IGNORED

Red Sox apologizes to Adam Jones for douchenozzle fans

47of74

Ugh.  Grow the fuck up Red Sox fans.

nytimes.com/2017/05/02/sports/baseball/adam-jones-orioles-red-sox-racist-taunts.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

The Boston Red Sox apologized Tuesday morning, a day after the Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones said he was subjected to racist abuse and had objects thrown at him from the crowd at Fenway Park on Monday night.

“The Red Sox want to publicly apologize to Adam Jones and the entire Orioles organization for what occurred at Fenway Park Monday night,” the team said in a statement from President Sam Kennedy. “No player should have an object thrown at him on the playing field, nor be subjected to any kind of racism at Fenway Park. The Red Sox have zero tolerance for such inexcusable behavior, and our entire organization and our fans are sickened by the conduct of an ignorant few. Such conduct should be reported immediately to Red Sox security, and any spectator behaving in this manner forfeits his/her right to remain in the ballpark, and may be subject to further action. Our review of last night’s events is ongoing.”

After Monday night’s 5-2 Orioles victory over the Red Sox in Boston, Jones told The Boston Globe, “A disrespectful person threw a bag of peanuts at me and I got called the N-word a handful of times.”

This just confirms my long held suspicion that Boston has a serious problem with racism. 

(*Not all people from Boston, obviously.)

Archived