IGNORED

Going to jail rather than provide birth control

NjoyingNsanity

I, too, live in Virginia, and it suits me just fine for fundies to go to jail -- not that I expect the owner of Hobby Lobby to suffer in jail for his beliefs.

Hey if they want to be that stupid then by all means go right ahead and get themselves throw in jail of course it would be great if we could throw away the key once they get there. Seriously I really don't get being that nosey about the sex lives of your employees. So what if they don't want to have a dozen kids it' not anyone's buiness but their own. What worries me is fundie employers somehow using this to single out employees who's beliefs don't line up with theirs, as in you're on the pill no raise for you, or Joe allows his wife to be on the pill, so he's the first in line to be laid off.

Hey if they want to be that stupid then by all means go right ahead and get themselves throw in jail of course it would be great if we could throw away the key once they get there. Seriously I really don't get being that nosey about the sex lives of your employees. So what if they don't want to have a dozen kids it' not anyone's buiness but their own. What worries me is fundie employers somehow using this to single out employees who's beliefs don't line up with theirs, as in you're on the pill no raise for you, or Joe allows his wife to be on the pill, so he's the first in line to be laid off.

There is no way for the employer to know that, it is protected information.

I have an option for them. Don't want to cover BC? Fine. Then you must cover 100% medical expenses incurred by every woman working at your company who gets pregnant (and pregnant wives of male employees). These employees must be given PAID maternity leave for at least 12 weeks (preferrably longer). You will provide child care for children of all employees. You must also give a pay raise to each employee per child. After all, kids are expensive. You will cover 100% medical expenses for the children of your employees. Oh, and you can't raise your prices to cover this because people will no longer be able to afford to shop there. You are so pro-life? Prove it.

They'd be out of business in a couple of months.

(Obviously I know this is not a feesable solution...just proving a point.)

I have an option for them. Don't want to cover BC? Fine. Then you must cover 100% medical expenses incurred by every woman working at your company who gets pregnant (and pregnant wives of male employees). These employees must be given PAID maternity leave for at least 12 weeks (preferrably longer). You will provide child care for children of all employees. You must also give a pay raise to each employee per child. After all, kids are expensive. You will cover 100% medical expenses for the children of your employees. Oh, and you can't raise your prices to cover this because people will no longer be able to afford to shop there. You are so pro-life? Prove it.

They'd be out of business in a couple of months.

(Obviously I know this is not a feesable solution...just proving a point.)

This!

There is no way for the employer to know that, it is protected information.

I was thinking more along the lines of employees who were vocal about wanting or needing these benifits. I'm sure some of these businesses will have at least one employee who will be vocal about wanting birth control covered.

Archived