IGNORED

Church, state and Governor Rick Perry

dawn9476

So Perry is calling on all Americans to pray and fast, "just like Jesus did". Is that because only if you believe in Jesus as Messiah can you be a real American?

Do these people ever listen to themselves? The arrogance burns. .

Austin, didn't you get the memo? this is a CHRISTIAN country, founded on CHRISTIAN principles. The logical extension of that is only (certain kinds of ) Christians are real 'murricans. Like John Wayne, from Waterloo Iowa.

Guest Anonymous

I looked up fasting for hypoglycemics and it is obviously not advised. SO WHAT THEN? Even my dad who is really conservative, very Republican dislikes our governor as much as he dislikes the president.

Rick Perry is a piece of work who has never held a "real" job. He has an ego the size of our great state which does not serve him well. He is pandering to certain extremists types in his efforts to run for President.

The only thing he has done which I liked was when he attempted to mandate the HPV vaccine, which was new then, for students. TX leads the rate in cervical cancer. Then the even stupider state legislators threw a fit and did all their arguments like "the HPV vaccines will mean girls have sex" and my favorite, "if girls have sex, then they deserve to die of cancer". They were able to block it for a year or so but now it is required. I've heard that Rick Perry has ties to Merck or whoever the pharm lab is that produces it, but I didn't really care if he owned the company. I think it is a great thing to be able to prevent the virus that causes some types of cancer.

But I digress. I think mostly that Rick Perry is awful. There may be a youtube video of when he and some friend was stopped by DPS. He was totally disrespectful and kept saying "why don't you let us get on down the road'. Like I said,quite an ego.

Archived