IGNORED

Resurgence blog

Knight of Ni

I searched and couldn't find any existing topics so I thought I'd post about it. Through facebook I stumbled across this blog called Resurgence. It calls itself a ministry of Mars Hill. I looked through several of the posts and found this gem in the Dating section. (Of course it would have several posts about wifely submission :puke-front: )

Response: Submission

Submission is the heart response of a godly woman who has put herself under Christ and her husband. It is an act of the will carried out joyfully and willingly because she recognizes the gift of grace she has received. Submission is the single-most precious place of safety and freedom that a woman could ever know. Deep belief and complete trust in Jesus to sustain a wife makes submission to even the most difficult man possible.

I'm pretty sick of fundy Christians thinking that I won't be able to function in the world without a man telling me what to do. I don't need to be placed under anyone's authority. I am an adult who can make my own decisions and take care of myself and demand to be treated like one. I don't understand how submission can be a gift. (Unless you're into that sort of thing :teasing-whipblue:) There is a lot more that the blog has to offer and I'm sure it's very much snark worthy.

• 4 weeks later...
Submission is the heart response of a godly woman who has put herself under Christ and her husband. It is an act of the will carried out joyfully and willingly because she recognizes the gift of grace she has received. Submission is the single-most precious place of safety and freedom that a woman could ever know. Deep belief and complete trust in Jesus to sustain a wife makes submission to even the most difficult man possible.

Submission. Again focusing on what the woman should do in a relationship. Submit. Cede her humanity to another. Sounds like a brilliant idea! :roll:

Archived