IGNORED

Lori Alexander: The Fan of God Fearing Families

Lori "Nitwit" Alexander blogs about the Bates and their upcoming show.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/god-fearing-families.html#idc-container

She also shits on small families and makes dumb ass generalization in her posting.

I am happy they are on television. The stereotypical American family today is two children who argue all the time. Parents {if there are two of them which is getting more uncommon} that argue and complain. All they pursue is more stuff and time alone on their iPad, computer, or television.

I think America needs a lot more families like the Bates and the Duggers than the Kardashians and Housewives shows. I wish I had families like this that were a strong, godly model for me when I was younger. I was fed the lie that I should use birth control and try controlling my life and circumstances as much as possible instead of working hard, loving others, and trusting God.

I don't think the Bateses or Duggars are any better than Kardashians. Boob and Mullet are greedy famewhores like Kris Jenner.

Does Lori even know any 2 kid families? Additionally, doesn't she only have 4 kids? And why does she think smaller families don't work as a team, don't put each other first? She's an idiot. The Duggars and Bates are barely adequate parents who wouldn't know how to properly encourage and support their children if their lives depended on it. Of course, they may be better than the actively abusive Lori and her spawn. She really needs to just STFU already.

Lori said somewhere on her blog that she wanted more kids, but stopped after 4 because of health problems. She probably does know small families and from the postings about her extended family it looks like they only have 2-4 kids.

Lori said somewhere on her blog that she wanted more kids, but stopped after 4 because of health problems. She probably does know small families and from the postings about her extended family it looks like they only have 2-4 kids.
So it's ok for her to decide how many kids are enough but if the rest of us are being sinful if we do it? And if she knows small families, she has to know she's lying about their dynamics.

Dude, STFU Lori, the Kardashian/Jenner clan have MOAR kids than you!

Yeah, but in Lori's eyes the Kardashians/Jenners are heathens because both Kris and Bruce were previously married to other people.

Lori is lying about the dynamics of small families. I also wonder if she even knows any families with 5 kids or more. She has made a dumb post about affording large families.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/affording-lots-of-children.html#idc-container

I think if Lori did have more than 4 kids, she would probably be miserable. She has been pampered her whole life and she clearly likes certain expensive things like trips. If she had a larger family, she and Ken might not have had the money to support a large family and still do nice things.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? Most families fall somewhere between the Kardashians and the Duggars.

As to the idea that it is better to have more kids because 2 kids fight, that's a strange idea to me. Guess what, 3 kids fight, 4 kids fight, etc. You plan your family around what you can afford, not whether or not they will fight. And one good thing about having only one sibling, especially one close in age, you often have to play with one another because that is the only person available. My brother and I had to play in the car as we drove around the United States during vacation, we had to play with each when it was a rainy Saturday and we were stuck inside, we had to play with one another when we were both sick. Sure we fought, but we made up quick so we could get back to playing.

I'm looking at the comments now and I'm a bit surprised Lori allowed this comment to be posted. The commenter seems to be a bit concerned for the Duggar kids.

Fran 20 hours ago

Lori, I do hope you are feeling better physically and your pain is better. I have been too busy with work and family to comment much in the last month, but every post you have written has been a blessing to me. I, too, enjoy watching the Duggars. Michelle is so genuinely sweet and joyful. I think that with so many other dysfunctional families on TV, it is nice to see a Christian family in the mix. If a family is going to choose to put their families and personal lives on TV, I think the Duggars are doing it in the best way possible. But I do have reservations about any child being filmed and their lives put out to the public when they are not old enough to fully understand the possible consequences. This doesn't stop me from watching the Duggars, and I do think God is using this family for good, but my legal brain can't help but feel a bit hesitant when parents put their children and private family moments on TV for compensation.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? Most families fall somewhere between the Kardashians and the Duggars.

As to the idea that it is better to have more kids because 2 kids fight, that's a strange idea to me. Guess what, 3 kids fight, 4 kids fight, etc. You plan your family around what you can afford, not whether or not they will fight. And one good thing about having only one sibling, especially one close in age, you often have to play with one another because that is the only person available. My brother and I had to play in the car as we drove around the United States during vacation, we had to play with each when it was a rainy Saturday and we were stuck inside, we had to play with one another when we were both sick. Sure we fought, but we made up quick so we could get back to playing.

Yeah I don't get it either. I have 8 siblings ranging from 44 to 26, and I'm turning 21 next month, and guess what? We still fight! There's always someone who isn't on speaking terms with someone else. :lol:

Yeah I don't get it either. I have 8 siblings ranging from 44 to 26, and I'm turning 21 next month, and guess what? We still fight! There's always someone who isn't on speaking terms with someone else. :lol:

My brother and I (just the two of us) never really fought much as kids and we certainly don't now. However, my husband, one of 3, has been carrying on a protracted fight by text with his brother all morning!

I was always fighting with my brothers, being the only girl i gave as good as i got too! My dad used to say that i was the toughest of all four. But we still love each other even though we dont see each other much, two of them now live overseas.

I don't think the Bateses or Duggars are any better than Kardashians. Boob and Mullet are greedy famewhores like Kris Jenner.

Yeah, I can't stand the Kardashians, but at least they don't act all holier than thou while they're famewhoring the way the Duggars do.

The Duggar kids probably do fight, but TLC just never shows it. TLC cherry picked the Duggars to be the reality show family that always seems happy. Lori falls into the category of Duggar fans that don't know or realize that "reality TV" is manipulated behind the scenes. I didn't care for Jon and Kate, but at least they both admitted several times throughout their show that having a big family wasn't always pleasant. The Roloffs had their scandals, but at least Matt and Amy admitted that their kids weren't perfect. If I had to choose between having coffee with Michelle or Amy, I would go with Amy. I have watched some episodes of Long Island Medium. I do think Theresa is a phony medium, but I like her and her family. TLC clearly stages some of Theresa's readings, but the parts that have nothing to do with readings don't seem staged. When Theresa and Larry clashed over getting Victoria a car, nothing seemed staged.

The Duggar kids probably do fight, but TLC just never shows it. TLC cherry picked the Duggars to be the reality show family that always seems happy. Lori falls into the category of Duggar fans that don't know or realize that "reality TV" is manipulated behind the scenes. I didn't care for Jon and Kate, but at least they both admitted several times throughout their show that having a big family wasn't always pleasant. The Roloffs had their scandals, but at least Matt and Amy admitted that their kids weren't perfect. If I had to choose between having coffee with Michelle or Amy, I would go with Amy. I have watched some episodes of Long Island Medium. I do think Theresa is a phony medium, but I like her and her family. TLC clearly stages some of Theresa's readings, but when the parts that have nothing to do with readings don't seem staged. When Theresa and Larry clashed over getting Victoria a car, nothing seemed staged.

The main reason I never did become a regular fan of the Duggars (before I became a student of fundie culture) was the lack of sincerity I got from them. They felt more like cutouts from a hallmark card than an actual real family

The Duggar kids probably do fight, but TLC just never shows it. TLC cherry picked the Duggars to be the reality show family that always seems happy. Lori falls into the category of Duggar fans that don't know or realize that "reality TV" is manipulated behind the scenes. I didn't care for Jon and Kate, but at least they both admitted several times throughout their show that having a big family wasn't always pleasant. The Roloffs had their scandals, but at least Matt and Amy admitted that their kids weren't perfect. If I had to choose between having coffee with Michelle or Amy, I would go with Amy. I have watched some episodes of Long Island Medium. I do think Theresa is a phony medium, but I like her and her family. TLC clearly stages some of Theresa's readings, but when the parts that have nothing to do with readings don't seem staged. When Theresa and Larry clashed over getting Victoria a car, nothing seemed staged.

The main reason I never did become a regular fan of the Duggars (before I became a student of fundie culture) was the lack of sincerity I got from them. They felt more like cutouts from a hallmark card than an actual real family

In the pre-series documentaries, I thought something seemed off with Michelle, but back then I thought the Duggars were ok. When their series started, I also noticed the lack of sincerity and how Boob and some of the kids seemed off. The Duggars show premiered in 2008, and in the two years previous I had been watching Little People, Big World and the Roloffs didn't give off the huge phony vibe that the Duggars did. The Roloffs did hide some of their beliefs on camera, they hide their affiliations with a controversial pastor and they also hide some of their political beliefs. But the Roloffs were always more real than the Duggars. The Duggars do act like a Hallmark card family on camera. I bet TLC has footage of the kids fighting or even footage of Boob or Mullet fighting, but we will never see it. I also think the Duggars do act a bit differently when cameras are on them, they have gone to Gothard events, but they never say the words Gothard or ATI. I remember last year in one of the episodes, either Jessa or Jinger had trouble getting Hannie to take a nap and I got the vibe from that part that if cameras hadn't been around a spanking would have happened. I believe that the J'Slaves and possibly Josh and John David do spank their younger siblings, but when cameras are around, they don't. We all know if TLC showed footage of spankings, that would probably give Lori a boner.

So... siblings have never fought, ever, until the 2000s?

Wow, my mom and her 4 siblings were way ahead of their time.

Edit: And if you want a REALLY old-school example, Queen Mary I and Queen Elizabeth I of England. They hardly got along, and they weren't on the best terms with their little brother, King Edward VI.

So... siblings have never fought, ever, until the 2000s?

Wow, my mom and her 4 siblings were way ahead of their time.

Edit: And if you want a REALLY old-school example, Queen Mary I and Queen Elizabeth I of England. They hardly got along, and they weren't on the best terms with their little brother, King Edward VI.

Mary and Elizabeth fought because they had different mothers. Their home lacked the "traditional" two parents with a god centered life style. This only proves her point. :roll:

What about single families where the parent died? What then? I'm certainly not a duggar family but I'm certainly not a fucking kardashian either. The kardashians and housewives may not act like their holier than thou religiously, but they certainly flaunt "their" money and act better than everyone else because of it. So really, the duggars/bates are no better than the kardashians/housewives. Seriously.

And ya know, plenty of women experience second infertility. They have one child and then become infertile. Some people who actually breastfeed their children and naturally space children (bc j'chelle loves to wean early to regain her fertility) will not ovulate for close to two years after baby is born, spacing children nearly three years apart. Lori is so fucking judgmental. But we already knew that.

Mary and Elizabeth fought because they had different mothers. Their home lacked the "traditional" two parents with a god centered life style. This only proves her point. :roll:

What about single families where the parent died? What then? I'm certainly not a duggar family but I'm certainly not a fucking kardashian either. The kardashians and housewives may not act like their holier than thou religiously, but they certainly flaunt "their" money and act better than everyone else because of it. So really, the duggars/bates are no better than the kardashians/housewives. Seriously.

And ya know, plenty of women experience second infertility. They have one child and then become infertile. Some people who actually breastfeed their children and naturally space children (bc j'chelle loves to wean early to regain her fertility) will not ovulate for close to two years after baby is born, spacing children nearly three years apart. Lori is so fucking judgmental. But we already knew that.

I think is what bugs a lot of people about the Kardashians and the Housewives families. The Kardashians have tried to downplay their pampered lifestyles and Kris keeps claiming that her daughters have never been spoiled and that they always had to work for everything. I think the girls seem to be ok businesswomen, but the main reason they have businesses is because of their dad's wealth and his connections. I remember reading about rumors on some website that Khloe, Kim, and Kourtney aren't heavily involved in the businesses as they claim they are, it reminded me a bit of Josh Duggar.

Archived