IGNORED

No, it's not quite a repeat! 19 Kids...this week

IReallyAmHopewell

"Duggar Dental Drama

TV-PG

Jessa, Jinger, Joseph and Josh all go under the knife for wisdom teeth extractions -- on the same day. But when Josh and Joseph miss a crucial step in preparing for the surgery, they become the ones who need a little wisdom."

Let me guess? They hurl half-digested ramen noodles all over the dentist's office??

Please--this will be THREE dentist episodes. As for Josh, I'm sure Joshie-Girl will "make hims all besser" when he gets home, but the other 3....they'll be left to fend for themselves!

And, I bet we'll see Michelle "taking care of" her own little children (with ONLY Grandma, Joy Ann, Jill and Jana to "help").

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of them at one time? I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was in my early thirties. I must have been a late bloomer. LOL

ouch! i had mine out when i was 19, but i only had three for some reason. the result of course was that one cheek looked like "chipmunk" and the other cheek looked like "obese chipmunk". i wasn't in any pain, though, because every four hours i'd pop either a vicodin or a 800mg ibuprofen. i know some people go back to work the next day, but i needed a week to recover.

*edit* yay, i'm a tator tot!

I had mine out when I was 16 - long before they ever became a problem. It's possible all of the kids would need them out eventually, so JimBob decided they should do it all at once. It's also possible Sean said, "OMG! We're running out of ideas!" and the dentist offered a discount on multiple surgeries in exchange for appearing on the show.

I hope they enjoy the pain meds, since it will be the closest any of them ever get to being drunk or high.

I had all four out at once when I was in college ("Do it while you're still on our insurance!" my wise parents said). I had to hole up in my apartment all spring break with ginormous bruises all over my neck, and my face swollen up to twice its normal size.

When I finally went for a walk towards the end of the week, I got hit on by a creepy artist dude. I accepted a date with him because my self-esteem was so low from being isolated an entire week with my post-surgery carnage-face and eating way too much ice cream. I ended up walking out in the middle of the date because he was just that creepy. So I felt better eventually, thanks for letting me share. :lol:

LOL!

My wisdom teeth have never come in. Woot!

I guess Sean is trying to end the show. Who wants to watch 4 people have mouth surgery?

Wisdom teeth can sometimes be taken out early or held for later-- some kids need it earlier, some people are late bloomers, and some people don't need them out at all.

I really doubt Boob would let his kids have vicodin. They probably got prescription strength ibuprofen or something.

Mine grew in, in full and weren't impacted. I got one pulled out last month and it was cake. They literally just froze my mouth and yanked it out with little pliars, easy peasy. It was little sore after but it stopped bleeding in no time and healed up nicely. Sadly I likely will watch, it's on after Pretty Little Liars (different channel) and there's nothing else on.

I never had any wisdom teeth at all. Winning!

So does this mean they are paying for Josh sometimes? As an adult who left the family, I'm surprised he is included.

So does this mean they are paying for Josh sometimes?

Even with "leave and cleave" he can still be included in his parents coverage...thanks (teeheeehee) to Obamacare!

So does this mean they are paying for Josh sometimes? As an adult who left the family, I'm surprised he is included.

Oh,yeah. "Leave and cleave" strikes again!

Isn't it ironic that the Obamacare they were so against actually works to their advantage? Kids continue to be covered until 26, no questions asked or pesky proof of enrollment in a college or university. Not sure if that extends to dental, though- I had to send enrollment info to get DD's checkup and cleaning covered last week.

Isn't it ironic that the Obamacare they were so against actually works to their advantage? Kids continue to be covered until 26, no questions asked or pesky proof of enrollment in a college or university. Not sure if that extends to dental, though- I had to send enrollment info to get DD's checkup and cleaning covered last week.

Is that in effect yet? Because my insurance will cover me until I'm 26, but only if I'm enrolled full-time in school. And they CONSTANTLY bug me for evidence that I'm enrolled in school, as they seem to magically lose the three thousand copies of my tuition bills, class schedule, and other documents I send them just about every month.

I'm not an expert on Obamacare but I would think that Joshie could be included on his parents' insurance ONLY if he's also listed as a dependent on their federal income tax.

I had one wisdom tooth removed when I was 15. The only one, and it needed out because it was growing backwards and drilling a hole through my jaw. Fun. I remember barfing all the way home from the hospital because of the meds.

I bet Josh thinks wisdom comes in a booklet.

Wow. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel for material if this is the third dentist episode. This show is on it's way out. I seriously wonder what viewers find so damn interesting about this family. Yeah, the first special was interesting (kind of like looking at a car crash on the freeway), but it's just gotten tired and old now. They do the same things over and over again. Their lives really aren't all that interesting.

Even with "leave and cleave" he can still be included in his parents coverage...thanks (teeheeehee) to Obamacare!

I think that is only if you are single. Michelle Bachman said in one of those "Mama Grizzly's" videos that was put out last year that one of the reasons why Obama's HC plan sucks is because kids are able to stay on their parents insurance till they are 26 and will put off marriage because of that. :lol: Which is stupid because most kids have been putting off marriage till their late twenties for a while now. That's why the average age people get married now is like 27 or 28.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed when I was 15, because my dentist suggested I have it done before they became a problem. I had braces earlier in my teens, so my parents had no problem agreeing with the dentist. I did miss almost a week of school since 2 of those teeth were impacted and had to be surgically removed. The only thing I really remember was nearly passing out on the way to the bathroom because I was so dizzy from the anesthesia after I got home. My brother's the lucky one who got to keep his wisdom teeth, and they have never caused him any problems. In my case, I had braces earlier in my teens, so my parents agreed with the dentist on having the wisdom teeth removed because they didn't want the impacted ones to ruin the effect of the braces. I think that since some of the Duggars have had or do have braces, that it could be one reason why they're getting those teeth removed.

I think that is only if you are single. Michelle Bachman said in one of those "Mama Grizzly's" videos that was put out last year that one of the reasons why Obama's HC plan sucks is because kids are able to stay on their parents insurance till they are 26 and will put off marriage because of that. :lol: Which is stupid because most kids have been putting off marriage till their late twenties for a while now. That's why the average age people get married now is like 27 or 28.

michelle bachman is out of touch with the real world

Is that in effect yet? Because my insurance will cover me until I'm 26, but only if I'm enrolled full-time in school. And they CONSTANTLY bug me for evidence that I'm enrolled in school, as they seem to magically lose the three thousand copies of my tuition bills, class schedule, and other documents I send them just about every month.

I think that went into effect last September.

I think that went into affect last September.

In that case, I'll remind them next time they pull some "Oh, we don't have proof of enrollment so we can't cover you" BS.

Not to mention, parents aren't being forced to cover their kids, right? I know a few kids from high school whose parents cut them off and removed them from their insurance policy after we graduated because they didn't "need to take care of them anymore."

Plus, since when is getting married early always a good thing? There are a lot of people out there who would probably benefit, or would have benefited, from waiting a bit to get married.

I had all 4 wisdome teeth pulled at 16 that were growing in under my 12 years and causing my jaw to lock up. My lovely surgen decided to pull mine out without waiting for the pain killer to kick in, so I think they could hear my screams as far away as Kansas. He also wouldn't give me any form of pain killer after as he said teens recover fast enough not to need it. My mother who was at work during the surgery called him up the next day and told him that his parents were never married and that he was going to pay for the after hours ER bill for my fainting and dry socket that happened the same evening. My face was so swollen that I couldn't even open my eyes at all for a week, so I have no idea what crudy baby food my mom fed me during that time but it was gross.

Navypuglover had his taken out in boot camp and teenpuglover had his taken out over Christmas break. They gave him an IV to knock him out and after the surgery gave a pint of his favorite ice cream to eat on the way home. He says he doesn't remember anything from the time of me leaning in to kiss his cheek to throwing up all over me at home. The little snot had tried to insist that he could drive home and kept telling the nurse that I wasn't him mom but his older sister. Then he tried hitting on the Hell's Angle next to us at the stop light saying he liked ladies who could ride horses and and carry a goose at the same time. :roll: Thankfully he was drooling and the biker just laughed.

I wonder if we will be forced to see the kids higher than a kite or hurting so bad they are crying? Some things just shouldn't be sold out for the almighty dollar, and when your kid is hurting is just that.

Now to go as Collegepuglover if he had his wisdom teeth taken out or if I'm remembering something else.

My mother who was at work during the surgery called him up the next day and told him that his parents were never married

quick question, why was that relevant?

i'm lucky i never threw up at all. and i ate pudding the whole time. :D

quick question, why was that relevant?

Because the doctor never gave any pain killers during or after removing 4 impacted wisdom teeth. Wouldn't you be over the top angry if you found out that when your child had surgery nothing was given to stop the pain of the knife cutting her gums open? Not even a baby asprin? Nothing, nada, not even a focal point for the pain. So that is why. Not that his parents weren't married but because he was a bastard for doing that.

We changed insurance last October. I called to ask if they needed proof of enrollment for my daughter and son, and I was told that as long as they were under 26, they were covered- in school or not.

In that case, I'll remind them next time they pull some "Oh, we don't have proof of enrollment so we can't cover you" BS.

Not to mention, parents aren't being forced to cover their kids, right? I know a few kids from high school whose parents cut them off and removed them from their insurance policy after we graduated because they didn't "need to take care of them anymore."

Plus, since when is getting married early always a good thing? There are a lot of people out there who would probably benefit, or would have benefited, from waiting a bit to get married.

Fundies like Bachmann want kids to get married early so they can maximize how many kids they have. And no. Parents are not forced into having their kids covered. It's their choice if they want their kids on their policy or not.

Archived