IGNORED

Fundie mom calls cops when a man helps adult daughter escape

mrs

If anyone is the "kidnapper" here, it's the mom trying to control the daughter's every move, not the friends giving her a place to stay to protect her from the mom's craziness. Logic fail.

Serious props to the cops in that situation. It is sad that I have to have this, but I have heard so many stories and personal run0ins with bad cops that it is nice for them to do their job so well here.

mom is a bit slow since it took a week for her to call it in. Sounds like she needed her laundry done and that triggered the report.

Why do I have a bad feeling this is what's going to happen if one of the Duggar Girls escapes? :|

Also, props to the daughter for seeing the light, her friend for letting her stay at his place, and the cops for not dragging the daughter back to her fundie mom.

It's a good thing the girl is 19, not 17. What a difference something as small as 13 months could make in the outcome of this story.

Why would she even call the cops if the daughter was over 18?

Well if she was calling it in as a kidnapping, then adults can still be kidnapped/held for ransom. Or maybe she wanted to file it as a Missing Person's Report?

Why would she even call the cops if the daughter was over 18?

Instant response. The parent can also claim that the girl was being brained washed into not wanting to go home.

mom is a bit slow since it took a week for her to call it in. Sounds like she needed her laundry done and that triggered the report.

:icon-lol:

"Why is there dirty laundry?...Oh she's been gone a week?"

My mom's not fundie, and she did this exact thing to me when I was 18. The cops believed that she was terribly distraught because she's an excellent actress, too, and kept trying to make me talk to her.

Granted, I didn't chose the best person to be, er, "kidnapped" by. (The evil ex).

Archived