IGNORED

Reject the thoughts that he's hurt you

dairyfreelife

"I can never forgive him for how he's hurt me!"

Reject or Admit?

We would reject that thought because of Ephesians 4:32 - And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

"I've had it! I'm not going to let him hurt me anymore! I deserve better! I'm out of here!"

Obviously, we would reject that thought based on many passages. Let's start with Colossians 3:12-13 - Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

Furthermore, we have the words of Jesus in Matthew 19:6-7 - And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' "and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?" So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

yestheyareallours.com/2013/01/marriage-monday-loving-your-husband-in_28.html

No no no no no no no!

If your partner does something like abuse you or cheat on you, its a good thing if you break up.

Staying in a relationship where the both of you are arguing all the time or hate eachother is a bad thing, its not healthy for either of you or any children you may have together.

People break up. Its not always a bad thing, sometimes its for the best.

No no no no no no no!

If your partner does something like abuse you or cheat on you, its a good thing if you break up.

Staying in a relationship where the both of you are arguing all the time or hate eachother is a bad thing, its not healthy for either of you or any children you may have together.

People break up. Its not always a bad thing, sometimes its for the best.

Agree but I think their r Fundie women who stay w/ abusive husbands because they may not have a place to go.

As a DV survivor, these kinds of posts make me sick to my stomach. THE LAST thing a women in a bad situation needs to hear is that she should try harder.

My ex-boyfriend tried to abuse me and I got out of there. In some cases rejection and leaving are the safest thing a person can do.

If you kick their ass to the curb be sure to kick well so they cannot bounce back.

Agree but I think their r Fundie women who stay w/ abusive husbands because they may not have a place to go.[/quote]

Which is why, I think, there is the undercurrent of not educating girls/women, of not allowing/encouraging any work experience and of the many children.

Lots of kids, no income and no way to get an income builds quite a cage.

no, No, NO! This advise is horrible. Abuse is never acceptable - and there is nothing wrong with leaving. Go to a woman's shelter and get help. There are far too many sad examples of women who stayed with their abusers.

As a DV survivor, these kinds of posts make me sick to my stomach. THE LAST thing a women in a bad situation needs to hear is that she should try harder.

This. One reason I'm a DV survivor is that I refused to be a victim, and I decided that divorce and getting a restraining order was the best thing for me. I also avoided bringing in children to continue the cycle of abuse, as spousal abusers are just as likely to abuse the children, or at least, it teaches children that abuse is normal in a relationship/marriage. There are too many sad cases of what can happen if someone stays in a bad situation, such as the abuser murdering the victim or the victim snapping and killing the abuser in self-defense.

Archived