IGNORED

War on caterpillars

merrily

[link=]http://jezebel.com/5899482/war-on-women-as-fake-as-war-on-caterpillars-says-totally-sober-rnc-chairman?tag=rnc[/link]

Today, in a moment that's bound to go down in Republican National Committee history as one of the most drunk-seeming sober moments of all time, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus dismissed the notion that the "war on women" is anything other than another myth perpetuated by Democrats. It's as fake as that other war everyone keeps talking about — the war on caterpillars. During an interview with Bloomberg TV, Priebus said, of the perception that male lawmakers across the country seem to be devoting an inordinate amount of energy to limiting women's access to reproductive health services,

If the Democrats said we had a war on caterpillars and every mainstream media outlet talked about the fact that Republicans have a war on caterpillars, then we'd have problems with caterpillars. It's a fiction.

Listen to the big strong republican man, ladies. He knows better than you whether the bills his party is pushing will affect your freedom.

This frosts me. The whole right-wing anti-women mess hit me between the eyes as a bona fide war on women long before I heard or read a single Democratic elected official say a word about it. It terrifies me that a major political party is hard at work reversing all the advances my generation fought for back in the '60s and '70s. Today's Republicans are making Richard Nixon look like a pinko extremist.

So it isn't true that caterpillars earn 20% less than men doing the same job? Or that many men have an authoritative opinion about what should happen with the caterpillar's uterus? :?

(FJ makes me write some truly unexpected sentences... )

The pictures in this thread should come with a warning...

Archived