IGNORED

New Serven family photo

Marian the Librarian

Courtesy of Facebook:

64590_418065811600706_10079775_n.jpg

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but it looks like Rebecca is pregnant again.

It looks like it, unless she just ate a massive lunch

And is trying to rub the gas out, like you do with a baby!

Rebecca is also wearing a knee-length skirt! That seems to be a new thing for her, no?

She probably is pregnant and that is exactly why her hand is not so subtly placed obviously on her midsection. Gotta' advertise that fertility and that she is fulfilling her duty as a good Christian woman.

There are 9 Serven children - you can get the skinny on them at servenclan.blogspot.com, go to the very first blog post for names and ages.

ETA linky so you don't sprain a pinky ;)

servenclan.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_archive.html

Holy schmoley, I didn't recognize the pretty younger daughter in the pink skirt! Lydia, is it? She's always been more softly featured than the other girls, has turned into a beau-tay!

Marian, are you FB friends with a Serven? I'm envious! :)

There are 9 Serven children - you can get the skinny on them at servenclan.blogspot.com, go to the very first blog post for names and ages.

ETA linky so you don't sprain a pinky ;)

servenclan.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_archive.html

Holy schmoley, I didn't recognize the pretty younger daughter in the pink skirt! Lydia, is it? She's always been more softly featured than the other girls, has turned into a beau-tay!

Marian, are you FB friends with a Serven? I'm envious! :)

Nope, not friends - I don't think they'd want me as a friend! (I'd be going mano a mano with Steven and Rebecca over their claim that Aaron Copland was a Bad Man because he "didn't lead a Christ-honoring life," never mind that he was a born-and-raised nice Jewish guy... :angry-banghead: ).

Younger brother Benjamin put this pic on FB for all the world to see.

That's Sarah in the pink skirt. Lydia's in the light blue jacket. Ah, the Servens, my gateway fundies. I miss the regular updates. Rebecca seems to have stopped blogging almost completely since her marriage.

What's with all the big hair a la Erin Bates? It's like male peacock feather mating rituals. The girl in the pink skirt must be the next on they're trying to marry off.

Rebecca's mini-skirt is certainly almost defrauding! I'm guessing she's pregnant again, but honestly, I'm happy for her after losing her first baby and she's got to be 30-something, right? Gotta fill that quiver! I'm pretty sure she wore that sweater in the last family group photo, or at least did when she was probably 5 months pregnant in a photo shoot her brother did of her and Steven. Maybe it's her "go to" sweater.

Fauxmeno, this bunch has not been in a hurry to marry off the girl children. The first one to be allowed to marry was 25 or 26. The firstborn daughter (also the first born child) was the object of a courtship request which was denied about 4 years before she was finally permitted to marry. She was turning 30, if memory serves.

The children were all housed in the lower level if the family's atrium-style home in 2 dorm/bedrooms. In at least one story, when one of the young boys woke at night and called for an adult female, it was not for "Mama" but for his sister.

My personal guess is that the younger 2 daughters will be allowed to leave when their younger brothers are independent enough to move out, or nearly so. Girl children are an important commodity in Dominionism, to be sure.

I looked at their blog and followed the link to their church that the dad pastors. I read the church leadership page, and for every person on there, in their description, it mentions that they home-educate their children. So this is obviously a requirement. Can you imagine going to that church and NOT home-educating?

So are they in the same denomination as the Botkins?

eta: As I said, they are new to me, but I just noticed that Emily, who I guess married one of their sons, has a nose ring??? That is very non-fundie of her. Was she raised fundie?

eta: As I said, they are new to me, but I just noticed that Emily, who I guess married one of their sons, has a nose ring??? That is very non-fundie of her. Was she raised fundie?

We on FJ call her NR-Emily (nose ring Emily). We had a good old time celebrating her when she was married into the family. You wear that nose ring, Emily! Woot!

NR Emily..that's awesome!! I also noticed in some pictures of their shower (maybe), there was a table with pictures of the couple, and NR Emily was wearing jeans in one of the pics!!!

NR Emily..that's awesome!! I also noticed in some pictures of their shower (maybe), there was a table with pictures of the couple, and NR Emily was wearing jeans in one of the pics!!!

Yep, she's a brazen hussy alright. She wore an above-the-knee-and-sleeveless dress to her bridal shower along with the NR. She's got spunk and some fashion sense! I like her!

Archived