IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Blog

StarrieEyedKat

Guest Anonymous
Renee seems rather fundie to me.

She seems like a right barrel of laughs and her prayer sounds just the thing to help bring her nieces to safety. :?

Dear Lord, Thank you for sharing my heartache. I pray you will bring fruitfulness out of this place of desolation. Help me not to dwell on all the negatives I see. Help me not to be a party to dissention and strife. I know I must surrender every aspect of my loved one’s life to you. Forgive me for the wrong things I’ve said or done that only added to the problem. Give me your strength to help me change from feeling helpless to believing you are able and willing to intervene in ______’s life. Show me how to extend love and forgiveness to ______ and pray more effectively. Lord, give me the ability to communicate your love to ______ no matter what the circumstances may be. I forgive ______ for hurting me and disappointing me; please help me to love _______ with your love and to walk in continual forgiveness. Please send people into _______’s life who will have a positive influence on him/her. Keep _______ from discouragement and depression. Give my loved one peace despite circumstances. Please help me to relinquish ______ completely into your hands. So often I rehearse in my mind all the sordid details of how bad the situation is. Help me let go and give my loved one to you unreservedly. I know I can trust you to bring back ______ in your way and in your time and through whatever circumstances you see fit. Woo him/her with your divine love. I stand in the prayer gap for _______, asking for your mercy, forgiveness and favour. Thank you for your promise that _______ can never escape your love and care. In Jesus’ name I pray all these things, Amen.

That's right, don't dwell on the negatives. Relinquish Aisha, Brioni, Calista and Delaney to God's care. He did good with Elijah.... :roll:

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit late, but:

"d) Does Australia keep their legal process private and not disclose much about crimes to the public? I know in the state I live in a lot of police documents are released before the case goes to trial in a lot of instances."

Yes. In many cases, there is a rule where you can't access sensitive information about crimes (autopsy reports and so forth) for quite some time. The time span is very long, and designed to make sure that any immediate family of the victim don't have to see sensitive material in the public domain. The number that comes to mind is 100 years, but don't quote me on that. Also, it might just pertain to murder cases, although information on just about any crime is strictly controlled. I'm an Aussie criminology student and I encountered a lot of trouble with a case study for a forensic science class because of that rule, since I was dealing with Australian murder investigations all within the last 100 years. Autopsy and lab reports would have been a huge help, although if the police haven't solved the Bogle-Chandler case after all these years I somehow doubt I would have (;

Lauren is certifiable, I swear. I do suspect that hair wad from Instagram was from a drain rather than from one of the girls' heads. Or I hope. I was happy to see the latest entry. Of COURSE the girls are going nuts over the spa bath, Lauren, their skin probably crawls 24/7. They're ecstatic to be clean! I'm so glad to see them getting baths, meals, TV and the supervision of what I hope is a loving, attentive, competent adult.

August: For the love of sparkles, don't mention Adelaide. Don't want her getting any ideas when she inevitably reads this. On behalf of the other FJ members from here: We do. Not. Want.

She's scrubbed and edited the blog multiple times since Elijah's death, and probably beforehand too. I've gone back to posts I've previously read and found them totally different on multiple occasions.

So she actually changes the content of the posts? Re-writes them, so to speak?

That is bizarre. I have a habit of making my older blog posts private as I am quite a private person and am worried about having too much personal info on the www (knowing full well however that it may still remain accessible through internet archives and such). But to actually go back and change what I wrote weeks, months or years ago? That is so weird. Makes me wonder if she keeps a copy of the original posts or if she fools herself into only remembering the edited versions of events.

Guest Anonymous

So she actually changes the content of the posts? Re-writes them, so to speak?

That is bizarre. I have a habit of making my older blog posts private as I am quite a private person and am worried about having too much personal info on the www (knowing full well however that it may still remain accessible through internet archives and such). But to actually go back and change what I wrote weeks, months or years ago? That is so weird. Makes me wonder if she keeps a copy of the original posts or if she fools herself into only remembering the edited versions of events.

Well, the police seized her laptop after the drowning, so the original versions are out there somewhere.

I see her sister's post as an act of desperation to be able to sleep at night in a situation where the family is absolutely powerless to intervene. Unless the authorities are willing to step in and STOP Lauren, there is NOTHING her family can do unless she will LET them help. It's really not their fault, and it must be horribly distressing to see those girls in absolutely dire, dangerous situations but see the authorities release Lauren from supervision and her reject ALL sane support and advice. They may very well be estranged from her at this point because they attempted to intervene and without authority to back them up, only served to anger her which cut them off from the ability TO help the kids.

This sister in in Hong Kong. She isn't even local to Lauren at all. The other sister opened her home with NO warning nor invitation, undoubtably to try to help the kids and Lauren jimmied their pool gate, put their own kids at risk with hers AND posted private details of their lives online for the world to see. They could respond to her assault of their lives and be cut off from the girls, or not respond so they can try to be available to the girls and put their careers, reputations and their children at risk. It seems Lauren has burned nearly every bridge with her family since Elijah died except *maybe* her father, who did NOTHING to intervene a year ago, before Elijah died, when she set her girls up to live in the drug dealing district for weeks while "visiting" with him. I don't see evidence that he is a voice of safety or sanity with Lauren at all. He may be choosing to hold his tongue to still be an influence with the girls where others have been unable to hold their tongues any longer.

Whatever, the choices her family is having to make, none of this is their faults. Unless Lauren either gives the girls up or the authorities finally remove them, the best her family can do is try to convey to the GIRLS that they are available and safe if they ever want to attempt to escape their crazy mother, and right now they are all too young to escape her without the authorities intervening.

Lauren replied to a commenter's question:

"No, A, we have not “fallen out†with our families, but with both sets of grandparents separated, everyone is scattered across Australia."

I hope that's true, but it still doesn't clarify why they've stopped leaving comments on her blog. And if they are still "close" why does Lauren never mention them?

I know that a while back Lauren referred to some troubles, probably on Twitter.

I just found the entry where the girls were playing on the forklift truck and my heart was in my mouth. They were playing with circular saw blades, said, 'they're sharp!' and dropped them! Hell yes they're sharp - that could have ended terribly. So could have one of them falling off. I couldn't believe it.

I see her sister's post as an act of desperation to be able to sleep at night in a situation where the family is absolutely powerless to intervene. Unless the authorities are willing to step in and STOP Lauren, there is NOTHING her family can do unless she will LET them help. It's really not their fault, and it must be horribly distressing to see those girls in absolutely dire, dangerous situations but see the authorities release Lauren from supervision and her reject ALL sane support and advice. They may very well be estranged from her at this point because they attempted to intervene and without authority to back them up, only served to anger her which cut them off from the ability TO help the kids.

This sister in in Hong Kong. She isn't even local to Lauren at all. The other sister opened her home with NO warning nor invitation, undoubtably to try to help the kids and Lauren jimmied their pool gate, put their own kids at risk with hers AND posted private details of their lives online for the world to see. They could respond to her assault of their lives and be cut off from the girls, or not respond so they can try to be available to the girls and put their careers, reputations and their children at risk. It seems Lauren has burned nearly every bridge with her family since Elijah died except *maybe* her father, who did NOTHING to intervene a year ago, before Elijah died, when she set her girls up to live in the drug dealing district for weeks while "visiting" with him. I don't see evidence that he is a voice of safety or sanity with Lauren at all. He may be choosing to hold his tongue to still be an influence with the girls where others have been unable to hold their tongues any longer.

Whatever, the choices her family is having to make, none of this is their faults. Unless Lauren either gives the girls up or the authorities finally remove them, the best her family can do is try to convey to the GIRLS that they are available and safe if they ever want to attempt to escape their crazy mother, and right now they are all too young to escape her without the authorities intervening.

I agree - it must be a very tough situation to be in. Powerless for sure.

I just found the entry where the girls were playing on the forklift truck and my heart was in my mouth. They were playing with circular saw blades, said, 'they're sharp!' and dropped them! Hell yes they're sharp - that could have ended terribly. So could have one of them falling off. I couldn't believe it.

Isn't it a nightmare? The two oldest girls up on the forklift (high enough that they couldn't have stood up without hitting their heads on the shed roof), doing all of the following: moving around, hanging their legs down off of the edge, playing with a bug and backing away from it towards the edge, reaching across a gap, to one shelf that is above them and another below, lifting and dragging sharp and heavy objects across that gap, including dragging something by its cord from under something heavy. Then they are driven around a bit on the forklift (still moving around on it), lowered, then lifted to a very high level, with all of those things heaped around them.

Oh, and as a bonus, Lauren comments, near the middle of the video, that she's eating something 3 years past its sell-by date (hey, at least she didn't feed it to the kids), and there is a final shot of the two youngest girls in their plastic-tote "bathtubs." Guess we should be glad they didn't get run over, or drown while one parent drove the forklift and the other videotaped.

For anyone who has not yet seen it:

UD6h-uu_ois

But wait! Don't answer yet! There's more!

Other uses for a forklift:

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1637

I totally agree. I can't imagine if I had a family member treating their kids like that- I have one who I don't like how they treat their kids, and it's not even that extreme, and it bothers me. If it was as neglectful as Lauren....

Can someone please buy these children toys that wont kill them or put them in the hospital? Surely she didnt think that playing on a high up part of a forklift while playing with circular saw blades and a drill is a fun, safe activity for small children?

Well, the police seized her laptop after the drowning, so the original versions are out there somewhere.

Good point.

I just find that whole thing so disturbing (like we needed any more examples of disturbing behaviour!).

She says she blogs for her girls, but I'm sure they won't be fooled by her sanitized editions. Not in the long term.

Isn't it a nightmare? The two oldest girls up on the forklift (high enough that they couldn't have stood up without hitting their heads on the shed roof), doing all of the following: moving around, hanging their legs down off of the edge, playing with a bug and backing away from it towards the edge, reaching across a gap, to one shelf that is above them and another below, lifting and dragging sharp and heavy objects across that gap, including dragging something by its cord from under something heavy. Then they are driven around a bit on the forklift (still moving around on it), lowered, then lifted to a very high level, with all of those things heaped around them.

Oh, and as a bonus, Lauren comments, near the middle of the video, that she's eating something 3 years past its sell-by date (hey, at least she didn't feed it to the kids), and there is a final shot of the two youngest girls in their plastic-tote "bathtubs." Guess we should be glad they didn't get run over, or drown while one parent drove the forklift and the other videotaped.

UD6h-uu_ois

First time seeing this, and I can't quite comprehend what I just saw. I mean, what was that?! On the one hand I'm shocked at everything that went on in the video. On the other hand I can't get over how much better the girls looked back then.

Moving around up there (cement floor and all) is less of an issue than driving them around. As anyone who's worked with forklifts can tell you, shit falls off a moving forklift because it wobbles around. You never turn your back on a moving forklift in case something come off and gets you on the head. ie, every single thing in that video is an OH&S violation.

Was the van deemed unsuitable because of lack of seats for children? I've been trying to figure out why she needed a whole new vehicle. can't wait to read the coroner's report. Roisin Fraser's was very informative.

Yes, the Croakers are the other sister's family.

On the one hand I'm shocked at everything that went on in the video. On the other hand I can't get over how much better the girls looked back then.

You know how she has those links to older posts underneath her blog posts? I clicked on one of them the other day. It took me to an entry from about a year to 18 months ago, and there was a close-up shot of one of the younger two girls, I think it was C. I did NOT recognise her. I thought it must be a photo of a friend or relative, but then I read the entry and yeah... it was C.

She looked so happy and healthy. She had lovely hair and lovely clothes. I know kids' looks change, but not like that.

It was heartbreaking. Until then I thought that maybe some people were being a bit too harsh and picky regarding the girls' looks, but not anymore. The difference is just unbelievable.

If you look through the older posts the girls often have really really dark circles under their eyes, going back several years. I get distracted by th awful haircuts in more recent pics.

UD6h-uu_ois

:shock: I think I had at least three heart attacks while watching that. I'm truly terrified for those poor girls. I'm actually amazed they have lasted this long.

Oh, and as a bonus, Lauren comments, near the middle of the video, that she's eating something 3 years past its sell-by date (hey, at least she didn't feed it to the kids)

And she does so while she's pregnant. Far out.

If you look through the older posts the girls often have really really dark circles under their eyes, going back several years. I get distracted by th awful haircuts in more recent pics.

I hadn't noticed that. I guess they don't always get much sleep... regular bedtimes are for un-sparkly people only.

And she does so while she's pregnant. Far out.

I hadn't noticed that. I guess they don't always get much sleep... regular bedtimes are for un-sparkly people only.

It's from well before they stopped having bedtime. But it seems they went straight from Babywise to unparenting, so they were probably being shut in a room at some predetermined hour to cry themselves to sleep.

It's from well before they stopped having bedtime. But it seems they went straight from Babywise to unparenting, so they were probably being shut in a room at some predetermined hour to cry themselves to sleep.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting that she used to be into Babywise. My god, those poor girls have really had to deal with too many variations of insanity. :(

August: For the love of sparkles, don't mention Adelaide. Don't want her getting any ideas when she inevitably reads this. On behalf of the other FJ members from here: We do. Not. Want.

Yep. Stepping out of lurking mode to second that comment. We will be just fine here in Adelaide without her dropping by thanks.

She would doubtlessly take the lost girls swimming in the Torrens, let them walk barefoot down Hindley street (I did it as a teenager - never again), and then let them climb the mall's balls. What an authentic experience.

After watching that video, I wonder if Elijah's death had anything to do with some sort of "game" gone wrong. I've always thought there was more to the story. I wonder if there is a video somewhere.

Archived