IGNORED

No, it's not quite a repeat! 19 Kids...this week

IReallyAmHopewell

I was 14, I had 4 gigantic teeth in a very small jaw, and they were starting to scratch (I got all my teeth early)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this show is really circling the drain. When I saw the description I assumed it was a repeat and then I was very surprised that it's a new episode. I'm not surprised that Josh effs it up though. He's so lazy and irresponsible and is so used to the world catering to him that he would never bother to change his routine for a mere surgery.

We changed insurance last October. I called to ask if they needed proof of enrollment for my daughter and son, and I was told that as long as they were under 26, they were covered- in school or not.

I think that it applies right now to new policies, like yours, but it is not required for existing policies until ~2014. Current policies were given some to change their coverage in some other areas too.

I think that it applies right now to new policies, like yours, but it is not required for existing policies until ~2014. Current policies were given some to change their coverage in some other areas too.

Ah, that makes sense. Well, by 2014 I'll be turning 26 and completely finished with school anyway so I guess I have to keep a bunch of copies of my enrollment status ready to send to the insurance companies.

ouch! i had mine out when i was 19, but i only had three for some reason. the result of course was that one cheek looked like "chipmunk" and the other cheek looked like "obese chipmunk". i wasn't in any pain, though, because every four hours i'd pop either a vicodin or a 800mg ibuprofen. i know some people go back to work the next day, but i needed a week to recover.

*edit* yay, i'm a tator tot!

I took every last vicodin the dentist gave me, and asked for more. I had two done at once last fall, and the pain was horrible! I ended up with a dry socket

I had all mine out when my little one was a month old and had three dry sockets. I was in so much pain I took some Vicodin. I've taken OTC Tylenol three times in the last four years, so to have taken a Vicodin willingly means serious pain. A couple times I was asleep and woke up by punching the walls by our bed.

This show is scraping the bottom of the barrel when they're doing what they've done before so closely that the description sounds like a repeat. What next, and episode on the godliest way to wipe one's own ass? (An ex of mine stood up and twisted, which as the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. He liked me to watch him go, which grossed me out.)

Wisedom teeth suck. When I was 16 I had mine removed, but mom didn't tell me till after I had it done that I actually had 8. :( I didn't even know that was possible! I ended up missing a week of school because my face was so swollen that i refused to leave the house. I think I ate about 3 packages of pudding, some ice cream, and not much else.

Funny story- at the tmie I had a cat and one day I had been using a bag of frozen peas as an ice pack. I went to get a DVD or something and was gone for a few minutes and when I came back, the cat had chewed her way into the bag of peas and was trying to eat them. LOL!!!

I guess having wisdom teeth out at 16 is more common than I thought! I had all 4. My face didn't noticeably swell, but it sure did hurt! The pain pills made me loopy, so I gave up after 2 days and went for the Advil.

Edited because I do know how to use punctuation. :P

I had 4 wisdom and 1 molar removed at once about 4 years ago. All I recall afterwards was crying because they did not give me my teeth. They had asked me before surgery if I wanted them and I said that I did. I sobbed all the way home about it, according to hubby.

ummm refresh my memory but i remember the one where Jill and Jana went to the dentist.

what was the 2nd one?

ummm refresh my memory but i remember the one where Jill and Jana went to the dentist.

what was the 2nd one?

Joseph got braces. There was also one where Jessa and Jinger went to the dentist and were kind of afraid of it...but that's probably the same one as when Jill and Jana went.

Well I just hopew they don't need rating so bad they start seeing the pap smears and stuff :(

I had 4 wisdom and 1 molar removed at once about 4 years ago. All I recall afterwards was crying because they did not give me my teeth. They had asked me before surgery if I wanted them and I said that I did. I sobbed all the way home about it, according to hubby.

I asked for mine and the oral surgeon said that teeth are considered a biohazard and always need to be disposed of by a professional, even when children lose baby teeth. That made me mad.

Well I just hopew they don't need rating so bad they start seeing the pap smears and stuff :(

The vaginal ultrasounds were bad enough!

I sort of want to watch this just to see Josh drugged up and to see how the dynamic goes with him being an adult but not. I feel bad for Anna. I'd be annoyed if my husband needed his wisdom teeth out and didn't bother to get it done before we had a kid to take care of.

I asked for mine and the oral surgeon said that teeth are considered a biohazard and always need to be disposed of by a professional, even when children lose baby teeth. That made me mad.

Why would they ask if I wanted them, then? How odd. I heard the nurse ask someone else if they wanted their teeth. He said no.

My DVR is set to record this episode (or its rerun). I wonder if Josh will lecture the viewing public about the importance of dental care? Maybe he will be too traumatized by the whole incident to talk? :pray:

How are they a biohazard??

Because they have your body fluids in and on them. I don't see the problem with giving the teeth to the owner, but it probably breaks some kind of rule.

Wow that's... enthralling?

Getting my wisdom teeth out wasn't a trying experience. All four at once with two impacted suckers that were "headbutting" my other teeth. As the oral surgeon had a few other patients to see before me, I got to sit in the chair listening to radio and getting doped on nitrous oxide for a decent amount of time. The procedure itself didn't take very long at all. I spent the week eating soft foods and popping Vicodins. No complications and no drama. Not very good TV. But then again, I'm only the eldest of two :roll:

I had mine out when I was about 20. First the two on the left and about six months later, the bottom one on the right. My oral surgeon didn't want to do both sides at once. My dentist didn't think the one on the right top had to come out because I had a molar pulled years before and he hoped the wisdom tooth would grow in it's place. Which it did, I have absolutely no problems with it. They gave me some extra strength painkillers and send me on my merry way. I got a light fever after the second one, but nothing too bad.

I bet Joshie doesn't listen to the whole no eating before surgery rules.

Joseph got braces. There was also one where Jessa and Jinger went to the dentist and were kind of afraid of it...but that's probably the same one as when Jill and Jana went.

Wait, there was also ANOTHER one when Joy and some brothers went for a check-up and had a bunch of cavities. I remember it because Michelle, in her baby voice, said "We just have soft teeth in this family" and then it cut to the actual dentist saying that it really due to just bad oral hygiene (which doesn't surprise me because I know JB and Michelle don't make the effort to make sure a dozen kids are brushing thoroughly and properly). Maybe this was the same episode as Joseph's braces?

Guest Anonymous

I had mine out at 22, when 3 of the 4 impacted at once, and one was found to be growing sideways. My mom went with me as I was knocked out and the dentist wouldn't work on me unless I had someone to accompany me home. After 2 days' worth of painkiller, I was fine and very grateful to be rid of them.

I, too, guess that Josh ignored the no eating rule.

Archived