IGNORED

Worst human beings on reality TV

Mommy22alyns

Our little buddy is on there.

Josh Duggar (18 Kids and Counting)

Aside from being a product of the patriarchal family that raised him, Josh Duggar is a little too camera-savvy to be genuine. When he found out his wife Anna was pregnant, he waited to assemble a camera crew to tell her the news, and he slays those Today Show interviews like a pro while Anna just looks desperately to him every time she's asked a question. There's just something so slimy televangelist about him -- he's even worse than Jim Bob, and we didn't even think that was possible.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/sh ... eality.php

Apologies if this is a duplicate; you might have to scroll through the pics to reach Joshie.

I think JimBob says what he actually thinks with little decoration to it, but then I don't consider him to be intelligent enough to be subtle or underhanded about that sort of thing. Josh, on the other hand, has apparently inherited some of his mother's intelligence (imho she is clearly smarter than JB, in spite of whatever emotional situation caused her to take this route in her life). When he speaks it comes across as very self-aware, making him seem manipulative. He says exactly what he thinks will make him look good but doesn't have the acting ability to make it seem genuine. That's why I dislike Josh more. At least JB comes across as believing that what he says is truth.

I disagree that he does it like a pro, I think he sounds like a hillbilly 5th grader reading a poorly-written book report. His "speech" for Santorum was stitled and pathetic " Gay liiiife-styles..should..not..be allowed."

He's such a barf bag.

Also, why is Dim Bulb not on this list? He may not be as bad, but dammit, he belongs there.

I disagree that he does it like a pro, I think he sounds like a hillbilly 5th grader reading a poorly-written book report. His "speech" for Santorum was stitled and pathetic " Gay liiiife-styles..should..not..be allowed."

He's such a barf bag.

Also, why is Dim Bulb not on this list? He may not be as bad, but dammit, he belongs there.

I think him and Josh are on the same level of badness; if not more. He's the 1 who forced the cult's ideas and "values" down his kids throats; who couldn't even voice their own opinion of it because they might be afraid that their family would shun them. The kids don't get to choose their own belief system, and Josh is just passing down the shitty cult to his kids who now have no choice.

I think JimBob says what he actually thinks with little decoration to it, but then I don't consider him to be intelligent enough to be subtle or underhanded about that sort of thing. Josh, on the other hand, has apparently inherited some of his mother's intelligence (imho she is clearly smarter than JB, in spite of whatever emotional situation caused her to take this route in her life). When he speaks it comes across as very self-aware, making him seem manipulative. He says exactly what he thinks will make him look good but doesn't have the acting ability to make it seem genuine. That's why I dislike Josh more. At least JB comes across as believing that what he says is truth.

I totally agree, there's just something underhanded and manipulative with him. Almost like how an abuser just looks and seems too happy, smug and 'perfect' on the outside, then you find out 5 years later he was a wife beater. (yeah freely admit I'm reading too much into that right now! But just something that rings a bell with me after a personal experience.)

He clearly loves to stir the pot, as we've seen on his instragram etc. He seems to just take any attention, especially negative and revel in it! Seeing himself as the Martyr and 'champion' for Christ. I almost want to say he is a sociopath.

I think Jim-Bob has his charms in his way. He seems to at least show emotion and genuine care, unlike smugs. Who I haven't seen show any real emotion.

I wish they would add Kate Gosselin to that list. She fleeced more then a few churches asking for donations while in the process of purchasing a mcmansion.

They shouldn't have included Farrah...yea, she's a bit spoiled, whiny, mean, and disrespectful sometimes, but she's a saint compared to Amber and Jenelle from the same show ( yea, Jenelle is from Teen Mom 2, but in a way it's pretty much the same show as Teen Mom ). Farrah never hit anyone, cussed out anyone ( by cussed I mean that everyone second word is a curse word ), smoke pot, or got arrested. She's more responsible compared to Amber and Jenelle.

I wish they would add Kate Gosselin to that list. She fleeced more then a few churches asking for donations while in the process of purchasing a mcmansion.

In fairness, Khate isn't on TV anymore. She's a has-been. Now, if it had been worst human beings past and present... yeah

And I don't get the Farrah hate either. Janelle and Amber are so much worse. She has a mouth, that's for damn sure, but I don't blame her. I think her mother is a manipulative, bipolar royal crazypants. I grew up in a similar circumstance. I think Farrah is a saint for still having a relationship with them.

They should have also included the following statement regarding Smuugar: He thinks that because he grew up in a bubble, was homeschooled, and refrained from physical touching, he thinks he's God and knows the meaning of life and secrets to a successful marriage (even though, he's been married for 4 years).

They should have also included the following statement regarding Smuugar: He thinks that because he grew up in a bubble, was homeschooled, and refrained from physical touching, he thinks he's God and knows the meaning of life and secrets to a successful marriage (even though, he's been married for 4 years).

Preach :pray:

Is this new? Just asking because I know he made the list last year and I don't know when they post the polls.

Two years in a row would be fucking awesome considering I never vote in TWOP's Awards, whatever they call them.

Didn't Yahoo! even have feature him in one article for "worst reality tv stars" last year or earlier this year? I know a bunch of critics posted on his twitter about that and ended up going on a blocking spree. Ah, the truth hurts, Smuggar, doesn't it? :)

I could go on a rampage a mile long about her bullshit "we need donations" speech. But I'll refrain. IIRC she did make it to a "worse reality tv stars of all time" list.

Didn't Yahoo! even have feature him in one article for "worst reality tv stars" last year or earlier this year? I know a bunch of critics posted on his twitter about that and ended up going on a blocking spree. Ah, the truth hurts, Smuggar, doesn't it? :)

Yup it was TWOP/Yahoo list in which he was voted on the list.

I completely agree that Kate is a vile human being and needs to be seriously investigated by Child Services. However, I think Smuggar is in a whole other "Horrible Person" category because he tries to push his lifestyle on others as the only way to live a good/proper life and will use whatever means necessary to make it legal (i.e. getting involved in politics).

I completely agree that Kate is a vile human being and needs to be seriously investigated by Child Services. However, I think Smuggar is in a whole other "Horrible Person" category because he tries to push his lifestyle on others as the only way to live a good/proper life and will use whatever means necessary to make it legal (i.e. getting involved in politics).

I agree with this.

Well said. :clap:

As stupid as the shit Jim Bob spouts is, he really is a believer and really does think he's doing what is best for his family. I've noticed that a lot of the press the Duggars get seems to focus on Michelle. Even in the show she gets a talking head for almost every scene, and if anyone else gets one, she's still shown first. She's a manipulative attention whore and Josh wants to be just like her. I agree that he just doesn't have the intelligence or acting ability. And for some reason his writing style is very similar to that of a man twice his age. That's unrelated, but yeah, it bugs me. I really think Michelle was the one who roped Jim Bob into Gothardism, not the other way around. Because every time I hear that "seeing the light and having 19 kids, give or take" it always sounds to me like it was Michelle who discovered it, not Jim Bob. I bet a few years from now Josh will claim that while his parents raised him right, the real world brought on a lot of temptations for him, he drank/cheated/smoked weed/etc. and then he cleaned himself up and got even deeper into Gothardism. This will, of course, be after the show ends and may coincide with the birth of #3, or #4.

As for the Teen Moms (on 1 and 2), Amber is the worst of the lot. It's possible to feel some sympathy, somewhere, for Jenelle, but I can't stand Amber because of how abusive she is. I don't get the Farrah hate either. Really, she isn't anywhere near as bad as Amber or Jenelle.

Also, 100% agreed on Khate.

As stupid as the shit Jim Bob spouts is, he really is a believer and really does think he's doing what is best for his family. I've noticed that a lot of the press the Duggars get seems to focus on Michelle. Even in the show she gets a talking head for almost every scene, and if anyone else gets one, she's still shown first. She's a manipulative attention whore and Josh wants to be just like her. I agree that he just doesn't have the intelligence or acting ability. And for some reason his writing style is very similar to that of a man twice his age. That's unrelated, but yeah, it bugs me. I really think Michelle was the one who roped Jim Bob into Gothardism, not the other way around. Because every time I hear that "seeing the light and having 19 kids, give or take" it always sounds to me like it was Michelle who discovered it, not Jim Bob. I bet a few years from now Josh will claim that while his parents raised him right, the real world brought on a lot of temptations for him, he drank/cheated/smoked weed/etc. and then he cleaned himself up and got even deeper into Gothardism. This will, of course, be after the show ends and may coincide with the birth of #3, or #4.

As for the Teen Moms (on 1 and 2), Amber is the worst of the lot. It's possible to feel some sympathy, somewhere, for Jenelle, but I can't stand Amber because of how abusive she is. I don't get the Farrah hate either. Really, she isn't anywhere near as bad as Amber or Jenelle.

I agree 100% with what you said! Jim Bob may not be very bright but he genuinely cares for his family and wants to do the best by them. Michelle-eh not so much. I think the most telling of this is when Josie was being born Jim Bob looked to be on the verge of tears and was clearly very concerned for his wife and child. On the other hand when one of the kids fell through that church trap door Michelle wasn't concerned about anything other catching it on camera.

I'm not a huge Farrah fan, but I don't get the hate for her either.

In fairness, Khate isn't on TV anymore. She's a has-been. Now, if it had been worst human beings past and present... yeah

And I don't get the Farrah hate either. Janelle and Amber are so much worse. She has a mouth, that's for damn sure, but I don't blame her. I think her mother is a manipulative, bipolar royal crazypants. I grew up in a similar circumstance. I think Farrah is a saint for still having a relationship with them.

I would agree with this for the most part, but that last season she showed actual human growth and maturity as well as very real emotional responses to the losses she was experiencing, while Jon revealed the complete opposite... he drew away emotionally and often treated it like it was no big deal. So I think people take her with a grain of salt because, I mean, she was pretty outright horrible for most of the seasons, but she appeared to be changing by the end.

I really think Michelle was the one who roped Jim Bob into Gothardism, not the other way around. Because every time I hear that "seeing the light and having 19 kids, give or take" it always sounds to me like it was Michelle who discovered it, not Jim Bob.

Yeah, I think you might be right here, too... I remember one time they were discussing their initial plans for the family. It was Michelle who said "I don't think we planned on having a big family... we thought we'd have maybe two or three..." then she looked at JB and said, "Maybe four."

It was all coming from her. He had no input whatsoever on the matter. So while he is in the 'headship' position and she is the meek and submissive wife, I have this weird feeling that most of that is for show and that Michelle has a lot more influence on what goes on in their lives than JB does. Again I think that's largely because she is smarter than JB, and as others have pointed out he was rather dorky while she was a beautiful and popular cheerleader in school. I think he lets her make the final decisions in a lot of matters because he still feels so grateful and amazed that he got to marry her. (Also comes to mind is when they voted on Jordyn's name, and they had a vote even though JB was clearly saying 'I like Julie'. He could have just left it at that but Michelle seemed to think a vote was a good idea, so that's what they did.)

Archived