IGNORED

Keep Your Clothes On

debrand

Yet another modesty rant.

Is it not embarrassing for a young lady to shed her clothing and stand nearly naked in public in a string bikini?

On the beach, she is not dressed that much different than everyone else. It would be more embarrasing, I would think, to be the one odd ball in those ugly modest swimwear. Those outfits would make the wearer stand out.

If she went to a doctor and was asked to undress down to her underwear and not cover up with a sheet she would be incensed and, yet, this same girl can strip down even further and, because she is “covered’ by two tiny pieces of cloth that she calls a swimsuit (rather than two somewhat larger pieces of cloth that used to be referred to as unmentionables) she is alright about her nakedness.

The doctor and nurse are all dressed. On the beach, the girl is not the only one wearing a swim suit. The sheet is to allow her some dignity but to be honest, the doctor does see everything. When I go for my yearly pap smear, my breast get fondled also. Also, the sheet and paper gown are to provide the patent with some measure of control.

Or this same girl (or a different one…there are lots of them who do this after all) can put on tiny, tiny shorts that come up to “here†on the legs and down to “there†at the waist and along with it a minuscule blouse that doesn’t quite cover “there†at the bottom and is cut down to show at least part of you-know-what at the top and head off shopping and she’s comfortable with the fact that everyone who sees her sees nearly all of her. She’s gets angry though if some guy that she doesn’t know starts leering at her or makes undue suggestions.

I expect for a scantily clad woman-or man- be treated with the same respect as a person wearing a full burqua. No matter what a woman wears, she does not deserve embarrasing comments or to be leered at.

Let’s get real, girls: you’ve undressed for all to see, you’ve shown guys you don’t know areas of your body that ought to remain private (and what you haven’t shown, he can clearly make out due to the sheerness or tightness of what clothes you left on your body) and now you’re gonna get mad because some guy is going to look? Right. Yeah. That makes a LOT of sense.

The writer is an ass. Humans expect polite behavior no matter what they wear. If I notice a good looking jogger, I don't ogle him, or make comments as he passes. That is because I am mature and not a 12 year old. So yes, women should expect that they will be always treated with respect. Just like the male jogger should expect that this middle aged woman doesn't wolf whistle when he runs past her. And yes, I expect men to show the same polite behavior.

If you are, or if you are simply uninformed, let me fill you in: ladies, you need to realize that men are visual and that they are stimulated by sight. Specifically, girls, men are stimulated by the sight of a woman’s body

Please stop already. Why do fundies insist that men are visual and women aren't? Most of the writers must know that this is a lie. Some people are visual while some aren't. Many women appreciate a good looking man. No one writes articles on how men should protect women from visual temptation. They also don't write articles telling men that they deserve to be ogled and treated badly because of their clothing choices.

Do you really want men undressing you with their eyes? Do you want them lusting after you? Perhaps doing things with you (or to you) in their minds (even if it is “only†in their minds)? Do you want the picture of you half-naked (or more) lingering in their thoughts for days, or weeks, after they saw you on display?

If they are discreet and keep it to themselves, how the hell would I know what is going through someone's head? It is not my job to be the thought police.

I know the argument: men ought to be able to control themselves. You ought to be able to wear anything at all and men ought not to lust after you and you’re right

I'm not making that argument. Men and women can fantasize about anyone that they wish. Mature adults need to be discreet and not embarrass the other person. All I want is for the person doing the admiring to keep their thoughts to themselves.

You’re absolutely right. You ought to be safe from prying eyes and from prying minds…no matter what. Men ought to control themselves…no matter what. But no matter what, it ain’t gonna happen. No matter what, there are some guys who are going to see you and they’re going to lust after you. You’re putting fuel on the fire and the fire is just getting hotter and hotter

That is pretty damn sexist against both males and females. Men aren't going to control themselves? Really? She must imagine that all men are half crazed dogs humping the leg of any woman that they meet.

The truth is this: It is sin to put your body on display. God said it, I didn’t

If you are the one speaking or typing the words out than you are the one responsible for them.

She makes it sound as if she might have a problem with noticing other women's bodies. Could some of the posters who get outraged how other women dress be struggling with a same sex attraction?

annawood.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/keep-your-clothes-on/

She makes it sound as if she might have a problem with noticing other women's bodies. Could some of the posters who get outraged how other women dress be struggling with a same sex attraction?

I like this theory, because it makes a lot of sense -- I know from experience that women in revelaing clothing can be quite ridiculously defrauding even if you don't yet know that's what you like. :lol:

But more likely, sadly, she's just yet another woman enforcing her own subjugation. Sad times.

This is offensive to both men and women.

She makes men sound like they're stupid and driven by sex, like Yahoos. Well that is partially true but its still a generalization.

Well, I WAS just going to throw some old jeans and a sweatshirt on to go grocery shopping. After reading that blog, I inexplicably feel the urge to throw on my mini-skirt (and some tights; it's damn cold outside). :mrgreen:

I really don't care that the sight of my mini-skirt-clad ass might possibly defraud someone. Hell, enjoy the view for all I care. But keep those thoughts to yourself please! It's really not that hard. I certainly didn't tell my co-worker with the perfect abs that given the chance, I would jump his bones. Why, you might ask? Because it's wildly inappropriate and some things are best left unspoken. Harassing anyone for any reason in any way, shape, or form is wrong. Period. End of story. I don't care if I'm lying topless on a beach, I still expect to not be made a victim OR be blamed for it. Since when did my mini-skirt make sexual harassment tolerable? Since when should sexual harassment EVER be tolerable?!

Off to defraud people at the store! ;)

I get comments and wolf whistles whether I wear a tank top and shorts, mens jeans and a baggy shirt, an ankle legnth jean skirt, OR the frumpiest thing in the world.

My lovely gay friend wears loose clothes all the time. She can easily fit into a medium, but would much rather wear an extra large... and guess what? Guys STILL notice her! My own father told me once she's an attractive woman.

I have another friend who is "butch" to the max, and guess what? Guys still hit on her.

SO modesty people, you can go SUCK IT because GUYS NOTICE YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU WEAR!!!!!!!!!!

And Kailis, have fun defrauding people! Men and women I hope!

:whistle: oh shame on me with my ample bosom that GOD gave me, that doesn't fit into normal tops and just so happens to spill over the top... :lol:

I can barely handle myself on any thread these days. Just the voluptuous shape of letters typed by intelligent, opinionated women, without a man to tell her what to think? Totally a defrauding stumbling block. NIKE! Wait, darn, that makes me think of the sexy goddess.... nothing is safe anymore....

Why do fundies insist that men are visual and women aren't? Most of the writers must know that this is a lie. Some people are visual while some aren't. Many women appreciate a good looking man. No one writes articles on how men should protect women from visual temptation.

I wonder if sometimes the fundie women who do find men visually stimulating think they're the only ones who do, and therefore sort of freakish?

I can barely handle myself on any thread these days. Just the voluptuous shape of letters typed by intelligent, opinionated women, without a man to tell her what to think? Totally a defrauding stumbling block. NIKE! Wait, darn, that makes me think of the sexy goddess.... nothing is safe anymore....

Don't look now Angri-la...

( . ) ( . )

I got hit on just today while at the gas station filling my car up. I had on a long black fur coat (the fur was fake) and was more covered up than a Maxwell. Getting cat called and hit on happens whether a woman is wearing a bikini or is covered up. Some men are gentleman and some are not.

I've been told by men before that they have not-so-pure thoughts about me; and these are men from my workplace, where I am always covered from neck to foot in jeans, sweater, warm work jacket, steel toe boots. Believe me that none of this is formfitting either. It's not sexy, it's not revealing, it's not even feminine.

These fundy twunts are idiots.

Don't look now Angri-la...

( . ) ( . )

8===========>

(gonna admit, when choosing the size I chuckled at "huge")

From the comments

Very well-written article! I have a 17 year old son and he is so used to how the girls dress, at his high school, that he hardly notices it anymore. So, if they are trying to get his attention, it isn’t working!

Yeah, that's what happens. You get used to things and they don't all have to tempt you.

Good for laugh Thanks,

I just came back from Hawaii and it's significantly warmer there right know then where I'm living. I had no problem wearing short shorts and tanks tops, it was too hot to wear anything else. Everyone was dressed similar but the only ones having a problem are the fundies grow up

Archived