IGNORED

New matching Maxwell frumpers

fundiefan

At least that's what it looks like they're making in the latest post of their exciting, adventurous lives.

At least they are consistent. The fabric is perfectly frumpy and the only thing better for it would be as bathroom curtains in a vacation cabin.

who are these dave and liz?

are they married?

are they siblings?

dave doesn't look too bad -- i'd say for SARAH!

Liz wears rings on both ring fingers -- i don't see on one dave's hand...

Dave and Liz are a married couple. The Maxwells have stopped to see them/they have come to see the Maxwells when they were doing conferences.

So weird - when normal people's friends come to visit, they don't list all the work activities they did. Sarah actually lists "work" as #2 or #3 thing they did. So sad!

I liked how Sarah made sure we all knew that the sewing equipment was all put away and off of the kitchen table before lunch :roll: These people are nuts.

I liked how Sarah made sure we all knew that the sewing equipment was all put away and off of the kitchen table before lunch :roll: These people are nuts.

The fact that Sarah is completely and entirely socially inept comes out in this post. She has clue about social cues or interaction, so when she writes, the obvious (and ridiculous) is stated, and often stated as if it is something special.

I wouldn't want to be a friend of theirs. Every single time a so-called friend comes to visit, they are put to work.

The fact that Sarah is completely and entirely socially inept comes out in this post. She has clue about social cues or interaction, so when she writes, the obvious (and ridiculous) is stated, and often stated as if it is something special.

I wouldn't want to be a friend of theirs. Every single time a so-called friend comes to visit, they are put to work.

Okay so Dave and Liz are "friends"?

Are they allowed to have friends? And why would a young (childless) couple want to spend time (or in their case: work) with Teri and Steve???

Okay so Dave and Liz are "friends"?

Are they allowed to have friends? And why would a young (childless) couple want to spend time (or in their case: work) with Teri and Steve???

That post creeped the hell out of me. It reminded me of a play date between young children. They're drawing pictures and having activities. I guess birds of a feather flock together because I don't know anyone my age who wants to come over and color with me. These adult children never grew up. Their minds are stunted. It's bizarre. What did Steve Maxwell do to his children to get them like that? I can't imagine the abuse.

Guest Anonymous

I thought they were done with frumper making - Steve said in the comments somewhere that there would be no frumpershoot this year and that they were using a photo from their travels instead.

I guess there is so little real work for the family to do that those girls need to be kept busy. I quite envy their sewing machines - they do not skimp on electrical toys. The fabric is horrible though; it looks like if came from the $1.99 quilting fabric bargain bin.

I have nothing against work parties, our friends have them, and it's a lot of fun (and there is always beer, wine, and bourbon flowing!), we hang out, get stuff done, talk, laugh, drink, eat a wonderful meal; but our friendships are deeper than that, we also get together for "girls night" (also lots of alcohol), the guys do guy things, we hand out as families. It seems like the only time the Maxwells have "friends" over is to work.

And Sarah got her hair trimmed (thanks for asking, Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Stevie's comment about Sarah's hair was that "she thought it was time". Uh, you think? Almost 30 and still wearing the same hairstyle she's had since her father deemed that all his daughters grow their hair out. Yeah, Sarah -- it's time. In fact, live on the edge and get some highlights! Woot! And maybe you'll find that husband!

SO much to be said about poor Rebecca's post, as always. The fact that she's made poppyseed bread is SO relevant (not!), and thank God she got a chance to mention her mom's preference on the icing (do you like that with lemon or orange?).

It's time for a few other things too, loooong past time, doncha' think, Steve?

My jaw dropped to see adult "children" taking drawing lessons, according to Steve in the comments. Really. This is the sort of report one might make about 8 year olds. Suppose it's a trade - frumpers and floors for colouring. John looks appropriately muscle bound and out of place standing at the kitchen table drawing little circles. Looooong past time for him too, doncha' think Steve?

Joseph seems the only creative soul, but dreamily caged. Someday I wonder that he will crack. I always think of the Von Trapp family and what happened to them when I see him.

Sometimes I wonder if any of them are deeper than they seem in their writing. It does sound awkward and brainwashed, but they must know that Steve monitors everything they post and censors anything that makes them sound like less than the perfect Christian family. Could the awkwardness stem from the fact that Sarah doesn't always believe what she's saying, or do you think she really is that brainwashed?

I've thought the same thing sometimes. When I'm around someone who is super critical of how I speak, I tend to choose words carefully and I know it can sound... off. Sarah knows that her dad will look over all the blog posts and her books and will be very critical. We've heard how Steve reacted if his kids chewed too loud at the dinner table, Sarah has had a lifetime of that and I think it really has an impact on how she expresses herself.

It makes me so sad.

Plus, these poor kids never get to read for pleasure, so naturally their writing style will be stilted and limited in expression. So freaking sad.

Being totes evil, I just left this comment on their blog:

"Steve, what a blessing it is for the girls to have you answer these blog comments for them. You never know what kinds of dangerous people will visit your blog and ask scary and intrusive questions about baking, drawing, and sewing."

And it will be moderated out of existence in 3...2...1...

It makes me so sad.

That tiny flicker of hope in Sarah's eyes is completely gone. I've noticed it before, but hoped it would return.

I don't think it's going to.

Stevie, you've won. You've destroyed her spirit.

For the love of your child, please. Let her get married.

Archived