IGNORED

Ken Alexander(Lori's husband) scolds reader about submitting

How can she stand this guy?

A reader wrote in to Lori's blog. She said she didn't trust her husband's motives, but obeyed him anyway with apprehension

Then I hunched my shoulders in apprehension and obeyed my husband.

Then Ken sticks his two cents in. Apparently, even hunched shoulders is bad (though I don't see a Biblical reference). He wants her to submit more happily. Who is he to give her advice anway?

Continue to trust God, and in turn your man, with enthusiasm and without hunched shoulders,

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/ ... -container

It just irked me that this orthodontist dude thinks he can give spiritual advice to lowly women, and that a woman isn't even able to express any feelings of negativity about her husband's decisions

All I have to say to this is :evil:

Seriously, how can you expect someone to suppress their own feelings that much, and for so long. These people just want to always find something new to criticise other people (mostly women) for.

I often notice the "Take care of your husband before yourself" attitude and would like to point out that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else.

I knew one lady who tried that submission thing once. Her husband went "WTF is wrong with you??"

Yeah... I think the women who actually suppress themselves that way are NUTS. I couldn't do it. I mean, I put a LOT into my marriage and being a mother. But I know at the end of the day... that I can't forget about myself. When a woman lets herself go in that way... suppresses all her emotions and gives her husband and children EVERYTHING, they will eventually go insane. I've seen it happen! And when they snap, it just isn't pretty. Much better to take care of yourself to begin with.

Archived