IGNORED

Another scary documentary

Terrie

I got "Soldiers in the Army of God" from Netflix. Brrrr. It's about people (almost all men) who think that violent anti-abortion activism is a good thing. Not too shockingly, they're also all virulently homophobic. Scary, scary people.

I saw that documentary a few years ago and it scared me. I remember reading somewhere that the nurse who severely injured in the abortion clinic bombing set up by Eric Rudolph used to get threats from some of the people featured in that documentary.

Thanks for you youtube link! I'm only 5 minutes in and read a couple of comments, and my blood pressure is already rising. I have to leave for work in a bit, I think I'll have to put off watching this until I get home tonight.

ETA: Alright, I just watched the second part. How DARE these people compare themselves to the White Rose! The members of the White Rose would never have used violence to get their point across. And people comparing abortion to the Holocaust pisses me off.

And now I'll go to work and try not to get into political discussions with anyone.

Thanks for the link, looks like I'll be watching this. I met a few people involved with this group several years ago and read up in it some (their manual and stuff used to be online, but now I'd say it's either gone or might not be the sort of thing you'd want in your computer/search history). It was really disturbing, pretty much a combination of instructions on terrorism and how to try to get away with it and really crazy ramblings about "the babies" (I don't think the word babies in the manual ever referred to living children, but to something like ghosts everywhere abortions had been performed and a couple times for fetuses).

I've been around some pretty scary groups before, but this was the first one that ever really made me thing "these people are totally unhinged". At the time, I wondered if it wasn't written that way to maybe help people try for some sort of insanity plea, but now I think it was just them putting their thoughts out without filtering them and even trying to seem rational.

The guy hanging out with the little girl alone was very creepy. Where are her parents? I would never let my kid hang out alone with a creepy oldman likethat.

I love those kinds of documentaries, simply because I have a sick fascination with the worst kinds of people.

Meeee too! Got time to kill? Jael Phelps has 10 new Tweets? Don't mind if I do!

I remember seeing this on HBO when it was on and being bothered by the fact that they had kids going to these rallies. Of all the stories on this documentary the one really bothered me the most was the one of the Doctor who was killed at his home in front of his kids. This guy was VERY vocal in his reason of why he wanted to help women and his life and lives of his family members were threatened.

There is a woman who likes to take her little "army" (children) with her when she protests outside of clinics, then post the videos on youtube. When I see children being carted around and trained to spew out their parents rhetoric it breaks my heart.

There is a woman who likes to take her little "army" (children) with her when she protests outside of clinics, then post the videos on youtube. When I see children being carted around and trained to spew out their parents rhetoric it breaks my heart.

I agree with you. Many of these kids do not realize what they are protesting. I read a comment on razing ruth once, and this person talk about she has driven by protesters who had their kids w/ them and it was like 100 degrees out. That to me is wrong.

Archived