IGNORED

North Florida fundies?

Rita

[Hi, so happy to be here! Love the dining room school! Start my education!]

I know of the Wallers and a few others in Central Florida, but do yall know about people closer to the Georgia border? Without the grid (and thus air conditioning), how do they (and desert fundies) survive?

Thank you! (Bravest thing I've done all day, and thanks, TestAdmin for the double dog dare!)

The Morton and Sanders clans (see blog list) are Vision Forum fundies who live in rural Georgia and Alabama respectively. The Sanders run a farm in Alabama, and Noah Sanders just wrote a book about Christian farming.

bornagaindirt.com/author/

I know of the Wallers and a few others in Central Florida, but do yall know about people closer to the Georgia border? Without the grid (and thus air conditioning), how do they (and desert fundies) survive?

Thank you! (Bravest thing I've done all day, and thanks, TestAdmin for the double dog dare!)

Yay, I knew someone would take the dare :) Now that you've started posting you have to continue (it's a rule!) ;)

I was going to give you a gold star, but I didn't have one, so I give you a dancing ferret instead :dance:

post-132-14451996022826_thumb.jpg

Curious, I am so charmed. Thank you, everybody (I recognize your names! So neat!)! Thank you, again,I'll look them up tomorrow, and good night.

Most of the fundies that we talk about don't live off the grid (probably because we talk about those who blog, etc, so the ones off the grid we just don't know about). So I would assume that they have AC (most houses in the south do, even slightly older ones)

I believe that the Kellers (Anna Duggar's family) live in northern Florida, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Once, on a family vacation, we stopped in Lake City, Florida, which is near the Georgia border. It was late, so we just checked in and went to bed. We needed breakfast and went to this mom and pop place across the street from the motel. All over the walls were posters about being Christian and loving Jesus or scripture (it's been over 10 years, so I don't remember exactly, but they were definitely Christian). The gift shop attached sold weapons (probably ammunition, too), including, IIRC, brass knuckles. The posters involved more Jesus, but with the clear message that Jesus wants us to be armed to the teeth. It really gave us the creeps.

I was literally just thinking about this. I grew up in south Florida and was involved in 4h. Every summer we had state conventions and there was usually a pretty large contingent of really strange, socially awkward kids. We eventually figured out that they were home schooled and very religious, and all from the northern part of the state. So, yeah, they do exist. I don't remember any of their names, but in the 15 years since I've been involved with all that it wouldn't surprise me if some were trying to make names for themselves by blogging.

• 1 month later...
Your topic made me think...has anyone ever made a fundie map? It would be a cool way to follow one's "locals"...

I mentioned something like this in the snark forum a while back, but I do not think anything became of it. I think it would be fun to follow local fundies and fundie churches.

Archived