IGNORED

Parents sue over woman's home birth death

NotALoserLikeYou

Four days of labor and a month before she died? She must have been in incredible pain, and extremely ill. To say that nobody prevented her from getting medical treatment is ridiculous. A woman who has been laboring for four days may not have the presence of mind to call a taxi to take her to the hospital. She may not have the presence of mind to know that she should go to the hospital, but her husband and midwife should have. Pure negligence to let her labor that long with a breech baby. And a month before the infection killed her?

ITA. There is a point where people are no longer able to make rational decisions when they are ill, etc. EVERYONE she trusted let her down. To suffer that much and not be in one's logical mind, it would be easy to "want to die" because it would ease the suffering. Not to mention the religious brainwashing.

Adults who want to make choices to with hold medical treatment, it is their own business. But not treating babies and children is ... well, I have not the words. That poor boy who died from over 400 bee stings. Children dying here in Oregon of diabetes, simple infections, being born too early to survive on their own. It is the worst. I hold their parents accountable, but I also do feel bad for the whole situation because they ARE brainwashed into thinking all these evil things. What is evil, really? Allowing your child to suffer and die because you do not have any common sense?

I was raised in a way like much of the fundie children I read about. I relate more to them than I do anyone else. I cannot imagine what these children go through with these super fundie parents.

I'd like to think that, if my daughter were in that situation, I'd knock that loser husband down with a baseball bat and call

an ambulance for her.

I'd like to know if he's re-married yet. I think he wanted her to die so he could marry another woman.

The local DA should at least convene a Grand Jury to investigate this crap. They could subpoena everyone involved and

make them sit outside the GJ room for a couple of weeks.

I'm glad they won the civil suit, but I still believe everyone involved in this poor woman's suffer should face criminal charges. Misti died a cruel and horrible death, and her baby was stillborn. Somebody should spend time in prison for that.

I'd like to think that, if my daughter were in that situation, I'd knock that loser husband down with a baseball bat and call

an ambulance for her.

I'd like to know if he's re-married yet. I think he wanted her to die so he could marry another woman.

The local DA should at least convene a Grand Jury to investigate this crap. They could subpoena everyone involved and

make them sit outside the GJ room for a couple of weeks.

You're not the only one. I'd have tased that motherfucker and taken my daughter out of there so fast.

Archived