IGNORED

Haylee from the Glad Girls got hitched

terranova

gladblog.gladheartacres.com/?m=201301

I'm not sure how old she is, can't be much over 20. The lower 48 fundies should start shipping their daughters north, they don't seem to have any trouble finding suitable mates up there.

For a fundie wedding, it looks quite beautiful. I love the fairy lights and the bride's dress is a good example of modesty done right. The lace is beautiful.

The intro says she's 20, but she looks much younger!!

That really is a beautiful dress- I would wear it. Or at least the top half of it. The bridesmaid's dresses I'm not so fond of, but better than other fundie weddings.

Harmony, Heather, Haylee, Hannah, Hope, Hosanna, Hudson, and Helayna? Is the matching names a fundie thing or is it just more noticeable because they have more kids?

Well that was rather quick wasn't it? Didn't they just announce her engagement a few months ago?

Seems to be the way in fundie circles. Marriage within 6 months at the most. Her sister got married a couple of years ago and also had a very short courtship IIRC.

True, my pet fundies all had <6 month total courtship to engagement to wedding timespans. Anyways, the wedding did look beautiful from the few pictures up. Much better than what I was expecting from previously reading their blog. I love lace on wedding dresses! My dress was lace. Haylee and her sisters are actually quite pretty when they are dressed up and polished.

...but what I wouldn't give to trim all of those split ends! Seriously, why is that forbidden? Wheat from the chaff and all that...

I really like the wedding dress.

The picture of her with the Bridesmaids look like she is the latest wife in a Warren Jeffs-type polygamist home. Something about the dresses and the hair on the other women just looks so Mormon plyg to me.

I love her dress too. I really like lace as well and if I had a winter wedding I wouldn't be opposed to a dress with long lace sleeves.

The bridesmaid dresses don't look bad either, but I'd like to see them up close. I feel like fundies' bridesmaid dresses are always particularly bad. They always seem to be badly-sewn "princess seam" dresses that end up looking really boxy. The sweater thing is unique for a fundy wedding no? It looks kind-of casual but at least they fit...

...but what I wouldn't give to trim all of those split ends! Seriously, why is that forbidden? Wheat from the chaff and all that...

That straggly hair is what I noticed first off, even before the dowdy bridesmaids' outfits. It would look so much better if they'd braided the maids' hair and left the bride with her hair down....that said, I think her dress was beautiful.

I hated the jackets on the bridesmaids. They are almost all wrinkled because they are pulling from not fitting properly. Plus they look kind of tossed on and not planned to be coordinated. I don't care for the bottom of the wedding gown either, but then I don't like any of those poofy, ruffly type skirts. At least the wedding gown didn't have one of those hideous not fitting necklines.

I hated the jackets on the bridesmaids. They are almost all wrinkled because they are pulling from not fitting properly. Plus they look kind of tossed on and not planned to be coordinated. I don't care for the bottom of the wedding gown either, but then I don't like any of those poofy, ruffly type skirts. At least the wedding gown didn't have one of those hideous not fitting necklines.

I wasn't impressed with any of the wardrobe. I'm always surprised that these future keepers of the home don't iron clothes, even for weddings.

Does the bride have braces? Somehow, that is just so wrong. I absolutely hate the bridesmaids dresses. Ankle length full skirts? At the knee would have been ok, floor length would have been better since the super black tights and dowdy low heels are definately ugly. The jackets are hideous and there is definately a mormon polygamy look to the whole get-up.

I've seen this blog before, but just read the intro section for the first time today. They were house sitting for someone and the house burned down?! Yikes.

Does the bride have braces? Somehow, that is just so wrong. I absolutely hate the bridesmaids dresses. Ankle length full skirts? At the knee would have been ok, floor length would have been better since the super black tights and dowdy low heels are definately ugly. The jackets are hideous and there is definately a mormon polygamy look to the whole get-up.

The length is definitely awkward. Also, if they made the bridesmaid dresses (or had them made), why don't they fit properly? Getting a decent fit would be a benefit of not buying something off the rack, no?

I think the top of her dress is pretty though. Not something I would choose, but not ugly either.

I agree--looks polyg. Orthopedic shoes and ill-fitting blazers? Those hairdos (don'ts)?

And I wish her husband would have gotten a white shirt--his looks dingy next to his groomsmen's.

I also wish they'd removed the baby's breath from her bouquet. Simple hydrangeas is pretty, but that mess in the middle just ruins the effect.

Pretty dress, though, for her. And she looks happy.

Archived