IGNORED

Face off (Syfy)

Gil

Couldn't find an old thread so...does anyone watch this? It's a SyFy channel competition show about SFX makeup artists. The new season premieres tonight! I was completely obsessed with the last season.

Yes! I love this show and I somehow missed the fact that tonight was the season premiere. Thanks for the head's up!

I missed the first showing (stupid dinner work meeting!) but I'm ready for the next show. Twenty-nine minutes and counting!

What did you think of last week's episode? There's definitely some real talent, and as always, some really annoying contestants. I'm looking forward to tonight's episode; I'm must hoping we don't get 15 versions of Jack Sparrow or some other Pirates of the Caribbean character.

• 1 year later...

Only had to go back 10 pages for this one. No one watches the stuff I watch, I guess. I'm going to have to start new threads for stuff.

I've watched every season of Face Off and loved it. This is the first season that I'm really "meh" about it. I have finally decided that I'm rooting for Tyler and Rashad. There were no stand outs for me this year, like there always have been before though :(

Only had to go back 10 pages for this one. No one watches the stuff I watch, I guess. I'm going to have to start new threads for stuff.

I've watched every season of Face Off and loved it. This is the first season that I'm really "meh" about it. I have finally decided that I'm rooting for Tyler and Rashad. There were no stand outs for me this year, like there always have been before though :(

I'm right there with you, I've loved this show since the beginning but I'm not crazy about this cast. I decided about two weeks ago Tyler was going to be my guy, which is weird because I chose Anthony week 2 of his season and Roy week 1-3 for both of his seasons. I usually make up my mind right away and this season's contestants don't wow me that much.

I'm right there with you, I've loved this show since the beginning but I'm not crazy about this cast. I decided about two weeks ago Tyler was going to be my guy, which is weird because I chose Anthony week 2 of his season and Roy week 1-3 for both of his seasons. I usually make up my mind right away and this season's contestants don't wow me that much.

I'm the same way. I usually pick by week 2 or 3 at the latest. This season, I kept waiting and waiting. I did kind of like Tyler fairly early, but usually I really like one person and then have a "back up" in case my favorite gets kicked off.

This year, they don't seem very motivated themselves or something. There is no one with great, fun personalities, like RJ or Roy. There isn't even a person you love to hate for being a whiner like Lainey or Sue (or maybe it was Beth that year...one of those 2 was horrible). Corrine, was getting a little that way, but now she's gone so it's back to just meh again.

I met Lainey a couple of months ago. She's very quiet and somewhat spacey.

Extraordinarily pretty in person, but just.... vacant.

Way talented, though.

I love this show - didn't know we had a thread for it. My husband and I watch it every week. We've both liked Rashaad since day one this season because of the resourcefulness he showed in the first foundation challenge. I agree that the talent pool seems to be getting shallower as they do more seasons - I think special effects makeup is just a less common skill than, say, signing or modeling or dancing, so you have a narrower set of people to cast in the first place unlike the never ending parade of American Idol or Voice hopefuls. As much as I like seeing two editions of this show a year, it might be better to back off how frequently they run it so they could be more selective in their contestants.

Anybody watching Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge? It airs right after Face Off and is similar, but even more interesting in some ways. Calls on a much broader skill set.

I met Lainey a couple of months ago. She's very quiet and somewhat spacey.

Extraordinarily pretty in person, but just.... vacant.

Way talented, though.

I'm sure she is a nice person. I initially liked her on Face Off, but her behavior the last 3 weeks (well 2.5) weeks she was on the show really made me lose respect for her. One of my friends was really into her and looked her up on google and she seems to be the type that is "throwing it against the wall to see what sticks" rather than sticking with something and getting good at it. That's fine, I guess, but on Face Off, her behavior effected other people so that was kinda shitty, IMO.

I also think her using a different name on Face Off vs when she is a "suicide girl" is a little...I don't want to say dishonest necessarily, but it makes it seem like she is trying to hide that part of her career, while it was still an active part of her career. If you are not proud of the work you are doing that is fine, but maybe you should QUIT doing it, rather than acting ashamed of it and trying to hide it. I'm not sure I'm getting my thoughts out very clearly.

I'm sure she is a nice person. I initially liked her on Face Off, but her behavior the last 3 weeks (well 2.5) weeks she was on the show really made me lose respect for her. One of my friends was really into her and looked her up on google and she seems to be the type that is "throwing it against the wall to see what sticks" rather than sticking with something and getting good at it. That's fine, I guess, but on Face Off, her behavior effected other people so that was kinda shitty, IMO.

I also think her using a different name on Face Off vs when she is a "suicide girl" is a little...I don't want to say dishonest necessarily, but it makes it seem like she is trying to hide that part of her career, while it was still an active part of her career. If you are not proud of the work you are doing that is fine, but maybe you should QUIT doing it, rather than acting ashamed of it and trying to hide it. I'm not sure I'm getting my thoughts out very clearly.

My husband and I watch Face Off every week. We were NOT a fan of Lainey at all! She was just really whiny and didn't seem to want to be there as much as some of the other contestants.

I agree about this season. It's pretty clear that Rashaad and Tyler are the front-runners by far. I sort of miss the first couple of seasons, when they had awesome body painting challenges. I feel like every challenge for the pas 3 seasons or so have been riddled with gross bulky makeup jobs, generally gory. I just was so much more impressed the first few seasons!

Archived