IGNORED

40K Moms strikes again.

ThisOlGirl

From their website:

Select Toys 'R' Us stores are now selling 'Archie' comic books with a same-sex wedding displayed on the front cover. The front cover reads "Just Married" with two men marrying and one is wearing a service uniform. This comic book is being sold in select stores across the country. One example is the Queensbury, NY location in the upstate New York area.

Toys 'R' Us employees do not actually set up the displays; they leave this up to the vendor, but they should be aware of the merchandise being sold in their stores nonetheless. These comic books are sold at the front checkout counters so they are highly visible to employees, managers, customers and children. Unfortunately, children are now being exposed to same-sex marriage in a toy store. This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, which is becoming extremely common and unnecessary.

A trip to the toy store turns into a premature discussion on sexual orientation and is completely uncalled for. Toys 'R' Us should be more responsible in the products they carry.

Oddly enough, I couldn't find this info on their FB page. I guess they're a little gun shy after the whole Ellen/JCP debacle. I had no idea that there were gay Archie characters (I haven't read an Archie comic in about 30 years). Thanks again for the publicity One Million Morons!

I love what the CEO of Archie comics had to say in response

No word from the toy retailers just yet, but Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater has released a statement in defense of his publication's gay marriage issue. "As I’ve said before, Riverdale is a safe, welcoming place that does not judge anyone," he wrote. "It’s an idealized version of America that will hopefully become reality someday. We’re sorry the American Family Association/OneMillionMoms.com feels so negatively about our product, but they have every right to their opinion, just like we have the right to stand by ours. Kevin Keller will forever be a part of Riverdale, and he will live a happy, long life free of prejudice, hate and narrow-minded people."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... 07689.html

I thought you could buy Archie at most grocery checkouts, guess boycotting those wouldn't be convenient :roll:

I knew there was a reason why I still love Archie comics (although now I pretend I'm buying them for my kids, lol)!

Yay for the Riverdale gang!

Suck it, 40k Moms.

From the bigoted bitches' website:

This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand. Issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, which is becoming extremely common and unnecessary.

Kid: "Mom, why does that comic have a picture of two guys having a wedding?"

Mom: "Remember last summer when Diana and Paul got married and we went to their wedding? Well, some people love other men, or other women, and then they have weddings, too."

Kid: "OK. Can you buy me some candy?"

Mom: "No."

I don't even have kids, and that explaination took no time at all. I don't really see how it's any different than kids seeing a hetero couple marry.

I bet Pa Keller is fuming that he shares the same last name with Kevin. Pa Keller bans his own children for not toting the bull and now a ghey shareing his name? :lol:

Archived