IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

As I said in my introduction, I came here by way of another snark forum where some fundies were being snarked on. I really wanted to see other perspectives and such on them so I registered! I had to wait a bit as it was when registration was closed, but I was finally able to register and have been quietly reading ever since.

My first post. I came here this week after reading posts on FB about what horrible people are on this site. I've been reading my brains out here since being accepted as a member. So far, this seems like a remarkably reasonable, intelligent community. I look forward to getting to know you all more, and letting you all know me, too.

I came here this week after reading posts on FB about what horrible people are on this site.

Me, too! Much to my surprise, I did not find copious amounts of horribleness here :shhh:

I have been on SFL for a while (under a different user name) as well as various other ex-quiverfull blogs on an occasional basis; quiverfull is not quite my background, but only because my mother was Done. With. Kids by the time quiverfull infected my church. We homeschooled and followed Gothard and then SGM-ish teachings throughout my adolescence until I escaped fundiestan.

The whole RR drama has truly hurt me, even though I do not know the author nor did I participate in her blog beyond reading it and having increasingly suspicious vibes about it. It just grieves me that she has done so much collateral damage to other (ex-fundie) people and their stories through her deceit. So I came here to talk about it and explore some new ideas. Thank you for having me. I will try to behave myself :)

We're a homeschooling family who follows more of the classical model of schooling and I ran into a lot of fundies, both in real life and online. I'm not sure exactly how I stumbled across FJ, but it saved me from the fundie life. Seriously. I was actually suckered in by some of their perfect joyful lives and figured that was better than what I had. After reading FJ, I got a more balanced approach to those things. So thanks!

I have found myself getting taken in by fundie, mormon, and catholic Mommy bloggers. I was googling about a favorite blogger and saw a link to this site.

I lurked here for quite a while before registering. Found this site via mention of it on SunshineMary's blog, a place where I often lurk for the lulz, but do come out of hiding every now and then to toss a little snark their way cuz it's fun to watch the hostess and her harem get all frothy.

Gregg and Dede, FTW. However, their current situation, with her young son, sleeping in the car with those two crazies, has me sick to my stonach.

Google + curiosity about the Dugars led me to TWoP, which led me to the old defunct FJ Yuku board, which led me here. I was content to lurk but registered properly to get my fix of snark while that forum was invisible to guests. The RR kerfluffle was what finally delurkified me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing a search online hoping that Michelle Duggar was not expecting again and a Free Jinger post popped up. I was very happy to see that I was not the only one hoping they would stop having babies before she died in the delivery room and left Jim Bob with a pile of kids.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember years ago looking online to see if there were any interviews with the Duggar daughters (I think this was around when they were already in their regular TLC show instead of just the specials). I figured any interviews with them would probably be very watered down and censored but I was interested in learning more about them. FreeJinger came up as a result and I was pleased to find that other people weren't as in love with the Duggars as media was making it out to be. (I mean, is anyone really thrilled that the Duggars get on national news to announce a new pregnancy - every time??) I remember the huge thread on TWOP but felt overwhelmed trying to follow it all. FreeJinger has been much more accessible to me. I've liked following the threads on David and Priscilla (oh god) and the Bates family, seeing the "fringe" families I guess instead of just the Duggars. I hadn't been on the boards in quite some time due to moving and settling into life in a new state, but after seeing that Jessa is courting, I got sucked in again.

I'm sure I have posted this before, but I'm going to post it again, because maybe someone else has found the blogger I was looking for! I found Free Jinger while doing an Internet search for my all time favourite blogger Molly Ally now Molly Davis who used to write at Adventures in Mercy. My guess is that after she stopped blogging and divorced her abusive husband she ploughed on with her degree, got a great career and is living life to the full, but I'd love to have this confirmed!

That's what brought me here, and I mostly lurk and read occasionally, I even watched an episode or two of The Duggars to see what all the fuss was about....

A friend of mine, and former fundie, suggested that I'd like it here since we both find so much joy at scornfully deriding the helplessly deluded and indoctrinated. Personally I never had head of the Druggar's until I posted an amusing meme recently on my FB page stating that "Your vagina isn't a clown car, lady", that happened to feature the entire sad clan on it and she told me who it was.

From memory, It was some Google searching after watching Big Love a couple of years ago out of morbid curiosity. It bought up some blogs I can no longer remember and the old FreeJinger. I lurked for a while and went on my merry way, but now with more Fundie shows on TV and crazy blogs I found my way back and after reading the epic journey's of RR, ExGay and Dede, Josh Duggar and The Sparkling Adventures I thought it was time to sign up and finally become part of this awesome little corner of the interwebs. :)

I found my way here after seeing this place mentioned on a post on celebrity gossip blog Oh No They Didn't. I've been very fascinated with both the Duggar and Brown family after seeing a few episodes of each show. I've also lurked TWOP pretty regularly for the past year. Even the makeup board I used to visit (makeupalley) kept up with Kristina's Kreations (or as they called her, "6 inch girl"). I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to get rid of my lurker status and join the conversation! Its great so see so many people that have the same interest and fascination in these folks as I do! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another TWoP refugee(I'm still there, but restrict myself mainly to the Commercials and MLB subforums)who got tired of the draconian modding and locking of the Duggar thread, though I admittedly also lost interest after the Jubilee situation. I recently found my way back here and am doing some major catching up.

I came here after seeing posters from 19 KAC forum at TLC mention it. I registered at their site, but all of my posts were rejected, so I figured I would be more welcome here.

I found my way here after seeing this place mentioned on a post on celebrity gossip blog Oh No They Didn't. I've been very fascinated with both the Duggar and Brown family after seeing a few episodes of each show. I've also lurked TWOP pretty regularly for the past year. Even the makeup board I used to visit (makeupalley) kept up with Kristina's Kreations (or as they called her, "6 inch girl"). I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to get rid of my lurker status and join the conversation! Its great so see so many people that have the same interest and fascination in these folks as I do! :)

I had no idea that other places talked about her! I wonder if she realized that it wasn't just us that thought her 6 inch rule and Arby's engagement was crazy weird. :lol:

I've followed the 'Sparkling One' since the 'neutral event' in her daughter's lives. I popped her name into google the other day and FJ can up! Been lurking for a few weeks now...and thought it was high time I joined.

I've followed the 'Sparkling One' since the 'neutral event' in her daughter's lives. I popped her name into google the other day and FJ can up! Been lurking for a few weeks now...and thought it was high time I joined.

Lauren drives me nuts! Welcome to the discussion.

I looked for a forum about 19kac about the Duggars because I wondered if anyone else noticed how enslaved the 4 oldest daughters were. I found twop and someone on it mentioned FreeJinger. I checked it out and discovered a whole online community that noticed it too and offered lots of opportunities to snark. When FJ closed to non members earlier this year I decided to join up.

Same here. I'd been following her blog with a fury since before the son was born. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'd love to live a simpler lifestyle and travel, but not like she does. Yikes. Those poor kids. Anyway, found FJ searching for trial info (which I never found) lurked awhile, and finally joined.

Woooohooo! :dance: First post!

Found FJ by Googling various permutations of the Duggars:

duggars crazy

duggar 20th

duggar abusive

duggar slaves

...but that was years ago. Literally, lurking since yuku!

I finally joined after realizing that my lifestyle probably qualifies as fundie...perhaps I can provide some more cannon fodder :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My fundie-lite SIL was always going on about how amazing and blessed and perfect the Duggars were. From what little I'd seen of their show, they gave me the creeps. So I decided to check them out and find out what their damage was. Found Twop, and found FJ through that. I've been lurking off and on since then.