IGNORED

Sarah Reith passes out...

Deleted07

Just snooping on the Southern Raised Reith family blog, and the latest blog post says that Sarah passed out from the heat;

southernraisedbluegrass.com/sally-mt-bluegrass-festival/

We played at Sally Mt. on just about the hottest weekend of the summer!!!! It was really dangerously hot and we had a close call with the heat. After our first set, in the early afternoon, Sarah came off stage and walked up the hill to our CD table. She was visiting with folks at the table when suddenly she began blacking out and almost fainted. I helped her to a bench as Mama ran over, as we realized that she had gotten overheated on stage. I cannot say “thank you!†enough to all the extremely kind people who were rushing to Sarah’s side with cold rags, ice and water. There was a Doctor and an EMT that helped tremendously. Doctor Browning had about 6 men carry Sarah into a nearby camper in the air conditioning and he stayed in there with her and Mama until he felt that her body temp was brought down. He told us that she should not go on stage again that night,…….so we found a fill in banjo player! We were really so grateful to the Lord for His protecting hand on Sarah and keeping her safe through that all.

There's a pic on the blog of before it happened, if you click it and enlarge it you can clearly see Sarah didn't look well at all.

I notice they are doing a lot of touring and musical dates, (southernraisedbluegrass.com/calendar/) I wonder if the parents are pushing all them a bit too much?

I also wonder if it was partly to do with the stress of ending things with Master Bates? Or Just coincidence. I notice their blog still doesn't allow comments which seems odd.

6 men carried her...?? How defrauding!!! She is, after all, and unmarried woman/girl. She's not that big, why on earth would it take *6* men to carry her?

We were really so grateful to the Lord for His protecting hand on Sarah and keeping her safe through that all.

I appreciate when people try to put a positive spin on events. However, I wonder why god didn't choose to protect Sarah BEFORE she became overheated?

I'm glad that she is all right. The southeast can be very hot and humid so it doesn't suprise me that someone performing on stage might pass out. Hopefully, her family remembers to keep well hydrated when they are performing

I wonder also why it took six men to carry her. She looks small enough for one man to pick up.

edited to add: Typically, fundies are taught to keep sweet and be cheerful, denying most of their negative emotions. I wonder if she would she have overlooked warning symptoms in order to preserve a happy outward appearance?

Yeah I seriously doubt six men had to carry her, I mean unless they did a passed the parcel type thing all in a line all the way to the caravan? lmao! :lol:

I wonder what their parents do, if anything... There's no real information on them on their site.

I'm glad she's ok and I hope they'll be more careful in the future.

However, it's not just fundies that would deny themselves. I've known plenty of liberal singers/pastors/chidlren's directors, and the like, who keep smiling and hanging in there while they're serving. Actors & actresses, too... it's not just a "the show must go on" mentality, but knowing that this is what you signed up for and you can endure long enough to do your job and go collapse after a little while.

Yeah I seriously doubt six men had to carry her, I mean unless they did a passed the parcel type thing all in a line all the way to the caravan? lmao! :lol:

I wonder what their parents do, if anything... There's no real information on them on their site.

i rather imagine they would put her on a sheet and carry the sheet so that no defrauding touching could occur - that would explain why there needed to be 6 of them!

OMG I misunderstood the title and I thought she was dead :( :oops:

I'm glad she's ok and I hope they'll be more careful in the future.

However, it's not just fundies that would deny themselves. I've known plenty of liberal singers/pastors/chidlren's directors, and the like, who keep smiling and hanging in there while they're serving. Actors & actresses, too... it's not just a "the show must go on" mentality, but knowing that this is what you signed up for and you can endure long enough to do your job and go collapse after a little while.

A couple of weeks ago, I was outside for about four hours and it reached 100 degrees. I ended up sick and throwing up. It was my fault though. I did not keep myself hydrated. I agree that it can happen to anyone.

Just snooping on the Southern Raised Reith family blog, and the latest blog post says that Sarah passed out from the heat;

southernraisedbluegrass.com/sally-mt-bluegrass-festival/

There's a pic on the blog of before it happened, if you click it and enlarge it you can clearly see Sarah didn't look well at all.

I notice they are doing a lot of touring and musical dates, (southernraisedbluegrass.com/calendar/) I wonder if the parents are pushing all them a bit too much?

I also wonder if it was partly to do with the stress of ending things with Master Bates? Or Just coincidence. I notice their blog still doesn't allow comments which seems odd.

I would not be surprised if that had something to do with it. I would be so angry and upset I were in her position and I saw what the bates posted and what comments they allowed to come through. I wonder if the Bates passive aggression is they way of trying to get her to come crying back and ask for forgiveness. I would not put it past them to try and use public pressure to get her to change her mind about ending the courtship. She could also be receiving hate mail from bates supporters. I would not put it past some of the crazy fans.

I also if She has been given a chance to get over the broken courtship. Its still going to hurt even if she was the one who broke it up. Work is a good way to keep your mind occupied, but, she should be given a day or two to eat ice cream, pizza and mope around in her PJ's all day.

I do hope that her parents give her a few days to rest after this incident. I was so upset when the dugars made their son get dressed up and go to church for an appearance the day after he fell through the trap door. That kid should have been in bed with a family member close by to nurse him.

I also if She has been given a chance to get over the broken courtship. Its still going to hurt even if she was the one who broke it up. Work is a good way to keep your mind occupied, but, she should be given a day or two to eat ice cream, pizza and mope around in her PJ's all day.

I doubt she'd be allowed to do this. Getting so upset over the breakup would signal that she'd given a piece of her heart away.

I don't know. Someone who passed out is completely dead weight and that is far heavier than lifting a cooperative and responsive person. EMTs, lifeguards, and other people who are expected to do this as part of their jobs have a lot of training to do it alone or with only one other person, because it is so difficult. It's also probable that these particular 6 men weren't all a bunch of young, strong men at the peak of physical fitness. It also gets harder to carry that much weight as the distance gets longer, so maybe they traded off in shifts. 6 still seems a little high, but not that high. If we assume that the average adult man can manage 40 pounds reasonably well, that already means at least 3 people carrying her.

Of course mama had to chaperone the doctor and patient...

Hopefully Mama didn' whip out her iphone and film it for a shitty tv show.

Exactly. My first thought when I read that it took 6 men to carry her was that they were being very careful not to touch defrauding areas and that meant they couldn't get a good grip (or sling her over one man's shoulders).

Is that young man their baby brother? He looked very young on the Duggar show, and now he looks like a handsome teenager.

I appreciate when people try to put a positive spin on events. However, I wonder why god didn't choose to protect Sarah BEFORE she became overheated?

I'm glad that she is all right. The southeast can be very hot and humid so it doesn't suprise me that someone performing on stage might pass out. Hopefully, her family remembers to keep well hydrated when they are performing

I wonder also why it took six men to carry her. She looks small enough for one man to pick up.

edited to add: Typically, fundies are taught to keep sweet and be cheerful, denying most of their negative emotions. I wonder if she would she have overlooked warning symptoms in order to preserve a happy outward appearance?

I doubt it. I'm a professional musician, and it takes a LOT for a performer to make the decision to leave the stage during a performance. Just last year, one of my colleagues passed out onstage in the middle of a symphony (she had the flu). She hadn't been feeling well since before the concert, but she didn't want our already skimpy section to be down another player. She kept telling herself that she could make it through to the end. Oops.

Of course mama had to chaperone the doctor and patient...

I don't find that surprising at all. She passed out- I'd want someone that I know nearby. She had never seen that doctor before, and was probably a bit out of it.

Also, growing up, children in the family were made very aware of instances where sexual abuse could happen- and yes, that included doctor's/dentist's offices. And one of the "suggestions" was to always have someone with you in the office/waiting area.

A bit over the top maybe- maybe not, since most of my cousins were subjected to abject poverty, and would have to go see whatever sleazy doctors would be on shift. I appreciate the mentality of "it could happen anywhere, anytime"-it's better than trusting some people( doctors/priests/etc) blindly.

I doubt she'd be allowed to do this. Getting so upset over the breakup would signal that she'd given a piece of her heart away.

Or she could respond the opposite way to break-ups/loss: by not eating adequately and over-exerting herself. When I'm upset about something, I try to pour myself into whatever I'm doing so I don't have to think about it. I also lose my appetite. There have been a couple occasions where this has led to severe fatigue/exhaustion.

I'd LIKE to think this is just how I am, but I know in religious communities, there is a propensity towards this. Like you said, if you mope around and eat junk after a breakup, you get A LOT of negativity from those around you about being depressed, etc....even in communities where dating is OK. However, if you eat less and make sure you are SUPER busy, you get a lot of positive feedback...especially if you claim your eating less is linked to penance/prayer (i.e. fasting). In a time like this, you need positive vibes from other people to keep you going, and if you know that this is the way to get it, chances are it is what you'll do.

I'm not saying she has an eating disorder. She can't be worse than me, and I don't consider myself to have one. I'm just saying that in most of the women I know who grew up in religious communities, this is how they respond to break ups. She could be very different, but it is possible that this is how she has responded. And, if she's eating/drinking less while working harder, she is much more likely to pass out.

Well at least they let a doctor and EMT look at her. Had this been some other fundie family they'd gather round the fallen girl and prayed for her to get up.

We played at Sally Mt. on just about the hottest weekend of the summer!!!! It was really dangerously hot and we had a close call with the heat. After our first set, in the early afternoon, Sarah came off stage and walked up the hill to our CD table. She was visiting with folks at the table when suddenly she began blacking out and almost fainted. I helped her to a bench as Mama ran over, as we realized that she had gotten overheated on stage. I cannot say “thank you!†enough to all the extremely kind people who were rushing to Sarah’s side with cold rags, ice and water. There was a Doctor and an EMT that helped tremendously. Doctor Browning had about 6 men carry Sarah into a nearby camper in the air conditioning and he stayed in there with her and Mama until he felt that her body temp was brought down. He told us that she should not go on stage again that night,…….so we found a fill in banjo player! We were really so grateful to the Lord for His protecting hand on Sarah and keeping her safe through that all.

I don't find that surprising at all. She passed out- I'd want someone that I know nearby. She had never seen that doctor before, and was probably a bit out of it.

Also, growing up, children in the family were made very aware of instances where sexual abuse could happen- and yes, that included doctor's/dentist's offices. And one of the "suggestions" was to always have someone with you in the office/waiting area.

A bit over the top maybe- maybe not, since most of my cousins were subjected to abject poverty, and would have to go see whatever sleazy doctors would be on shift. I appreciate the mentality of "it could happen anywhere, anytime"-it's better than trusting some people( doctors/priests/etc) blindly.

yeah I agree with you. I'd like someone I know to stay with me if I'm passing out and put away in a building where no one else is there but a stranger

Or she could respond the opposite way to break-ups/loss: by not eating adequately and over-exerting herself. When I'm upset about something, I try to pour myself into whatever I'm doing so I don't have to think about it. I also lose my appetite. There have been a couple occasions where this has led to severe fatigue/exhaustion.

I'd LIKE to think this is just how I am, but I know in religious communities, there is a propensity towards this. Like you said, if you mope around and eat junk after a breakup, you get A LOT of negativity from those around you about being depressed, etc....even in communities where dating is OK. However, if you eat less and make sure you are SUPER busy, you get a lot of positive feedback...especially if you claim your eating less is linked to penance/prayer (i.e. fasting). In a time like this, you need positive vibes from other people to keep you going, and if you know that this is the way to get it, chances are it is what you'll do.

I'm not saying she has an eating disorder. She can't be worse than me, and I don't consider myself to have one. I'm just saying that in most of the women I know who grew up in religious communities, this is how they respond to break ups. She could be very different, but it is possible that this is how she has responded. And, if she's eating/drinking less while working harder, she is much more likely to pass out.

My problem with working hard and not thinking about the breakup is that it leaves little time for self reflection or time to actually accept the feeling you have. Its ok to be sad about the break up, its ok to cry about it. Its ok to be angry and want to burn a piece of paper with the other persons name on it. Its unhealthy to not recognize these feeling. I know that we all deal with grief in a different way. But, you still need to accept the fact that you may have "negative" emotions and deal with them.

yeah I agree with you. I'd like someone I know to stay with me if I'm passing out and put away in a building where no one else is there but a stranger

Yes of course. Its hardly snarkworthy. My point is that it would be unthinkable for her to be left alone even for a moment. Despite the fact that she's an adult.

Not looking well?? She looks bloody possessed! Call the exorcist!

Heat-related injuries can hit fast, and if you aren't used to a certain type of heat, you probably won't even realize what's happening until it's too late.

I was born and raised in nice dry heat, and spent some time in mississippi. I passed out and gave myself a concussion. The time between feeling not so good to waking up on the concrete was less than a minute.

If they aren't hydrating enough, if she locked her knees while playing, all of these things can exacerbate the situation. I doubt it has anything to do with pushing the kids too hard or grief over a courtship I don't think she even wanted.

Archived