IGNORED

Bates Family March for Life Post

GeoBQn

Not sure how this one slipped by. Yes, they make totally inappropriate comparisons to the fight for civil rights. Yes, they link to Holocaust exploitation film 180.

blog.thebatesfamily.com/2013/01/25/national-march-for-life-day/

How the flying fuck is the March of Life any similar to the civil rights?! Why are these dumbasses comparing this abortion thing to the Holocaust and the civil rights movement?! It's not the fucking same!

I swear, the stupidity is giving me 3rd degree burns.

I posted my standard comment linking to the ADL's condemnation of 180. I doubt they will post it, but I can't let shit like that go by unanswered.

This is coming from the family with the infamous pictures on the "Flag Room". I'm not sure if "Civil Rights" as we know it is taught in the SOTDRT.

To bad the Bates and Duggars of the world don't spend their time fighting for better healthcare, education, and access to food/shelter for children. That might actually lower the abortion rate.

Urgh don't get me started on how disgusting it is to compare abortion to the Holocaust! Also when will these morons realise that banning abortion would NEVER solve the problem?! This is another one of those moments when I realise just how dangerous the beliefs of the Bateses, Duggars etc are. While I personally don't think I could ever have an abortion (I really hope I wouldn't be in a position where I'd be considering it) I would never tell another woman what do to with her body. Lurking on FJ actually helped me realise this. I respect their rights to make their own choices about their life and their body, as should the anti-choicers. It reminds me of one of the slogans used in a pro-life counter protest in Canada last year, which was something along the lines of: "If you can't trust me with a choice, why would you trust me with a child?" Sorry, rant over!

Urgh don't get me started on how disgusting it is to compare abortion to the Holocaust! Also when will these morons realise that banning abortion would NEVER solve the problem?! This is another one of those moments when I realise just how dangerous the beliefs of the Bateses, Duggars etc are. While I personally don't think I could ever have an abortion (I really hope I wouldn't be in a position where I'd be considering it) I would never tell another woman what do to with her body. Lurking on FJ actually helped me realise this. I respect their rights to make their own choices about their life and their body, as should the anti-choicers. It reminds me of one of the slogans used in a pro-life counter protest in Canada last year, which was something along the lines of: "If you can't trust me with a choice, why would you trust me with a child?" Sorry, rant over!

:clap: Well said!

The thing that anti-choicers fail to realize is that even if abortion were made illegal tomorrow, it would still happen! Do they really think that abortion only happened after Roe vs. Wade? No, abortions will always happen, it's just that if it were illegal, it wouldn't be nearly as safe and more women would die just trying to get one. This further emphasizes how they don't care about the woman, just the fetus, and only while in utero. Once that baby is born, they don't want to offer anything helpful to the woman or her child. Comparing what Martin Luther King, Jr. said about RACE to your anti-choice argument is low, there's not a thing that is similar. I have the feeling that if these fundies were around during the Civil Rights Movement (some of them were!), they wouldn't be crusading for the rights of people of color the way they are for insentient fetuses.

And we're using children as political props. For protesting an issue that they really can't understand the complexities of. Again.

Apparently children are blessings,arrows, flowers, and warm bodies to increase protest numbers. Lovely.

Archived