IGNORED

Happy 27th Luke, Let's party at DQ!!

0 kids n not countin

How old is the oldest son....over 30 now? I've wondered after seeing them on Kids by the

Dozen a few years back if Jim Bob Duggar would consider one of their sons to be good enough for one of his daughters. They apparently are Quiverful, Baptist too ( I think?)- but maybe they aren't Gothardites. I guess that might rule them out.

2012-02-08_12-03-49_64.jpg

Cathy and I are enjoying a birthday meal with Luke. (The folks at Red Robin have just surprised him with a complimentary sundae.)

Guess it was Red Robin w/Mommy & Daddy.

This guy should have been out at the local pub, knocking back a few micro brews with his pals and chatting up the young single women. WTF he's at RR having a bad burger and a free sundae.

Was this the family that used to be Catholic? If so, what made them change?

Yes, I think that the Mom at least was raised Catholic. They never said they specifically disliked Catholicism but I think because the Dad got ordained and they home church (because why would you socialize w/ other members of a church!?) maybe they are non-catholic out of convenience. I also think that the Mom and Dad met at some Catholic church revival or something.

Funny how they don't seem to grasp that THEY actually met at a church function! You would think they would be pushing their kids to attend or visit other churches if for no other reason than to meet like-minded young ladies. But no. I feel like the parents are selfish and want their kids around forever because it makes them feel young or something. Hence them treating their "adult" children like kids still. ex. 15 year daughter in braids, 27 yr old son out for B-Day lunch at a kids restaurant, etc.

Sad. Very sad. And I think the oldest boy turns 32 this year!

27 and going to Red Robin with your parents for a birthday party? I'll be 23 in a few days and I can't imagine my parents taking me to eat at a place like that. I could see them suggesting catching up and offering dinner at nice restaurtant or something, but I don't live with them so, you know.

None of the boys have ever had a relationship. Makes me sad that they are so sheltered they can't even go to a church and find someone. My large non-denom church has a large young adult group. I still haven't had any luck, but I am sure if they went to church like that one or two may have some luck shagging a girl to marry. However, at larger church with more wide beliefs, it might be harder to find a girl who wants to have so many children or shares their ideas, but it wouldn't be impossible and they may learn to bend a little. Part of marriage or any relationship really is compromise.

They aren't bad looking young men so my guess is the high level of sheltering and the isolated and "odd" beliefs make young women stay away.

This guy should have been out at the local pub, knocking back a few micro brews with his pals and chatting up the young single women. WTF he's at RR having a bad burger and a free sundae.

:shifty: I go to Red Robin for my free birthday burger and sundae, but then again, my husband and I celebrate our birthdays all week long by taking advantage of all the free dinner offers we get. Our actual Birthday Day Dinners are usually someplace a lot more swanky.

27 and going to Red Robin with your parents for a birthday party? I'll be 23 in a few days and I can't imagine my parents taking me to eat at a place like that. I could see them suggesting catching up and offering dinner at nice restaurtant or something, but I don't live with them so, you know.

None of the boys have ever had a relationship. Makes me sad that they are so sheltered they can't even go to a church and find someone. My large non-denom church has a large young adult group. I still haven't had any luck, but I am sure if they went to church like that one or two may have some luck shagging a girl to marry. However, at larger church with more wide beliefs, it might be harder to find a girl who wants to have so many children or shares their ideas, but it wouldn't be impossible and they may learn to bend a little. Part of marriage or any relationship really is compromise.

They aren't bad looking young men so my guess is the high level of sheltering and the isolated and "odd" beliefs make young women stay away.

Hey Dairylfreelife, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-cake:

Hope you enjoy your day, and maybe catch up w/your parents at a nice restaurant. From what I see on the Arndt website looks like if they do eat out it's at fast food or other chain places, the "most upscale" place perhaps being Red Lobster when they are on a family vacation. The boys seem to get SO excited at the opening of new fast food places. They were just talking about the opening of a Dunkin' Donuts close to where they live, and seemed so excited that they FINALLY have one close to their home. :roll:

I agree w/all you've said in your post, I "totally" also do not understand the part about parents "home churching" when they themselves have met at a "regular/real" church. Hello parents, wtf, are you total idiots, if you met at a real church, why is it not okay for your kids to do the same (especially when you don't even attend home school conferences & the like)? How do you expect your kids to fulfill their so called role in life when you make it next to impossible for them to meet any like minded individuals?

:shifty: I go to Red Robin for my free birthday burger and sundae, but then again, my husband and I celebrate our birthdays all week long by taking advantage of all the free dinner offers we get. Our actual Birthday Day Dinners are usually someplace a lot more swanky.

That is such a good idea! I am so stealing it. :clap:

The poor guy. I do feel sorry for him. I didn't realize this family didn't even go to homeschooling conferences. Even the Duggars and Bateses have them beat. I've often thought the Arndt boys and the Duggar girls should get together, but the singual focus on baseball would put off the Duggars. The fact that most of the older Duggars are "female" and not related to them would put off the Arndts.

Hey Dairylfreelife, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-cake:

Hope you enjoy your day, and maybe catch up w/your parents at a nice restaurant. From what I see on the Arndt website looks like if they do eat out it's at fast food or other chain places, the "most upscale" place perhaps being Red Lobster when they are on a family vacation. The boys seem to get SO excited at the opening of new fast food places. They were just talking about the opening of a Dunkin' Donuts close to where they live, and seemed so excited that they FINALLY have one close to their home. :roll:

I agree w/all you've said in your post, I "totally" also do not understand the part about parents "home churching" when they themselves have met at a "regular/real" church. Hello parents, wtf, are you total idiots, if you met at a real church, why is it not okay for your kids to do the same (especially when you don't even attend home school conferences & the like)? How do you expect your kids to fulfill their so called role in life when you make it next to impossible for them to meet any like minded individuals?

Aww, thanks. My birthday is at the end of next week. *We need a single hug smilie/smily(sp?)*

I guess the children don't get out much and so get excited with new food, perhaps? I dunno. I almost never eat out because of food allergies/intolerances/sensitivities, especially fast food. A very basic sub sandwich from Heavenly Ham or Subway is usually my fast food splurging. :lol:

I do feel bad that those boys don't really appear to even have outside friends or anything. I hated school growing up and sometimes wanted to be homeschooled, but then I see the crazies here homsechooling and I am happy I was able to have childhood friendships, not of my parents faith either. And go to college and not have tons of siblings to raise. I helped in the care for my younger brother. That was it.

This is so sad. It's not as if he's obliged to go out and get wasted to have a good time, I know guys who do birthday trips into the mountains or have a LAN party. I've had some pretty meh birthdays, but if I was reduced to going out to a crappy chain restaurant with my parents, you would later find me sobbing into a bottle of cheap whisky.

A nice restaurant or ice cream parlour would be okay though :D

Archived