IGNORED

THE SQUICKYNESS OF IT ALL! - Creepy Behavior in Church

FJismyheadship

Reading the current Botkins thread made me remember this!

Last Sunday my usual church wasn't having evening services, so I went to the fundie church down the road, m ostly (I admit) to catch up with my friends that go there.

Well, the church was amazingly crowded, so I had to sit in the back. In front of me, was a boy who looked about 17, and his mom and dad. When I first noticed them, the dad and son each had an arm around mom's shoulders. That was fine... until the son started playing with his dads ear. I watched in fascination for a moment. He stopped, and Dad started playing with his sons suspender straps and rubbing his back. I tried to tell myself that this was nothing wierd... but I could not convince myself.

Dad and son stopped for a little bit... but then Son started playing with his moms hair. Then he started rubbing on her side. She leaned on his shoulder for a little bit.

There was a lot more and it was totally squicky... and I just stared in horrid fascination. Then I noticed with mom and son were going at it, Dad was mad. When son and dad were being super lovable, mom was mad. Mom and Dad made son mad. A few times I saw Son give them looks that can only be described as lewd.

I remember watching this and thinking "I finally understand the term squicky... and I have to tell the Free Jinger girls"

Maybe I'll go again sometime and film it... it was pretty wierd. This went beyond normal family love. (And for the record, there was no denying that boy was their son, he looked JUST like them)

ewewewewew. Just... ew. I've seen that kind of thing at my parent's old fundie church, but not with mother/father/son trio. Usually it was husband/wife and it was kind of squicky in the way they did it.... I think it must be a fundie/patriarchy thing? the most my hubby does with me is just rest his arm on the pew and let me lean on him. That's what I view as the norm or average, especially at the Anglican church, where I don't really see a lot of touchy stuff going on. *(shrugs)*

Ewwww, just ewwww. I never saw that go on in my old fundie church, but I've seen some parent/child displays that struck me as...erm..odd like that before.

Freaky. I'm a Lutheran and about the most touching you see is a husband with an arm up on the pew around his wife, and spouses hugging or parents hugging kids during the sharing of the peace. Small children tend to sit on a parent's lap but we're not touchy-feely during a service beyond normal and appropriate familial expressions of affection.

Eww so creepy, so creepy. During the peace, back in the day when I went to church, sometimes I would kiss or hug people I knew, especially the little old ladies who brought me candies and stuff. It wasn't like a kiss, kiss but just a peck or the kind of kiss where you hug a person and kiss their cheek. But this is nothing like that. Uber creepy. Like just *shudder*. I hope the young man had some kind of disorder to explain this instead, maybe a compulsion or tick or something to explain it. Just ew,

You're right - this is the very definition of squick! I'm sure there's some kind of explenation - after all, don't people who molest at least try to keep it under wraps? - but I can't for the life of me think what that explenation is.

There was this adult son and father who worked at a bar I used to go to. I was mortified when the son would be asking me what drink I wanted and the father would walk over, stand behind his son and begin rubbing his son's sides up and down with his hands. The son would be standing there saying: "Okay--what do you want??" and I can't answer because I can't stop staring at his father's hands. I'm thinking: "WTF? You don't notice that your father is (slowly) running his hands up and down your rib-cage??" If I had to guess, I would say the son was 25 and the father was 45. It was beyond bizarre. It was definitely something more in the boyfriend/girlfriend category of behavior. And, beyond a doubt, it was his father because they looked exactly alike (only one older looking and one younger). Plus, they told me they were father and son.

Ewwwww, I thought my mother's relationship with my brother was disturbing (and it is--but not like this)! What. The. Fuck!?

I don't even like it when my mom touches my hair. :snooty:

Reading the current Botkins thread made me remember this!

Last Sunday my usual church wasn't having evening services, so I went to the fundie church down the road, m ostly (I admit) to catch up with my friends that go there.

Well, the church was amazingly crowded, so I had to sit in the back. In front of me, was a boy who looked about 17, and his mom and dad. When I first noticed them, the dad and son each had an arm around mom's shoulders. That was fine... until the son started playing with his dads ear. I watched in fascination for a moment. He stopped, and Dad started playing with his sons suspender straps and rubbing his back. I tried to tell myself that this was nothing wierd... but I could not convince myself.

Dad and son stopped for a little bit... but then Son started playing with his moms hair. Then he started rubbing on her side. She leaned on his shoulder for a little bit.

There was a lot more and it was totally squicky... and I just stared in horrid fascination. Then I noticed with mom and son were going at it, Dad was mad. When son and dad were being super lovable, mom was mad. Mom and Dad made son mad. A few times I saw Son give them looks that can only be described as lewd.

I remember watching this and thinking "I finally understand the term squicky... and I have to tell the Free Jinger girls"

Maybe I'll go again sometime and film it... it was pretty wierd. This went beyond normal family love. (And for the record, there was no denying that boy was their son, he looked JUST like them)

The result of suppessed sexuality.

My WTF?!? bubble would have exploded all over the pew.

EWWWW! :o

Though I also briefly wondered if he could have had some sort of disability and needed more physical contact. Maybe...?

I wanted to ask what the hell they were doing... but I was kinda afraid to. I really hope I never see that again.

Archived