IGNORED

New Years w/the Arndts?

0 kids n not countin

What do you think FJers, should we all forgo partying this New Years Eve & Day to spend it at a retreat with the Arndts? Perhaps we all need to pray about it first? :pray:

I would like to let our visitors in on something that I have been thinking about recently.

I have been praying about the idea of hosting a special FamTeam Weekend during the upcoming holiday season (perhaps on New Year’s Eve and Day). I have told God — and others in the family — that I would only want to do it if there is an obvious need for it.

The goal of the weekend would be simple: to establish and/or deepen relationships — between individuals and God, husbands and wives, parents and children, and so forth.

I would envision the retreat to be one that flows with the love, life, and power of God’s Holy Spirit. Judging by the e-mail that I have been receiving, many people are feeling empty, ashamed, lost, burdened, and bound.

There would be no charge for the retreat, as visitors would take care of their own lodging and meals. In this way, registration costs would not be an issue.

I think that many individuals are thirsting for an “upper room†experience, and that is what our gathering would be designed to remedy.

I am taking an informal poll about this whole idea. If anyone would like to e-mail me, he or she can do so at: dad@famteam.com.

I have told God I'd like to go for a Snarkin' New Year, but He's not sure it's worth the travel expense.

Wonder why he didn't ask God.

"I have told God ...... that I would only want to do it if there is an obvious need for it."

Hubris, thy name is Daddy Arndt.

If anyone should attend this, it's the Maxwells. I know that Mom Arndt wears evil shorts and everyone likes to play evil baseball (softball?), but both families have a similar weird-and-cloistered quotient and probably have more in common than they realize.

I don't think Mama Arndt asks Pops what music she is allowed to keep on her iPod. Not to mention during their special years ago they definitely drank sodas, though I can't speak specifically to Pepsi. Besides, Pops and the boy-childs actually have legitimate J-O-B-S. :shhh:

If I was single, I would try and figure out a way to go and defraud at least one of the adult sons.

I don't think Mama Arndt asks Pops what music she is allowed to keep on her iPod. Not to mention during their special years ago they definitely drank sodas, though I can't speak specifically to Pepsi. Besides, Pops and the boy-childs actually have legitimate J-O-B-S. :shhh:

On the other side of the coin, they believe in courtship and the "little pieces of your heart" shit, only allow the kids to watch old movies and TV shows (15 year old Wizzie was watching 1944's "Since You Went Away" on a recent road trip with her brothers. I can't imagine my kids even glancing at something like that), and the "boys'" jobs all revolve around either their father's court reporting business or wedding photography.

They are a puzzling lot.

Archived