IGNORED

TPP (That Placenta Print)

Morton Fan

Ok. I'm normally pretty whatever floats your boat. Sure eat it. Bury it. Even petrify it for eternity. Print it sure. ON THE INTERNET for all to see! No words.

Although I can imagine my Mother strangling me with the umbilical cord if I had asked her to make a potato print of my child's placenta :lol: If I had started to discuss which shade of magenta I would prefer I'm pretty sure she would have had me sectioned.

That's kind of an interesting way to preserve it. I can totally see it in a frame too.

However, I can just the faces of my friends and family as they are like "oh, what's that?" "Oh, it's a placenta print!"

And then no one wants to come over and they discuss it among themselves for ever.

No That Wife. When people talk about how you have two children, they are not talking about T2 and the placenta.

I dont get why people do stuff like that with their placentas, as far as I see it, placentas are just a random bloody thing that comes out with the baby, and the baby is the actual important thing.

So when did she have T2? Boy or girl?

Based on the pink placenta print I'm guessing its a girl but yeah... all I know that she delivered now is a placenta, not the thing that was attached to it!

Yup, she had a girl a week or so ago. T1 is already a neglected memory.

I am with OKTBT, I am down with whatever you want to do, but the overshare of fundies in general baffles me. Firstly, I don't understand the professional photographer at the birth aspect (my dad, a very talented photographer, will probably do pics *after* for us, but not during). I could care less if the morning light is coming in just perfectly as I'm pushing; at that point I'll just want baby to be delivered safely, not worried about whether the light is flattering. Also, I couldn't give a shit about making a potato print with the placenta; we'll be donating the cord blood if we aren't ruled out due to a medical history issue. 'Cause I'd rather help other people in need than glorify my own perfect birth experience .

Oh.My.God. It's one thing to do it yourself. It's another to make mom wrestle your placenta to make a stamp of it. And magenta? Ick. Plant a tree, for god's sake.

That's...less horrifying than I had feared when I opened this thread (I had worried that she was selling prints of a photo of it or something).

I mean, it doesn't gross me out or anything (although sharing it with all the internets is a bit odd). I just don't get it. Is a pink print of some perfectly average body stuff representative of special memories? Is it going to be cherished or cooed over years from now? Is T2 going to gaze upon it with awe? What is this earth thing you call placenta worship?

This sounds like something Helena or Lauren would do.

I'm sure they would, but its quite popular with more middle class crunchy Mummy bloggers as well.

This sounds like something Helena or Lauren would do.

Only if it didn't get in the way of their making a nice fricassee out of it afterwards.

Ew. I admit feeling squicky when I first heard of eating placenta. I don't know about this placenta art. Still, it's not really unsafe to eat one's own placenta so to each their own.....

I agree with others that this was a bit TMI.

Ok maybe it's me living a sheltered existence and my circle of friends and acquaintances are behind the times, but I have never heard of placenta art before.

I thought I was an educated, widely read, fairly knowledgeable person so something completely new to me was quite a surprise.

Then I read the comments on her Instagram and now I've also found out about placental encapsulation.

Yesterday I learned (from Hellena) about dangling umbilical cord sex.

Now I'm worried what other things there are out there that I have no idea about.

Ok maybe it's me living a sheltered existence and my circle of friends and acquaintances are behind the times, but I have never heard of placenta art before.

I thought I was an educated, widely read, fairly knowledgeable person so something completely new to me was quite a surprise.

Then I read the comments on her Instagram and now I've also found out about placental encapsulation.

Yesterday I learned (from Hellena) about dangling umbilical cord sex.

Now I'm worried what other things there are out there that I have no idea about.

WTF?!!!??? I can NEVER unread this. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also, I couldn't give a shit about making a potato print with the placenta; we'll be donating the cord blood if we aren't ruled out due to a medical history issue. 'Cause I'd rather help other people in need than glorify my own perfect birth experience .

Yea for cord blood donation! The hospital where LittleBabyNothing was born has a partnership with a public cord blood bank, and I was so, so happy that we were able to donate the cord blood.

We took a picture of DD1s placenta but only because it had a true knot and the OB was amazed she didn't have any decels during delivery. It was never meant for public consumption and I have no desire to immortalize it in print. I think the only souvenir I need of any of my births is my children. I wonder if she does the same thing with appendices or gallbladders or nasal secretions...

WELL ..I just did a google image search for 'placenta art' as you do. Hey..I actually google image searched 'Freebirthing chicken' which is how I found my avatar.

Anyway ThatWoman is doing it all wrong, talk about lack of imagination. This is what she should be aiming for..

29aqm9u.jpg

WELL ..I just did a google image search for 'placenta art' as you do. Hey..I actually google image searched 'Freebirthing chicken' which is how I found my avatar.

Anyway ThatWoman is doing it all wrong, talk about lack of imagination. This is what she should be aiming for..

29aqm9u.jpg

My mom really doesn't love me THIS much.

29aqm9u.jpg

I've seen that before on Regretsy I believe. :o It never loses the abilty give me that weird creepy feeling. If you wouldn't make a teddy bear out of a hunk of ground meat why out of a placenta. *shudder*

Archived