the family is going through. The family is in no way any type of target.”

Dvorak reports that groups associated with the protest, “have also bombarded the neighborhood of the landlord who leases space to the clinic, Todd Stave, with gory, Nazi-themed fliers. And they tracked down the school that Stave’s children attend and picketed the back-to-school nights.”

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news ... mans-death

Jennifer McKenna Morbelli, who was 33 weeks pregnant, died after undergoing an abortion at a cilnic in Germantown, Maryland, on February 3, the Washington Post reported.

Speakers at the rally said Morbelli underwent the procedure after learning of medical problems with her baby.

Morbelli arrived at Germantown Reproductive Health Center on February 3 to start the abortion process. Local pro-life advocates protesting outside saw her every day until yesterday, and described her as appearing “pale and weak.”

By the morning of February 7, she began suffering chest pain and other discomforts, the group informed LifeNews. Her attempts to reach Carhart were unsuccessful. The woman was taken by her family from her hotel to a nearby hospital emergency room at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital at approximately 5:00 a.m. Efforts by hospital staff to contact Carhart or get informational assistance from the abortion clinic were unsuccessful and he did not return a handful of calls.

Morbelli, a full-time substitute teacher at the Church Street School in White Plains, New York, suffered massive internal bleeding into her abdominal cavity. She slipped into a Code Blue condition approximately six times before finally succumbing to her injuries at around 9:30 a.m.

Another article said

Last week, a 29-year-old kindergarten teacher from New York went down to Germantown, Pennsylvania Maryland, to terminate her pregnancy at 33-weeks. She was married and fully enthusiastic about having a baby, according to the Washington Post, which says she had a Pinterest board filled with baby items and a baby registry. But tragically, earlier this month, the woman instead found herself getting a late-term abortion at Germantown’s Women’s Reproductive Center clinic.

:(

Patients can die. Late term abortions is not without its risks and this lady is no different than any other person who had elective surgeries performed on them. Fetal deformity is a legitimate reason to have an abortion depending on the medical situation. I just find it highly exploitative to violate this woman's privacy and to take advantage of this tragic situation. I doubt anyone's mind will be changed by these tactics.

And what the heck were people thinking when they tracked down the landlord's kids's school? Evidently, the preborn lives are so important yet those post-born children's lives and privacy means nothing.

My niece is in the hospital right now, after having had all her babies a number of years ago, decided a therapeutic hysterectomy was needed, and the very same complications arose. She's going to be okay, but it's a really horrible way to be sick, and to die. She ended up in the hospital 5 WEEKS after the actual hysterectomy.

My heart aches for this family. To have this all so public is compounding the loss of their loved ones. This was a wanted pregnancy. Something AWFUL must have happened. Had the laws about abortion not been so stupid, she could have had had this procedure done safely at her local hospital.

My heart aches for this family. To have this all so public is compounding the loss of their loved ones. This was a wanted pregnancy. Something AWFUL must have happened. Had the laws about abortion not been so stupid, she could have had had this procedure done safely at her local hospital.

I'm wondering why she didn't. There must be so much we don't know about this situation. Those who outed her will go to the hot place.

She probably didn't because the local hospital doesn't do them, either because they're illegal in their locality or because the local hospital is catholic or because they've been targeted by violent "pro-lifers" in the past.

That is terribly sad. It's not like the woman went into this lightly. :cry: And those people are absolute scum - leave the kids out of it!!

How dare they intrude on that family's grie. How christain like to go around spewing such hate. How has it become ok to do what they are going?

“We understand how horrible this situation is,†said Michael Martelli, executive director of the Maryland Coalition for Life. “And really, we can’t imagine what the family is going through. The family is in no way any type of target.â€

What disingenuous bullshit. They understand NOTHING, and yet they know very well they are going to at least double the family's grief by their obnoxious parading.

The loss of life of the mother - and her wanted pregnancy! - is in itself a terrible tragedy. I can't imagine having to make a decision like that due to fetal deformity.

But the picketing? I have no words... :shock: Disgusting.

I'm wondering why she didn't. There must be so much we don't know about this situation. Those who outed her will go to the hot place.

I thought there were only a few places where you could have a late term abortion now. And they've banned the safest procedure.

My heart goes out to this woman, and her family and children.

Patients can die. Late term abortions is not without its risks and this lady is no different than any other person who had elective surgeries performed on them. Fetal deformity is a legitimate reason to have an abortion depending on the medical situation. I just find it highly exploitative to violate this woman's privacy and to take advantage of this tragic situation. I doubt anyone's mind will be changed by these tactics.

QFT.

How on earth you think that picketing a person's funeral is going to win you any brownie points for your cause with the general public is beyond me. It's a huge PR fail.

How cruel and just....wrong. Have they decided to take a page from WBC? The Christian love and compassion is nowhere to be seen here and I'm disgusted. Fuck them with a sick D**K.

Archived