IGNORED

The Incredible Stupidity of Rick Santorum

3 is enough

Woke up to a front page story on MSN about how Rick Santorum does not think women in the military belong on the front lines.

So, this is how he operates? Win 3 caucuses/primaries, and unleash more stupidity?

Keep on talking, Mr. Santorum! Tell everyone all your ideas!

Here's another idiot tweet:

ricksantorunjndjdj.jpg

I'ma little confused... how did straight people, who get to marry, and have loads of tax benefits from it, as well as security in knowing their relationship is valid enough to be let in to see their dying spouse... get their rights stripped away? I'm really failing to see this here....

When is he going to drop out of the campaign? He must know that he can't win the nomination now- so what's the point?

His new surge has secured a bit more money to keep his campaign on the road. I suspect he won't drop out prior to super tuesday. Its a pity, because frankly I'm sick of his crap.

For those keeping score, here's some more recent gems:

calling the concerns around fracking "the new bogey man"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/0 ... 66413.html

another article about how we females are just too hysterical to serve on the front lines

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html

and my personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzzDrOR30U8

Keep on talking, Ricky-boy. You've become my source of entertainment.

Interesting. 7 million? I thought California had 40 million people. Who are the 7 million, and how come only they lost their rights? Or is he saying that 33 million California residents are gay? (not that there's anything wrong with that) ;)

calling the concerns around fracking "the new bogey man"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/0 ... 66413.html

This is one I am completely comfortable with them throwing around. The people affected most by fracking tend to be red state Republican voters. They have the federal government coming in via the EPA to give them gallon upon gallon of clean water after their own Republican governors have started cutting them off.

If they want to run on a platform that abandons their own base like that, let them. The people in those areas have made it very clear that they will not be voting against their own self interests.

The 7 million people who have had their rights stripped (by Santorum's reasoning) are the 7 million people who voted for Prop 8's ban on gay marriage. So they've been stripped of their rights to strip other people of their rights!

How in the bluest of hells have the seven million people in California been stripped of their rights? :evil:

I just hope people will see through his bullshit. :pray:

I would be surprised if he drops out before the Convention. He knows he won't have the delegates needed to win the nomination, but remember he's wearing the mantle of "God's chosen candidate". :roll: I think that helps with the fundies who, like Josh, will blame Satan's influence for anyone else receiving the nomination and winning the Presidency. Of course the cynical side of me thinks he's also hoping to continue fundraising and making that "war chest" larger for future endeavors.

Time will tell.

How in the bluest of hells have the seven million people in California been stripped of their rights?

Right to deny people the same rights they enjoy because they gay. durrrrrr.

Interesting. 7 million? I thought California had 40 million people. Who are the 7 million, and how come only they lost their rights? Or is he saying that 33 million California residents are gay? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

36 million.

7 million califiornians voted yes to Prop 8, 6.4 million voted against it. (so 13 million votes out out of a 17 million electorate) So it's 7 million homophobes who lost their rights to legally deny fellow citizens freedom to marry.

I can't understand how this man is capable of breathing unassisted... Surely that has to require more brain power than he has!

I mainly commented to say that I have a pin that has "fracking" written on it and crossed out. :) My fiance got it during his internship with earthWORKS in DC and every time someone sees it they double take--some go so far as to ask why I'm against fUcking. Nice.

So I want to ask Mr. Frothy how he knows that he has all the right answers. I mean, it's one thing to have a personal relationship with God, but it's another to act like he does, like he has all the right answers about everything (abortion, BC, under-population, the poor, etc).

Plus, if men are so weak (to be seduced by immodestly dressed women, lust easily after women, or by the need to protect women), then women should be put in power and the men who are so weak, should be the ones staying home. He never talks about women wanting to protect men, so maybe the women should just go out to battle and leave all the weak men (who are just so damn protective) to care and protect their children.

I'm still stumped at the 7 million Californians losing their rights, given I think they still have their basic inalienable rights or are they all imprisoned or something?

So I want to ask Mr. Frothy how he knows that he has all the right answers. I mean, it's one thing to have a personal relationship with God, but it's another to act like he does, like he has all the right answers about everything (abortion, BC, under-population, the poor, etc).

Plus, if men are so weak (to be seduced by immodestly dressed women, lust easily after women, or by the need to protect women), then women should be put in power and the men who are so weak, should be the ones staying home. He never talks about women wanting to protect men, so maybe the women should just go out to battle and leave all the weak men (who are just so damn protective) to care and protect their children.

I'm still stumped at the 7 million Californians losing their rights, given I think they still have their basic inalienable rights or are they all imprisoned or something?

That's the part that really gets me. Why are we the weaker vessel when all fundie men write that men are weak against woman?

George W. Bush owes Frothy Santorum a thank-you card: he's managed to make Dubya look like Carl Sagan.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

His new surge has secured a bit more money to keep his campaign on the road. I suspect he won't drop out prior to super tuesday. Its a pity, because frankly I'm sick of his crap.

I want him to be the nominee. It virtually guarantees an Obama renomination, since the more he opens his mouth, the more the moderates will see the crazy and stick with the known commodity. He's Palin in a suit.

Keep on keepin' on, Frothy Boy! :crying-pink:

Archived