IGNORED

Living Sacrifice takes her name a bit too literally

julie paradox

Do not resist physical advances: Pray instead. God will provide the grace.

Bwahahahahaha! I can just imagine those prayers - "Please, God, don't let him be able to get it up tonight. I'm exhausted. Kthxbai!"

Do not argue or resist his financial decisions, even if you know they are bad ones. Pray instead.

Just...NO. Maybe...HELL NO.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that these two facts slow her down in the least from telling married women with children how to conduct themselves and raise their children :roll:

I can't stand that hag.

Me either. She's kind of in a league by herself with some of the crazy tangents she gets off on. I actually find some of the voices at LAF likable to a certain degree, but she has always weirded me out.

Do not resist physical advances: Pray instead. God will provide the grace.

Bwahahahahaha! I can just imagine those prayers - "Please, God, don't let him be able to get it up tonight. I'm exhausted. Kthxbai!"

Do not argue or resist his financial decisions, even if you know they are bad ones. Pray instead.

Just...NO. Maybe...HELL NO.

I know the submissive wife is supposed to be the ideal wife, but my husband would so. not. be. happy. He loves that I a) like sex and b) take care of our finances -- if it were all up to him, we'd save, but it'd just be a bunch of money piled up in a checking account. He loves me for my investing. :p

She sounds very, very depressed.

That said, her Christian Homeschool Scope & Sequence is sad. I hate to imagine what happens to these little children as they are being "trained". She likes the Pearl's, Tripps, etc. so I can venture a safe guess and say, "plumbing line". :evil:

Age 1

•Respond appropriately to the word “Noâ€

•Lie still to get dressed or changed

•Sit still on a lap when told

•Sit in high chair contentedly during meals

•Play contentedly where put

•Lie down and go to sleep when told

•Observe and attempt simple chores (take clothes out of dryer, use a cloth to wipe a floor or dust, pick up toys, etc.)

Age 2

•Come instantly when called

•Respond instantly to “No†or “Stop†commands

•Help with most chores

•Sit still and quietly when told

•Be helpful, gentle, and loving

•Count to 10, identify shapes, colors, letters, and handle a crayon or pencil

Age 3

•Have a full understanding of obedience

•Begin to learn respectfulness, with joyful obedience

•Able to sit for a story or lesson for up to one hour

•Follows directions quickly

•Flexible in schedule

•Helps with all chores

•Able to do preschool work easily

Age 4

•Assigned chores

•Serves others by choice

•Takes care of own property and keep personal areas organized

•Demonstrates contentedness, self control, and an independent work ethic

•Does not pester, whine, interrupt, or talk excessively (is thoughtful in words)

•Begins to be aware of example to younger children

•Able to help care for younger ones, and play with them selflessly and lovingly

Age 5-6

•Fully aware of example to younger siblings

•Able to watch little ones responsibly and play well with them for a short period of time in a specific area

•Demonstrates respect and honor to adults

•Demonstrates gratefulness

•Starts learning and desiring to learn who God is

•Keeps drawers, shelves, bins, desk, etc. organized at all times

Age 7-8

•Grows in understanding of God

•Grows in understanding of God’s commandments and how obedience benefits God’s people

•Can differentiate between wise vs. foolish behavior

•Is self-directed on chores

•Demonstrates meekness, and joyfulness

•Has learned to love correction

•Shows a heart to honor and obey parents and to please God

•Boys: able to help work out doors, help fix cars, cut firewood, hunt, fish, etc.

•Girls: Able to help bake, can cook a meal independently, can sew, crochet, etc.

•Can notice and fulfill needs of family

•Understand stewardship and wise handling of money

•Giving

Age 9-11

•Completes most school work and all chores� independently and well, with good attitude

•Demonstrates good manners, thoughtfulness of others, and respect to all

•Able to serve others outside of home

•Can be a wise friend to other children

•Able to listen and understand a sermon/teach/lecture and take notes

•Can be an example to others outside the home

•Able to plan, organize, and manage projects

•Familiar with Bible and able to read and study independently

•Continues to grow in knowledge of the Holy, able to see Him through His creation, His work, and His Word.

•Beginning to have fear of the Lord (beginning of wisdom)

•Has a heart to love God and follow His ways

•Selflessly serves others at length

•Works diligently and quietly for several hours

•Assumes some adult responsibilities (cooking a meal, caring for the whole yard, etc.)

•Able to be fully responsible for younger siblings for up to a few hours

•Able to grow in wisdom through personal study

•Has formed a personal habit of prayer and can see how God has answered

•Able to examine self

•Ready to discuss and understand mature things

Age 12

These following points are from the sermon What to Expect from a 12–Year-Old by Dr. S.M. Davis (http://www.solvefamilyproblems.com). We have used this “assessment†since the beginning of our homeschool.

•Have a mature sense of responsibility, purpose, and� destiny.

•Have a keen sense of discernment, especially in relation to the company they keep.

•Have a burning hunger to understand truth and wisdom.

•Be fully obedient.

•Be consistently respectful.

•Be fully committed to doing the will of God.

•Have an unmistakeable godliness about his life.

Age 16-18

•Plan and work a full day effectively

•Able to lead and manage others, if necessary

•Demonstrates faith

•Identity is in Christ

•Able to study and learn a whole new area independently, quickly, and effectively

Age 20

These are taken from another excellent sermon by Dr. S.M. Davis titled (can you guess?): What to Expect from a 20-Year-Old

•Ready to go to battle

•Able to be a productive member of society

•Has the character and wisdom needed to build a successful marriage

•Lives a sacrificial live instead of a selfish life: willing to die for righteous causes

•Able to discern God’s will for himself and be directly accountable to God for his life and decisions

These people have way too much time on their hands and have very unreasonable expectations of their children I'm still mastering the whole sitting still thing.

52. Train the children to love him and respect him.

Why would children need have to be trained to love a person?

I was on board with these first 8 but after that she just lost me.

1. Refuse to miss a day of Bible Reading

2. Pray before reading your Bible, “Open my eyes, Lord.â€

3. Teach the Word to your children through the course of regular interactions

4. Make a commitment to prayer.

5. Make a habit of prayer.

6. Acknowledge any sin God reveals to you and confess it to the Lord.

7. Pray for your husband.

•Pray for God to bless him as the leader of your family.

•Pray for God to bless him as a man of God.

•Pray for God to grow him spiritually.

8. Pray for your children.

•Pray for them to grow strong in the Lord.

•Pray for them to be trained up in the way they should go.

•Pray that you would be able to train them the way God wants you to.

•Pray for God to bless them.

Sounds good but, she had to go mess it up.

Those expectations of little kids are making me sick. A 5 year old is supposed to keep everything tidy at all times????? A 7 year old is supposed to cook a meal by herself? And sew and crochet and hunt? What? I mean, I'm assuming that 7 year old should be able to help in the kitchen and make a sandwich or something, but a full meal? They might not even be able to reach the stove or reach into the oven safely or handle a gun!! A 9 year old is supposed to complete all chores independently? I'm 30 years old and I'm procrastinating right this minute - a 9 year old is not capable of perfect behavior at all times.

Also, ok, assuming that all the things on her kid list are desirable, let's say you accomplish all that stuff by age 20. What then?? What could you possibly do after that?

Ugh, so mad right now.

Those expectations of little kids are making me sick. A 5 year old is supposed to keep everything tidy at all times????? A 7 year old is supposed to cook a meal by herself? And sew and crochet and hunt? What? I mean, I'm assuming that 7 year old should be able to help in the kitchen and make a sandwich or something, but a full meal? They might not even be able to reach the stove or reach into the oven safely or handle a gun!! A 9 year old is supposed to complete all chores independently? I'm 30 years old and I'm procrastinating right this minute - a 9 year old is not capable of perfect behavior at all times.

Also, ok, assuming that all the things on her kid list are desirable, let's say you accomplish all that stuff by age 20. What then?? What could you possibly do after that?

Ugh, so mad right now.

I think a 9 year old could actually do most chores (daily ones anyway, like cleaning bedrooms, tidying bathrooms, washing dishes etc.). I was ironing my own clothes at 9. Independently however, oh hell no.

A 7 year can certainly help fix meals, but cooking? Like, legit cooking on a stove? I wouldn't trust a 7 year old to do that. Kids are clumsy. I did learn how to sew at 6, but it was very basic sewing and I've since forgotten it. But expecting a 6 year old to crochet and hunt? WTF? Most adults can't even do those! As for 5 year olds being able to keep things tidy at all times... get fucking real. Nobody can keep everything tidy at all times, at ANY age.

At age 20, you get married and 'train' your children to live up to everything on the list. Including being 'loving' at age 2.

Somehow, the later years are supposed to build on the earlier ones. Lying stil during diaper changes is supposed to produce a valiant warrior for God at age 20. Cheese error. Does not compute.

It wouldn't be bad, per se, just nutty, except that these unrealistic expectations are enforced by hitting.

Normal parent: Baby is wiggling during a diaper change. Is he bored? I'll keep a special toy or two just for diaper changes, or have his older sib do the Silly Diaper-Changing Dance. Is he in pain? I'll be quick and gentle and apply pain-killing lotion ASAP. Is he eager to go play? Definitely be quick, but make it happen. Is he overwrought? I will have to make it happen even if I must set up the diaper changing station on the bed or floor and pin his arms an dlegs under my legs, but I will be gentle. And I will always remember that this is a season of life and it will pass.

Pearlized parent: He's rebellious. Hit him.

I have to wrangle my 9 mo when I change him. He has better stuff to do. Sometimes he will lay still if I let him play with my cell phone for a minute. I guess I am a negligent parent.

My developmental chart from the doctor says at this age babies will "resist doing what he does not want to do" and specifically says "may resist diapering." Lying still while someone washes your junk is just not a life skill that I will make the focus of my everyday parenting.

That checklist for being a ~good wife is the most frightening thing I have ever seen.

And I literally have to WRESTLE my 17 month old son to change his diaper or put on clothes. Clearly my child isn't being "trained" correctly. He also doesn't respond much to NO, but you know why? Because he is a BABY, and typically babies have less developed brains than us adult folks. *end sarcasm*

This woman is literally a robot, a slave, and her children are to be pitied. I thought the Duggars were bad. At least they can have a soda here and there...or eat frozen blueberries out of the bag ;)

That checklist for being a ~good wife is the most frightening thing I have ever seen.

And I literally have to WRESTLE my 17 month old son to change his diaper or put on clothes. Clearly my child isn't being "trained" correctly. He also doesn't respond much to NO, but you know why? Because he is a BABY, and typically babies have less developed brains than us adult folks. *end sarcasm*

This woman is literally a robot, a slave, and her children are to be pitied. I thought the Duggars were bad. At least they can have a soda here and there...or eat frozen blueberries out of the bag ;)

This woman probably would have beaten me to death if I were her child. I hated having my hair brushed because my head is really sensitive (I cry when someone french braids my hair it hurts so bad) so until I was 7 or 8 I used to run away from my mom if she even touched a hair brush. When I was five I found a small hole in my bedroom wall, made it bigger, and hid all of the hairbrushes in there.

I'm still recovering from the baby and since I'm not at home I only have my phone. Is this the super pink, victorian lady who had a stillborn baby boy a few months ago? My computer at home got a super virus and when we finally go home, the hubs is going to have to wipe my hard drive, so all of my blogs are lost. /sadface.

Age 7-8

•Grows in understanding of God

•Grows in understanding of God’s commandments and how obedience benefits God’s people

•Can differentiate between wise vs. foolish behavior

•Is self-directed on chores

•Demonstrates meekness, and joyfulness

•Has learned to love correction

•Shows a heart to honor and obey parents and to please God

•Boys: able to help work out doors, help fix cars, cut firewood, hunt, fish, etc.

•Girls: Able to help bake, can cook a meal independently, can sew, crochet, etc.

•Can notice and fulfill needs of family

•Understand stewardship and wise handling of money

•Giving

Teaching this one by example, is she?

Archived