IGNORED

Harlotry in the Church

mostlylurk

Hadassah, who blogs at aprayerfullife.com, recently started a new website: harlotryinthechurch.com.

Her blog goes way back to 2007, when her first (well, not really her first - she's got an adult daughter from previous sin) child was born, and it's sad to see her get less and less happy as she adds a child a year for the next 4 years and then twins in 2012. Her dresses get more and more shapeless - the Maxwell frumpers probably aren't modest enough for her. Her husband also gets crazier looking.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hadassah, who blogs at aprayerfullife.com, recently started a new website: harlotryinthechurch.com.

Her blog goes way back to 2007, when her first (well, not really her first - she's got an adult daughter from previous sin) child was born, and it's sad to see her get less and less happy as she adds a child a year for the next 4 years and then twins in 2012. Her dresses get more and more shapeless - the Maxwell frumpers probably aren't modest enough for her. Her husband also gets crazier looking.

aprayerfulife.com

harlotryinthechurch.com

-That is how you break links.

I'd heard about the "faux jew"-thing, but these people seem to be some kind of "faux amish"?

I do like the simplicity of their house though, the white-washed walls with the wood furniture is so calming and beautiful in my eyes.

O_O I was so naive, I didn't imagine something like that. A prayerful life and Harlotry in the church are the "fundiest" blogs/sites I've ever seen. That's far beyond the Duggars. They make me very uncomfortable :roll:

Let the hating on women begin...

I have seen them for the first time and I didn't read through the whole blog, so does anybody know how they can afford to buy such a nice house? What do they do for a living? They seem to grow a lot of their own food and don't spend much money on clothes, but in one post she was talking about Himalayan Salt, which-at least in Germany- is damn expensive. And what does her daughter do? She mentions a visit, so she is no SAHD. I wonder what she is thinking about this whole transition.

Also: Is she no-breast-feeding-for fertility candidate? Cause I noticed that the twins are bottle-feed and I just found this gem from October 2011:

We have a 7 week old and another baby on the way. We are so excited! I had signs of fertility at 4 1/2 weeks postpartum and shared this with my husband. We usually do things really safe and wait until 6 weeks postpartum but… I really didn’t think the Lord would bless so soon but He did. The beautiful thing is that 4 days ago I had a faint feeling that someone was missing. Usually I have a very strong feeling that someone is missing and that someone is a baby who isn’t born yet.
:doh:

It amazes me how a women like her and Zsu, who are definitely the more educated, clever, non-prarie-muffin type, are attracted by this lifestyle. I mean, I understand when people downsize to farming and a simple life, but the whole hating on feminism crap? Don't get it.

She wrote that her daughter Elizabeth was reading one book every two months. I don't have kids, but that doesn't seem like much reading to me. Why would it take two months to read a kid's story book? We're not talking about her reading The Corrections, for pete's sake.

What a friendly little photo of a quaint little church freakin' bursting into flames! Honestly, I'll try to read it again for critical purposes, but on the first try I didn't get too far past the Jack the Ripper talk and the hateful monologue on how modern women dress. At least she's upfront about her beliefs, I guess, but she really freaks me out right off the bat.

Edited: Crappy pre-coffee typing.

The first place to start with making the church body clean is within the church. Let’s go to the book of Ezra. Ezra prayed and wept before God that they had trespassed against God by taking strange wives. Shechaniah responded by proclaiming that there was hope in Israel despite the condition of the church and then further proclaimed, “Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God: and let it be done according to the law (Ezra 10:3). Here, men knew in their hearts that they had married women that God was not pleased with and they put away (divorced) their wives and children.

So God told them to essentially be deadbeat dads?

The next place we need to go is to the door. When a woman approaches the church door in attire that is inappropriate, an older gentle woman should pull her aside and share with her in kindness and love that she is more than welcome to attend the service the following week if she would dress appropriately and modestly for church. She should ask the woman if she would like a visit from her or one of the other ladies in the church to talk about Christ and to see if she needs help with her attire. She may offer the woman a dress or outfit from the churches clothing bank if needed

Um, yeah. If someone did this to me I would not be attending that church again. How completely arrogant, rude, and judgemental.

Finally, women cannot help other women without the support, commands and direction from the men

I beg to differ...... :roll:

ETA:

Further, it will produce a beautiful outcome and that is that women will go back to their proper God fearing place of shamefacedness. Shamefacedness in Hebrew means “bashfulness with a reverence towards men.â€

WTF?

really now......

How odd, because I've worn a fairly short dress (with leggings underneath) and Dr Martens boots to church a lot, and my priest has never asked me to put some modest clothes on (assuming my outfit doesn't match Hadassah's frumper standards).

Anyone else spot the fundie logic fail in her post first she says women have followed men into sin because men enjoy seeing immodestly dressed women in church, then she turns around and says men all over are begging women in the church to dress modestly. Also her husband sounds like a real slimball with his "If she's showing then she's selling." comment. Does he really believe that most women are prostitutes based solely on how they dress? Scary to think some people still buy into such knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing going backwards on the evolutionary scale thinking.

So, the whole harlotry in the church concept of women dressing to sexy in church is her obsession.

Is her husband having an affair at church?

Wait, it's an entire blog devoted to shaming women and girls and telling them they should feel responsible for everyone else's sin? That's her entire ministry? She bought a domain name for this?

If that's the speck she sees in other women's eyes, what's the beam in hers?

Wow. I read some of her original blog, and while its got your standard Jesus lovin', frumper wearin', raw milk drinkin', vegetable growin', too many kids to count thing happening, I didn't expect quite so much garbage on that new site. That's a lot more disgusting hate than I was expecting- guess ill never learn.

I try to hold my babies each morning for a while while everybody is eating. I don’t get much time with them and it’s hard on me. I try to steal 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there with them as much as possible throughout the day. Lately, it’s been hard because Miriam usually goes to her father so I can take care of the twins. She is vying for all of my attention now that daddy is in the hospital. Anyways, I love holding two babies, it is the most wonderful and natural thing for a mother to feel.

from her 11/25 post (entitled Grandma)

How sad to have to "steal" time to hold your babies--maybe it should clue her in to NOT have more children. In addition, she has a picture on a later post of both babies with bottles propped up to feed...this makes me sick (maybe it's a personal thing, but not holding babies that can't hold their own bottles, to me, is just awful).

Close your legs, get cable...something! But if you are admitting that you don't have time for your children then enought already!

I was just looking at the pictures and noticed a baby that must have just done a face-plant behind a chair while his mom is busy taking a bigger sister's picture. His head looks like it is under a table. I hope he was able to get up. It is the last one on 1/14/2013- pretty little bonnets. Pick up the baby! Stop with the pictures of the girl in the bonnet!

So, the whole harlotry in the church concept of women dressing to sexy in church is her obsession.

Is her husband having an affair at church?

According to her her husband doesn't even lust:

One of the common misconceptions (actually, lie from the devil), is that all men lust. I can tell you one who doesn’t and he resides in my home with me. He is my husband.

She seems like a very gentle person on her blog. Its all about farm life, her kids,and making food. She doesnt mention biblical subjects or church or God really. She does have depression issues:

I had a tragedy occur nearly 9 years ago. It isn’t only “what†happened to me that’s so horrible, it’s “how†it happened. Part of it was being misunderstood about my beliefs. I can tell you that some years ago when I used to read the news on the internet that I read that this same thing happened to another woman. While her mother and sister were driving home, she quietly opened the van door and jumped out onto the highway, killing herself. I cried for days as I understood her loss and depth of pain. I know “what†happened to her, though I don’t know “how†and even she couldn’t bear the pain.

I share this after many years of blogging because though we have a beautiful life, I am in a deep sense of mourning and pain, day after day. Some could say that I have such a beautiful family and I should not be in despair.

I desperately want our children to be raised with a mother who is full of joy, but this sorrow and pain presses me daily. My hope is bleak, my days are dark, my heart is heavy. Time does not do anything for it..

In her about me section she says her and her husband have 7 kids and she does not mention her older daughter. She only mentions her oldest daughter once when saying she came out to help during the dads surgery. I dont know what religion they are but google shows the dads family as being catholic and he used to work for a Catholic school. He is retired and farms now. He read Steve Maxwells book about raising sons to support a family with one income.

Also: Is she no-breast-feeding-for fertility candidate? Cause I noticed that the twins are bottle-feed.

She mentioned once (as I read her whole blog today :oops: ) that she was going to nurse her son. But I dont think she nurses for long because all the other pics show her kids being bottle fed and she wants to have as many kids as possible. She also has had csections and vaginal births and gets epidurals.

The dad wrote a book of poetry and a book about his struggles

radaris.com/~Matthew-Geraci/161961606

web.archive.org/web/20080509190214/http://matthewgeraci.com/index.html

Matthew Geraci was born in Southern California. As a child, he always knew something was wrong. He wore a smile though he was never happy. Growing up as a teenager was a living hell. He ran from everything though he escaped from nothing. God had sent a thousand angels and he had replied, "No" a thousand times. Beatings, molestations, drugs, alcohol, and mental wards.

He was a dead man who survived until the day he spiritually died when a car hit him going over one hundred miles per hour. Then Jesus Christ Showed Up. To this day, He does not survive, He lives. He is a content, happy child of Jesus now living in Washington State, sharing the peace and love of Jesus Christ.

I wish I knew Hadassahs real name.

I think Hadassah was the original name of Queen Esther.

So maybe that's her being tricky.....My name is Esther, but on the internet I shall be known as Hadassah.?

When I read the thread title I immediately thought of yarnharlot.com aka as Stephanie McPhee!

That wall of text is plain nasty and it seems to come from a very dark place. Doug the tool, the Maxwells and Jim Boob look like a barrel of laughs in comparison.

i've been in the hospital since christmas day- 8 more days to go!- and my computer has been my best friend. i can lie around sucking up the drugs and free wifi while someone brings me my meals.

i was reading her prayerful life blog, but the filter the hospital has in place stopped me at july 2009, due to offensive content. now i'm really interested to see what's going on!

i am totally coveting her house too.

i've been in the hospital since christmas day- 8 more days to go!- and my computer has been my best friend. i can lie around sucking up the drugs and free wifi while someone brings me my meals.

i was reading her prayerful life blog, but the filter the hospital has in place stopped me at july 2009, due to offensive content. now i'm really interested to see what's going on!

i am totally coveting her house too.

Just had a wee look blisterine and I do not see anything offensive, chickens, kids etc. The guy's beard is a bit 'The Twits' but hardly offensive :lol:

Be well!

Archived