IGNORED

Shy Book Lover

Anxious Girl

I'm not sure if this is in the wrong place or not, if it is, someone can remove the thread. Does anybody here have any good reccomendations on books about how christianity/ any other religion has affected (is that the right word? if not, please correct me) feminism in history? Or any critical books about the Quiverfull cult? I tried looking on Barnes and Noble's website, but couldn't find anything. thanks for reading. *is very shy about first time posting :oops:* I always love reading good history books that cover the middle ages through the early 20th century of the Western and Asian world.

Welcome!

There's actually a very good book, titled "Under The Influence, How Christianity Transformed Culture," that shows how Christianity has helped women, etc.

Sadly, the last I heard it was $75 a copy. Why someone would write such an important book and then make it unavailable is beyond me. (Tch - theologians!!! :shock: )

ETA, oh, joy supreme, there are some for less than $48! :roll:

http://www.amazon.ca/Under-Influence-Ch ... 0310236371

These are the kinds of things that drive sensible Christians cuckoo.

Welcome!

There's actually a very good book, titled "Under The Influence, How Christianity Transformed Culture," that shows how Christianity has helped women, etc.

Sadly, the last I heard it was $75 a copy. Why someone would write such an important book and then make it unavailable is beyond me. (Tch - theologians!!! :shock: )

ETA, oh, joy supreme, there are some for less than $48! :roll:

http://www.amazon.ca/Under-Influence-Ch ... 0310236371

These are the kinds of things that drive sensible Christians cuckoo.

Ah, supply and demand. If they foresee a book not having many buyers they increase the price to cover production costs. That's why textbooks are always so expensive.

Thanks, MamaJuneBug! I have a funny feeling that it'll be at my local library/college library. If not, I will just order it online. *is greatly appreciated*

I'm not sure if this is in the wrong place or not, if it is, someone can remove the thread. Does anybody here have any good reccomendations on books about how christianity/ any other religion has affected (is that the right word? if not, please correct me) feminism in history? Or any critical books about the Quiverfull cult? I tried looking on Barnes and Noble's website, but couldn't find anything. thanks for reading. *is very shy about first time posting :oops:* I always love reading good history books that cover the middle ages through the early 20th century of the Western and Asian world.

Would you share with us your interest in Quiverful?

@ gustava: I got into quiverfull on a forum of another sight that I went to that had Michelle's news before she had a misscarriage in the religion section of the forum, and I wondered why. I looked it up further online, and find out about the patriarchy movement from this website. I'm a feminist, but a very shy one about it, meaning I have never participated in any feminism forums untill now. I have a anxiety and social anxiety, so when people around me talk about stereotypes about men or women I don't know to say or how I can reply without sounding like an idiot even though I know what I'm talking about. I hope I can find the courage here to be confident and I want to learn more about feminism and how religion effects it (is that the proper word), not the just the basics of feminism I learned in sociology. Sorry for the tl;dr rant. I tend to do that alot.

@ gustava: I got into quiverfull on a forum of another sight that I went to that had Michelle's news before she had a misscarriage in the religion section of the forum, and I wondered why. I looked it up further online, and find out about the patriarchy movement from this website. I'm a feminist, but a very shy one about it, meaning I have never participated in any feminism forums untill now. I have a anxiety and social anxiety, so when people around me talk about stereotypes about men or women I don't know to say or how I can reply without sounding like an idiot even though I know what I'm talking about. I hope I can find the courage here to be confident and I want to learn more about feminism and how religion effects it (is that the proper word), not the just the basics of feminism I learned in sociology. Sorry for the tl;dr rant. I tend to do that alot.

:text-welcomewave: to FJ.

Archived