IGNORED

Eligible Young Ladies

GenerationCedarchip

Wow - I'm not sure whether Raising Homemakers has me feeling sad or snarky today. On the one hand, the writer's musings over her own (perceived) inadequacies and the reasons why she fears she can't attract a good fundie husband are just so naive I can't help smiling a little. My favorite line? She might have to settle for, "some semi-heathen who let his wife work outside the home and eat McDonald’s."

But then I got to the end and saw that the author was a 17 y.o. SAHD. And it made me a little sad that this girl, who should be dreaming big dreams and finding her place in the world, can only worry about not being able to attract her Prince Charming. It was like being back in fundie youth circle all over again.

Here's the article:

raisinghomemakers.com/2012/wanted-eligible-young-ladies-only/

An odd little fundy, home schooled, watches tv news, does theater, reads newspapers, paints her fingernails and may go to a secular college. I think her writing is insufferable and as punishment she should be sent for a visit to the seven sisters.

Here's her blog:

bighouseinthelittlewoodsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Big%20House%20in%20the%20Little%20Woods

She could debunk any atheist who trotted along

I'd love to see this chick "trot along" to my UU congregation and try to "debunk" any of the atheist members there. They'd Socratic-dialogue her into a corner in two minutes flat.

Worst -- what if God's love is a big lie, after all, concocted by liberals who want to soothe seared consciences?

What is this I don't even.

This gal is most likely clinically depressed and needs a vacation from religion, stat. She's overanalyzing spirituality so damn much that it's losing any hope of bringing her peace and fulfillment. (And I love me some spirituality.) What she needs is a girls' day out with some normal young women, perhaps some yoga, a mani/pedi, a nice dinner out, and an evening culminating in dancing and chocolate martinis.

And, her writing? One has to hack through it in order to figure out the point she's trying to make.

I'd love to see this chick "trot along" to my UU congregation and try to "debunk" any of the atheist members there. They'd Socratic-dialogue her into a corner in two minutes flat.

What is this I don't even.

This gal is most likely clinically depressed and needs a vacation from religion, stat. She's overanalyzing spirituality so damn much that it's losing any hope of bringing her peace and fulfillment. (And I love me some spirituality.) What she needs is a girls' day out with some normal young women, perhaps some yoga, a mani/pedi, a nice dinner out, and an evening culminating in dancing and chocolate martinis.

And, her writing? One has to hack through it in order to figure out the point she's trying to make.

So agree with this. And I have to wonder when I read this stuff, does she really think like this all the time or does she write this to please her parents? Or perhaps parents looking to set up a courtship?

Archived