IGNORED

The Brown Foe?

debrand

I was looking on this young man's blog and found photos of army men. My assumption is that he was amusing younger kids because he is an adult. Or he might have just been being silly. Anyway, this statement under one of the photos surprised me.

Fort Frontier combats the brown foe against significant odds in a multi-century mini battle involving weapons and architecture from several eras.

What? The brown foe?

mberkompas.com/2011/12/fort-frontier/

Has the young man been so isolated from society that he doesn't realize how racist that sounds? Or is he just racist?

He's a Doug Phillips leghumper. So racism is a good guess.

Looking at the photos, he does have some plastic army men who are painted tan. Still, most 18 year old kids realize how racist that statement would sound. So, I am torn between considering him a racist or just ignorant. I am hoping that being isolated has caused him to not understand how certain phrases might seem offensive.

Even if he is just ignorant, his statement shows how harmful keeping kids from the outside world can be. From reading his blog, he seems to really want to own his own farm. How will he deal with customers if he doesn't understand what is offensive and what isn't?

He's a pal of Josiahs too. His fathers blog really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. His Dad has a good job, the boss let him have the Lamborghini for a weekend, so the parents are not farming full time.

He's a pal of Josiahs too. His fathers blog really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. His Dad has a good job, the boss let him have the Lamborghini for a weekend, so the parents are not farming full time.

The more I learn about JosiahW's friends and family, the happier I am that none of us took him up on his offer to skype.

The more I learn about JosiahW's friends and family, the happier I am that none of us took him up on his offer to skype.

Oh I never would have considered it. I was reading Josiah's mom's blog and she was all proud that their 5000sq ft house only cost them 56k. Seems they begged materials and money. And Josiahs got to bitch about working women???

Archived