IGNORED

Jeubs on their local news.

razingruth

New video on the Jeub site.

A few weeks ago, I posted a comment on the Jeub's website. I was polite and asked them a few questions. Chris Jeub asked me to subscribe to the site so that we could discuss those questions further. I took that to mean that he didn't think my comments on his site were rude or crossed a TOS/site rule. Then, today, I went to the site to see what was up with the family and found I had been blocked. Interesting, Chris Jeub. Obviously, he reads here or checked out my blog and found out about my past- even though I thought I was pretty clear about it on my comments to his blog. I'm guessing he reads here and didn't like something I've said here...or maybe he just blocks anyone on FJ? Anyway, why invite someone to subscribe to your site and have a dialogue if you have no intent to have a dialogue?

So, I'll post my reaction to that video here.

Chris, I think your family is beautiful. Your youngest two are adorable! However, in that video, you claim that you're making $40,000 per year. You portray yourself as raising sixteen kids; when, really, it's only 14. People have asked you before: how can you effectively cover everyone's needs for $2500 per year, per person. Take it further; you're claiming that you're providing for everyone's needs for only $208 a month. That's quite extraordinary (and I don't mean that in an all-together good way). You always claim that you're providing for your family adequately; but, I just can't see how. Love is fantastic. I will grant you that there's more love in your home than in some QF/ATI families. Love doesn't feed your family or pay the bills. You advocate your lifestyle as something that anyone could do with enough faith in God and planning/scrimping. Why not show us your utility/food/housing/medical costs breakdowns because it just doesn't seem like enough money for everything?

Ruth I read your posts over there, they were well written (as per your usual) and not the least bit rude. CJ is a controlling idiot, and like most bloggers he will block anyone who he suspects can back him in a corner. He rejects any posts that don't come from his sycophants. Please consider it a badge of honor that he's banned you.

A few weeks ago, I posted a comment on the Jeub's website. I was polite and asked them a few questions. Chris Jeub asked me to subscribe to the site so that we could discuss those questions further. I took that to mean that he didn't think my comments on his site were rude or crossed a TOS/site rule. Then, today, I went to the site to see what was up with the family and found I had been blocked. Interesting, Chris Jeub. Obviously, he reads here or checked out my blog and found out about my past- even though I thought I was pretty clear about it on my comments to his blog. I'm guessing he reads here and didn't like something I've said here...or maybe he just blocks anyone on FJ? Anyway, why invite someone to subscribe to your site and have a dialogue if you have no intent to have a dialogue?

Chris, I think your family is beautiful. Your youngest two are adorable! However, in that video, you claim that you're making $40,000 per year. You portray yourself as raising sixteen kids; when, really, it's only 14. People have asked you before: how can you effectively cover everyone's needs for $2500 per year, per person. Take it further; you're claiming that you're providing for everyone's needs for only $208 a month. That's quite extraordinary (and I don't mean that in an all-together good way). You always claim that you're providing for your family adequately; but, I just can't see how. Love is fantastic. I will grant you that there's more love in your home than in some QF/ATI families. Love doesn't feed your family or pay the bills. You advocate your lifestyle as something that anyone could do with enough faith in God and planning/scrimping. Why not show us your utility/food/housing/medical costs breakdowns because it just doesn't seem like enough money for everything?

They seem to have enough money to put their kids in gymnastics, so maybe they are doing better than we thought. I was poking around there the other day, and the kids look healthy, happy, well fed and dressed. Maybe he cuts corners somewhere else. Maybe he makes more money than he tell us. Or maybe he's been getting food stamps and medical care for his family. I'll go with the last one. lol.

I missed the comments - did he also delete them when he banned you?

Don't forget he gets $5000 per year in Earned Income Tax Credit - that's not a refund of taxed he already paid, but money he gets from the government. And since he's self employed he doesn't get Social Security or Medicare deductions either. His lifestyle is subsidized by taxpayers like me.

Don't point this out on his blog, though, or you will get banned.

Guest Anonymous

"Banned by Chris Jeub" should be an FJ logo. I got IP banned too, for asking why Alicia wasn't mentioned in the Christmas letter.

I really wanted the news broadcast to describe them as having 16 kids by 3 fathers.... I guess CJ wanted them to help plug his books, so it turned out somewhere in the middle.

Anyone noticed how he has his own debate company as a 'referee' for his speaking business....

I live in the same area as the Juebs and lately I have been thinking of infiltrating befriending the Juebs. I wonder if it would work as I know all the key phrases and already dress pretty fundy and have long hair. :think:

Do they go to a church, or is Chris Jeub pastor his own home church? ETA - that was in response to your post LadyPugLover. You could check out the church if there is one.

They seem to have enough money to put their kids in gymnastics, so maybe they are doing better than we thought. I was poking around there the other day, and the kids look healthy, happy, well fed and dressed. Maybe he cuts corners somewhere else. Maybe he makes more money than he tell us. Or maybe he's been getting food stamps and medical care for his family. I'll go with the last one. lol.

I watched the gymnastics videos. That doesn't look like regular gymnastics. It looks like something thrown together in a community center. Maybe there's a program for low income families that offers it for free.

I missed the comments - did he also delete them when he banned you?

Don't forget he gets $5000 per year in Earned Income Tax Credit - that's not a refund of taxed he already paid, but money he gets from the government. And since he's self employed he doesn't get Social Security or Medicare deductions either. His lifestyle is subsidized by taxpayers like me.

Don't point this out on his blog, though, or you will get banned.

By this do you mean that those deductions are not taken out of his paycheck? You actually pay more taxes on self employed income than you do on W-2 income.

I live in the same area as the Juebs and lately I have been thinking of infiltrating befriending the Juebs. I wonder if it would work as I know all the key phrases and already dress pretty fundy and have long hair. :think:

DO IT! The snark possibilities would be endless!

Are the Jeubs fundies or just a marginally religious family with lots of kids? Wendy and the girls don't wear skirts and do far I haven't ever heard them say that the're open to having as many children as God will give them. They just say they want lots of kids.

Are the Jeubs fundies or just a marginally religious family with lots of kids? Wendy and the girls don't wear skirts and do far I haven't ever heard them say that the're open to having as many children as God will give them. They just say they want lots of kids.

They were on this show called "Born to Breed" and professed to be Quiverfull.

I call bullshit. Somewhere, someone is not getting what they need. I make well more than $40,000 a year and have only one child and we're barely scraping by. My husband stays home with the baby, so we don't have childcare costs. But, I do have to diaper the kid and feed him. I do spend a pretty penny feeding him because he eats all organic and I try and stick with fresh fruits, veggies, and meats. He deserves to be fed well. We have a mortgage, a car payment, and student loans for my husband, but that is the only debt we have. Between food, utilities, baby care items, mortgage, and car payment, we pretty much use up my paycheck every month. We don't go to see movies, we don't go on vacations, we don't go out to eat, we don't go to Starbucks, etc. So, I call bull on the Jeubs. They're either getting donations from others or their kids are going without needed basics.

I'm sure they get a lot of "love offerings" they don't count in their totals.

Tax wise, you only have to declare any "love offering" in excess of $5,000 a year from one person. So they could get multiple donations under $5,000 without having to pay ordinary income taxes on that money. :)

I agree Ruth, you stated clearly and nicely what you were asking. My bet is he read your blog and was afraid some of his blessings would read it too.

They appear to get A LOT of help from charitable people. He's not supporting those kids all on his own. Even Alicia mentioned it on one of the online forums for the Born to Breed show that they receive a lot of assistance from people in the community.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gymnastics lessons are subsidized or given at a reduced fee.

Wendy and some of the daughters (I think the exception is Cynthia) dress modestly but they wear pants and otherwise look modern. But don't let their looks fool you CJ is still the headship.

Oh, and Chris Jeub is a douchecanoe.

They appear to get A LOT of help from charitable people. He's not supporting those kids all on his own. Even Alicia mentioned it on one of the online forums for the Born to Breed show that they receive a lot of assistance from people in the community.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gymnastics lessons are subsidized or given at a reduced fee.

They even showed it on their TLC special. They didn't show them taking money or anything (although they probably do), but they claimed that people left bags of clothes and stuff on their porch. Cynthia wrote in last year's Christmas letter that she was able to get braces because they qualified for some low-income subsidy from the local orthodontist.

I think Cynthia is currently at the university of colorado, and there is no way that she is not receiving need-based aid. Which is great IMO. I'm sincerely glad that they believe in real higher education for their kids, not some CollegeMinus BS.

By this do you mean that those deductions are not taken out of his paycheck? You actually pay more taxes on self employed income than you do on W-2 income.

Yes, but the additional child tax credit and the Earned Income Credit are deducted from the self employment tax owed. ETA: Given their income, and the number of children, those refunds are more than the SE tax he owes. Both of those programs are refundable even if you have no tax liability. So Jeub pays negative income tax. He gets money from other taxpayers.

LadyPugLover, I'm up here in Lakewood, I'd totally be down for a sunday of church going and Jeub watching! I think they do go to a brick-and-mortar church, because they have talked before about church members leaving garbage bags of clothes outside their van.

They even showed it on their TLC special. They didn't show them taking money or anything (although they probably do), but they claimed that people left bags of clothes and stuff on their porch. Cynthia wrote in last year's Christmas letter that she was able to get braces because they qualified for some low-income subsidy from the local orthodontist.

I think Cynthia is currently at the university of colorado, and there is no way that she is not receiving need-based aid. Which is great IMO. I'm sincerely glad that they believe in real higher education for their kids, not some CollegeMinus BS.

I also remember that stuff on the TLC special and I agree they probably do take monetary donations but they keep quiet on that. I also give the Jeubs credit for being ok with Cynthia an actual college.

Please let me know if the smell of tube meat and bacon grease follows behind them like a trained puppy :lol:

I also remember that stuff on the TLC special and I agree they probably do take monetary donations but they keep quiet on that. I also give the Jeubs credit for being ok with Cynthia an actual college.

I do too....I think they are more fundie lite, or at least less fundie than when Alicia andAlyssa were at home. I have creeped on Cynthia's Facebook and she watches Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Star Wars so at CJ doesn't seem to mind that stuff. I just think he's more of a village idiot and a hypocrite and a complete ass in the way he treated Alicia. In general, the grown kids are able to function independently in society, and the older daughters seem to be encouraged to have an education. I tend to think that few if any of the kids will end up QF, or even fundie lite. I have more hope for the Jeub children to have healthy, happy lives than say, the Maxwells or Duggars.

Bravo. Doesn't surprise you are banned as a result. You asked the hard questions, the ones that prove he's a big fat liar.

Keep up the hard work.

Archived