IGNORED

This just appeared on my facebook - Chic Fil A

CanadianHippie

So my SiL made a comment on my facebook about CFA and I think I may have just caused World War 49 within our family. And while I was on my soapbox, I completely forgot about my dinner and it's burned to a crisp. If anyone of the three people from here who are on my fb -- did I go to far?

No way to got to far when fighting bigotry.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way to got to far when fighting bigotry.

That's kinda how I feel about it too. But I walk a very fine line in that family and normally we all just keep our mouths shut about this kind of stuff around each other. I just sent my husband a text that said "{name} will probably never speak to me again. But don't come shit in my yard and expect me to smile about it." Seriously, I didn't go call her out on her 6+ post about eating CFA for breakfast lunch and dinner. And my BiL is about 350lbs and is one breath away from a heart attack at 32. That's the last place they need to be eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Thank God the only stuff ive seen is from my gay contingent. One of the best is a photo of a cfa crowd, and says something like "when was the last time you saw this many Christians lined up to give blood, or help the poor. Things that actually are in the Bible. "

And I have been thinking all day that this was a publicity ploy. As firmly entrenched as they are in the south and lower Midwest, it wasn't really even very risky.

Eta : I'm going home to NC for a visit next week and so help me god, if Bojangles pulls some stunt like this before I get my fried steak biscuit, I am going to lose it.

The only pro-CFA post on my facebook was from a girl that I went to nursing school with. She's either Independent Baptist or Pentecostal but wears only skirts, long hair, etc. So I guess that's to be expected. I'm kind of surprised that she's allowed to have an opinion on anything, at all.

(I should have posted that on her fb! But she's so nice.)

Archived