IGNORED

No, it's not quite a repeat! 19 Kids...this week

IReallyAmHopewell

I wouldn't think that sweet tea would be bad (other than the taste). I'll give him a pass.

I still have my wisdom teeth, so i must have a big mouth like JB.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't think that sweet tea would be bad (other than the taste). I'll give him a pass.

I still have my wisdom teeth, so i must have a big mouth like JB.

the instructions say specifically to not eat or drink anything other than water. no pass from me.

Am I the only one but I do not see the Josh and Anna marriage as one that will go the distance. He is getting too fat, lazy, and inconsiderate. If he continues to make comments bordering on verbally abusive, slips into mental illness or cheats, Anna might get the strength to leave. Jim-Bob is no saint but he is not lazy and the disfunction he has with Michelle works for them.

It sounds like their dentist didn't even want them having water before, so those are the instructions he should have followed.

Verbal abuse doesn't exist in fundyism/ATI-land. It's all valid communication. (But only if it's the husband doing the talking).

I am referring to Josh and Anna.I just don't recall a conversation that could be considered abusive-cloying,insipid,even patronizing but I don't think you should call some one abusive when their is not any evidence.

I just flipped past this episode and caught J-Boob saying something about how his mouth was so huge his just grew right in. *cough*

I'm getting all four of mine out in exactly a week. I have a very small mouth (there can't be more than a few mm of space behind my 12 year molars) so they're ALL impacted and I'm getting all four surgically removed in one go. Not a good day for someone who's terrified of medical procedures in general. Definitely not watching a bunch of Duggarspawn do the same thing. :hand:

It sounds like their dentist didn't even want them having water before, so those are the instructions he should have followed.

These instructions have to do with the anaesthaesia. My surgeon told me I'm not allowed to eat or drink for 6 hours before the surgery. I think it has something to do with not reflexively vomiting and choking yourself?

My son had his wisdom teeth out a couple of months ago by the exact same surgeon.

eta: For some reason he didn't swell up and only took Tylenol immediately after the surgery, AND he had no pain on the second day at all. Nothing they predicted happened. It was incredible.

Jana looks like she has lost weight you can definitely see it in her face. I love how Jessa was so dressed up for the dentist, but jinger was rocking out a hoodie. When I had my wisdom teeth out I wore my pajamas.

I guess despite having that apple corer, peeler and slicer thingie, Ma Duggar doesn't make applesauce all that often; judging from the kid's reactions.

Did anyone else notice the eleventy-seven Red Baron pizzas that they did buy?

I guess despite having that apple corer, peeler and slicer thingie, Ma Duggar doesn't make applesauce all that often; judging from the kid's reactions.

They bought Jello as well.

Am I the only one but I do not see the Josh and Anna marriage as one that will go the distance. He is getting too fat, lazy, and inconsiderate. If he continues to make comments bordering on verbally abusive, slips into mental illness or cheats, Anna might get the strength to leave. Jim-Bob is no saint but he is not lazy and the disfunction he has with Michelle works for them.

Josh is the perfect Patriarch. The world revolves around him. He's exactly the type of man this lifestyle was meant to produce. Whether Anna will put up with it or not, only time will tell.

I just flipped past this episode and caught J-Boob saying something about how his mouth was so huge his just grew right in. *cough*

I'm getting all four of mine out in exactly a week. I have a very small mouth (there can't be more than a few mm of space behind my 12 year molars) so they're ALL impacted and I'm getting all four surgically removed in one go. Not a good day for someone who's terrified of medical procedures in general. Definitely not watching a bunch of Duggarspawn do the same thing. :hand:

You'll be fine! I got three of my four out at once when I was 23 or 24 - the fourth one is still in there because it's on the top and UPSIDE DOWN, and too close to my sinus cavities so they didn't want to mess with it. It shouldn't move or do anything anyway. Anyway, I was absolutely terrified leading up to my surgery, but it was seriously one of the easiest procedures I've ever had done (and I'm a pretty big baby). Here's a list of tips I received, and ones I learned on my own:

*They don't want you to eat beforehand for the anesthesia, yeah. Not really because of choking, but because - ew, who wants to vomit when they've had work done on their mouth? Just the same, the anesthesia might upset your stomach (or the nerves might, too) - but instead of vomiting, hopefully it goes in the other direction, if you catch my meaning.

*Follow all instructions to the letter and then be extra careful for good measure. You don't want to disturb the area before it's done healing. No straws, no milkshakes where you actually have to WORK at sucking for two weeks, just in case. Some people feel absolutely fine after their surgery - which is good! But then they get carried away and eat stuff they shouldn't - not so good.

*For the first 24-48 hours, you'll probably be so doped up you won't want to eat/care about eating. But you don't want to starve. So take my advice and get something like this: http://www.boost.com/nutritional-drinks/boost-plus These were a life-saver. Go for the chocolate.

*Not only will you need someone to take you home, you might want someone to manage the alternating cold/hot packs - the anesthesia made me just want to sleep, but doing the hot/cold thing helps minimize swelling. You probably CAN do it alone, but it's easier to just sleep and let someone else worry about it. It's not hard for anyone else - just be present in the house, set a timer, do the microwave/freezer, shake you awake long enough to switch it out, back to dreamland.

*The pain really wasn't a problem - I think I used the prescribed Vicodin for maybe the first 24-48 hours, then I switched to Aleve. I might not have even needed the strong meds as long as I did, but I didn't want it to *start* hurting. However, I remember what bothered me was that for the first few weeks I sort of had indents in my mouth, and like any major procedure, in the first few weeks afterward you feel like you'll *never* feel totally back to normal, you'll never feel the same. Trust me, you will, it just takes a little time.

*Don't freak out if you cry. It's not uncommon for people, when they wake up from the anesthesia, to repeat themselves over and over, usually about whatever they were thinking about before they went under. I was apparently so nervous about this procedure that when I woke up, even though I felt fine, tears kept gushing down my face. Nurse claims it happens all the time. (In contrast, when I was kid and had my tonsils out, when I woke up I asked any and everyone if I was snoring, over and over again).

*But seriously? In terms of medical procedures, it had very little pain and side effects (just a few days of sleeping) and the benefits are large, especially if you've had pain or headaches from the teeth coming in. You'll do great!

*Don't freak out if you cry. It's not uncommon for people, when they wake up from the anesthesia, to repeat themselves over and over, usually about whatever they were thinking about before they went under. I was apparently so nervous about this procedure that when I woke up, even though I felt fine, tears kept gushing down my face. Nurse claims it happens all the time. (In contrast, when I was kid and had my tonsils out, when I woke up I asked any and everyone if I was snoring, over and over again).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YUP, that was me. I woke up crying about my teeth. I was sitting there in the wheel chair while the nurse was giving my husband discharge info. He was freaked out by my crying and the nurse barely even looked over at me and said "They always cry and obsess over something." Then went back to explaing the discharge info.

Lucky for me I have never had wisdom teeth and still don't have them. My mouth is so tiny that I doubt there would be room for them at all. Maybe they won't show up and I'll be spared entirely. The episode overall was pretty yawn for me. What would have made it interesting is if Josh had had it done on the toilet. :lol: That would have made my day. perhaps a massive kidney stone will happen and it will be even better. :pray:

LOl Lassie, no you don't. My husband has a ginormous one in his one remaining kidney and they have to, well, you don't want to know. Quick Q about dry socket. If the gum is stitched up, how can the clot come out? Anyone?

Am I the only one but I do not see the Josh and Anna marriage as one that will go the distance.

Maybe I'm the only one betting on an iron-clad prenup!

I don't think Anna sees him the same way viewers do, or if she does she's taken a vow to "love the one she married"--not marry the one you love.

In defense of all of those who take some time to recover from wisdom teeth extraction...all wisdom teeth extractions are NOT the same. DH's were all fully exposed. He was sore for a couple of days, stuck to soft food for about 3 days, but not bad. Mine, on the other hand, were all impacted and covered by bone. My face was so swollen I couldn't wear glasses (forget about putting contacts in) for a week. My eye sockets were black and blue, as was my jaw. I had to sleep sitting up because the swelling was so bad. And, finally, it was 15 days before my teeth touched together (top to bottom) even a little bit. The manager at the restaurant I was working at wanted to fire me because he thought I was being lazy (not that I got paid for sick days); finally my dad took a photo of me (in the old days, with film and developing) over to him and that finally shut him up.

Not to scare anyone, the surgeon said mine were about the worst he'd ever seen. But it can and does happen. Damn if the only small thing on me isn't my mouth (and the only thin thing my hair).

Maybe I'm the only one betting on an iron-clad prenup!

I don't think Anna sees him the same way viewers do, or if she does she's taken a vow to "love the one she married"--not marry the one you love.

Eh, this is what happens when you have chaperons who follow you wherever you go and jump to marriage too early--you learn things about them when it's "too late". They were both 20 and early in love--at that moment, you see nothing wrong and everything is nothing but rainbows and candies plus, they had chaperons so how are you suppose to get to know your future husband or wife if you have your siblings watching your every move? I'm sure Anna didn't see any of this at first but then as time went by, she got to know the real Josh.

I know people make mistakes and forget to not follow rules for certain things but we've seen Josh do so many things in which he thinks the world revolves around him. Remember when he had to take Anna to her doctor's appointment? Plus, I've noticed he does absolutely NOTHING around the house (Except the occasional diaper changing--yeah, real thoughtful, Josh). When they were heading to the airpot to go to Florida, Anna was struggling with the luggage and the baby, when they were leaving their home to go to the airport, right as when Anna was out of the house, Josh tells her to put something away. REALLY? You were right there and couldn't do it yourself?

I'm guessing the whole JOY concept for him doesn't apply to him, unless he thinks JOY stands for "Josh first, Others second, Yourself last".

I think the Pizzas were for the company they were also expecting.

Advice for anyone getting wisdom teeth removed;

Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. Or any other frozen food that you don't have to suck but can hold in your mouth while it melts. Iceing the inside as well as the outside will help greatly with the swelling.

As for the dry socket, it's the blood clot being removed that causes dry socket. So no sucking or messing in the area. Not all teeth extractions will have stitches and even those that do still have the protecting blood clot.

Archived