IGNORED

What if a Maxwell grandchild grew up outside the cult?

YPestis

Trust me, in my head, the scenario was a lot more liberating. I didn't necessarily see the son as married, you see. But, yes, you're right. Pity it's the best I can realistically hope for...that those Maxwell women wind up marrying a less controlling jerk than their father.

I totally get mnb357's senario. Steve can get told off by a daughter or daughter-in-law, and may the day come soon, but it's not going to make a dent in his brain. For him the harlot would be leading his speshuly raised son to perdition, or allowing his precious little girl to usurp her headship's authority along with his grandchildren. It would take his son or son in law telling Steve to his face to screw off, it's not his family, and he doesn't run it. By Steve's own rules he would have to back off, and if the hypothetical son/son-in-law actually had functioning testicles, he would not hide behind his wife's pants while trying to distance himself from Steve. It's got nothing to do with the wife having a voice and a will of her own for her family.

I don't have a lot of faith that an unmarried Maxwell son or daughter could break away. We've read emmie's report, they are pathetic children in adult bodies. I think they would need spouses at the minmum to get them realize their autonomy was stolen from them.

Archived